Chapter 6

Worth The Bets

I wiped my face and sighed. I looked at Heechul. He was looking straight at me and his face looked as worried as I was. "Do you know Naeun's room number?" I asked.

Heechul shook his head. "I don't know. Why are you searching for her?" he asked.

"I have 2 possibilities in my head right now. It's either he is with Naeun or he is out there in the storm" I explained.

"Try call Naeun" he said. I just nodded my head and slid my hand into my pocket for my phone. I took it out and started searching for Naeun's number. I quickly pressed the call button as soon as I found Naeun's number. I put my phone to my ear and waited for Naeun to answer. "Wait here" he said as he excused himself to get back inside.

"Yoboseyo?" Naeun said as she answered the phone.

"Naeun-ah. Is Moon Junyoung with you?" I asked.

"No. He is not with me" she said and she sounded as if she was feeling weird with the question that I asked.

"Yah! Don't lie to me!" I screamed when Heechul opened the door of his room while wearing a jacket. I didn't know why I screamed. I think it was just because I was too worried over something that I didn't sure what happened so I just felt like raging over other person.

'What happened?' he mouthed to me but I didn't say anything. I just gave him a glare. The same glare he always gave to me. He just shrugged upon to receive such glare.

"What is wrong with you?!" Naeun yelled back at me. I guessed the yell was very loud even Heechul could hear it. That was when he sensed that there was no worth for both of us to get into a fight when we didn't know Moon Junyoung's current condition. Heechul harshly took the phone from my hand.

"YAH!" I yelled. He gave me the stare as a sign for me to wait and stay away for a moment. I had no other choice than shrug, roll my eyes and wait for whatever the solution that will come out later. 

"This is Heechul. Tell me what happened. I mean tell me when and where the last time you saw Junyoung?" Heechul said. We were walking along the hotel alley heading to the lobby while Heechul listened to Naeun's explanation. Heechul didn't say anything other than 'hmm' 'ehem' 'ohh' together with a nod. 

"Okay. Thank you Naeun. We will tell you if we get anything" Heechul said as he hung up the phone. He turned his body to me and passed back my phone.

"Is Junyoung with her?" I asked.

Heechul shook his head while he put his hands on his hips. His expression looked as if something bad was happening. "Junyoung is not with her." he explained. I made an expression which precisely asked him to explain more. "Naeun said that she went back to her room earlier than Moon Junyoung because she was tired. Junyoung insisted to snowboard more when Naeun already asked him to get back to his room. So Naeun decided to leave Junyoung as he was being stubborn as he is" 

My eyes widened. My heart was beating faster. He wasn't with Naeun so it meant he wasn't safe. I wanted to cry. I could feel the bottom of my eyes were swelling to flow with tears but I held it in because I knew that it wasn't the time for me to cry. I tried to think positive. "Maybe he is around here in the resort. Let's search for him around here first. If we still can't find him, then we should report to the management about a missing person. Call Hyungshik to stay at the room in case he'll be back. I will tell Kyuwan to company Hyungshik" I explained as I gave the orders to Heechul.

Heechul nodded his head and he didn't protest. "You go search at the lobby and I will start search for him at the gents" he said and I nodded my head.

We went to our separate ways. I called Kyuwan right away after that. Luckily Kyuwan answered the phone after the first ring. I told her everything about Junyoung.

"Okay. I will wait here with Hyungshik. Tell me if anything happens" she said.

"I will" I said and hung up the phone. 

I started searching around the lobby. There were not so many people around the lobby as it was already almost 8.30pm at that time. Plus, because of the snow storm, any activities on the ski hill or outdoor activites are prohibited to the visitors as it may cause danger so most of the visitors were in their room, having a rest or hang around the lobby. I looked around the lobby. There was no sign of Moon Junyoung in the lobby. I even asked the lady that worked at the reception counter if she saw Junyoung and her answer was no. 

I went to the cafe and checked every table inside the cafe. There was still no sign of Moon Junyoung. I asked the bartender if by any chance that he saw Junyoung. The bartender said that Junyoung went there to buy his coffee before the snow storm started falling. I thanked the bartender before I left the cafe.

I met Heechul outside of the cafe and he was out of breath. I guessed he had run all over the place to search for Junyoung. "Did you find Junyoung?" I asked with a very high hope inside me. 

Heechul shook his head. He was panting. He put one of his hands on my shoulder before he took a deep breath. He rested his hands on his hips before he continued to take another deep breath. He turned to face me and his expression was serious. "I didn't find him. I asked the guy who in charge with the chairlift thingy and he said Junyoung was the last person who went up the hill before the storm started" he explained.

"The bartender said that Junyoung went to buy his coffee before the storm started" I explained. "I think we should talk to the person in charge with the management of the outdoor activities" 

Heechul nodded. He followed behind me as we went back into the lobby and headed to the reception counter. "We want to report a missing 17 years old teenager. He is our friend" Heechul said while he leaned his body to the reception counter.

"Missing teenager?" the receptionist looked at us with a weird expression. The receptionist was a lady. The lady that I asked before. She looked as if she was about to laugh when Heechul said it. Maybe because she thought it was impossible for a 17 years old teenager to get lost. 

I was tired, worried, anxious, uneasy and a feeling called annoyed was added when the lady looked as if she almost laugh. "Listen here lady. I know you find it ridiculous to hear a normal, grown up 17 years old teenager missing in this very small resort but I believe that he is not missing in this resort but on the hill. Now, do you mind if I talk to your manager?" I said with a sarcastic smile on my face. 

The lady frowned at me. "It's impossible for your friend to get lost in the hill. We have make sure that the hill was empty, no skier or snowboarders before we closed it"

I was at my limit. "I find it impossible for a woman like you to look this pretty. However, it is possible now with the help of the plastic surgery. You can change you face to whoever you like" I exclaimed and smirked. Heechul who was standing beside me was already laughing. The lady frowned at me and quickly covered her nose. To be honest I didn't know how to point out if that person really had a plastic surgery. The surgery these days are very good because it looked real. This lady was unlucky because I caught her couldn't stop checking her chin and her nose in the mirror. It was very obvious by the attitude.

The lady went inside a room that was situated behind the reception counter. Heechul looked at me and nudged my elbow. "Good point" Heechul said.

"Thanks" I smiled. But the smile didn't last long because we had a more important thing to settle. Moon Junyoung.

Soon after that, the lady came out from the room with a man that was smartly dressed in a white shirt. The sleeves were folded to his elbow. He looked perfectly handsome. He approached us and smiled to us.

"My name is Im Siwan and I am the manager. May I help you?" he asked.

"Yes. Our friend have gone missing and we believe that he is still on the hill" Heechul explained. 

"Frankly speaking, I don't think that your friend is still on the hill. It is one of our procedures to make sure that any skiers or snowboarders are not allowed at the hill before it was closed" the manager explained. Well, at least the way this manager tried to explain to us wasn't as irritating as the lady. 

"How sure are you?" Heechul asked the manager this time. He stared right into the manager's eyes. He was like digging the manager's soul out of his body just using his stare. 

The manager flustered upon to receive such stare but he managed to put a smile. He took a pen and a piece of paper. "Can you explain how your friend looks like?" he asks.

"Is that really necessary?" I frowned.

"It is one of our procedures" the manager explained, still with a smile on his face.

"His name is Moon Junyoung and his hair is dyed into red" Heechul described. He didn't protest as how much I did. Although his face looked like he would punch the manager's face anytime as the storm was getting stronger and heavier, he definitely understood the procedures. If possible he would rather go out there alone to search for his bestfriend but he had no power to do that. "His height is about my height. He wore a pair of black tracksuits and striking orange jacket" he said, telling the manager about Junyoung's physical.

The manager jot down everything that Heechul said. "Okay. We will tell the rescue team to start searching for your friend. If there's any news about him, we will report to you immediately. You can wait at the lobby. I hope you can be patience while we will try our best to search for your friend" the manager said.

I was actually stunned by what the manager said. Everything he said was like it was scripted on a piece of paper and all he had to do was to say it and act it out. Heechul nodded his head as a sign of thank you. So did I.

We turned around and walked to the empty couches at the lobby. I stared at the snow storm that falling outside of the resort. The wind has just gotten stronger and Junyoung was out there, alone in the cold. No one knew what was happening to him. No one knew if he was okay. No one knew if he was safe. No one knew. 

I felt a hand on my back. I turned my gaze to the other way to see Heechul with a smile yet worried face. It was his hand. I couldn't felt the warmth of his hand against my back because of the thick jacket but I was sure that he put his hand on my back just because he wanted to calm me down. "Everything will be fine" he said to assure me that's everything's gonna be fine.

I didn't feel any good with what Heechul said. I had a fight with Junyoung this morning. For the whole night I've been thinking about his past relationship with Naeun. I knew that their relationship was in the past but I couldn't help it because it really bothered me in so many ways. Perhaps, I just felt insecure. Before Junyoung proposed me to be his girlfriend, Naeun told me herself that she had this huge crush on Moon Junyoung. All this while I thought it was just a regular crush just like Kyuwan having a crush on Hyungshik. It was actually beyond that. I had doubts on him that he might propose to me because he had problems with Naeun so he wanted to make her jealous. But I couldn't doubt him anymore because he had always been there for me. I felt bad for doubting him.

I forced a smile on my face while we walk towards the couch. I sat on one of the couch while Heechul sat on the couch next to me. My phone rang. I slid my hand inside the pocket and took my phone out. It was Kyuwan. 

"Kyuwan-ah"I sais as soon as I answered the call.

"Junka-ah. Is everything okay? Junyoung has not come back to the room" she explained.

"I know. We already report about a missing person to the resort management. They are trying to find him at the hill right now. We have to wait for them" I explained.

I could hear Kyuwan's sighed. She was as worried as I was. "Okay then. I'm coming for you. Where are you? Heechul?" she asked.

"Heechul is with me. We are at the lobby" I said as I massaged my forehead. I wasn't really having a  headache but the worry about Junyoung's current condition made me feel uneasy. 

"Okay. Hyungshik and I will go there" Kyuwan said before she hung up.

Heechul rested his elbows on his thighs and clasped his fingers together. "Kyuwan and Park Hyungshik?" he asked. I just nodded my head, not really in the mood to talk. I couldn't stop shaking my feet while my hand rested on my thighs. "Lee Junka" Heechul called my name but I ignored him. I was very worried I didn't want to hear or talk anything. The only thing that I had in my mind was Moon Junyoung. "Lee Junka" he called my name again. He put out his hand to grab on mine. 

I turned my head to look at him. He gripped tightly on my hand. This time I could feel the warmth of his hand. If compared to me, my hands were sweaty and cold. I had symptoms. My hands turned sweaty and cold whenever I was too worried or too nervous over something. "What?" I muttured.

"Everything will be fine" he said as he stared into my eyes. This time his stare wasn't the stare that he always gave to me. It was the stare that says he would protect me and assure me that everything's gonna be okay. It was the stare that would make me a little bit at ease. 

However, I was still in uneasy state. I knew that Heechul just tried to make me calm down before I burst into a cry or before I would do something that would put me in danger but it just didn't work. I gently push his hand away from mine. I got up from the couch and walked to the huge glass window. I saw nothing but falling snow. 

I really hoped for Moon Junyoung to be safe or at least, alive.

--------------------

1 hour had passed and there was no news for us. All of us were in the lobby including Naeun. I had been standing by the glass window for the whole time. I couldn't stop staring at the outside, hoping that Junyoung would calmly walk down the hill just fine.

"Im Siwan-ssi" I heard Heechul exclaimed. I turned my body around to see the manager walking towards the group. I walked back towards the group and waited for any news from the manager.

"Jung Heechul-ssi, Lee Junka-ssi. We are sorry to say that we have to stop searching for your friend" he explained.

"WHAT?!" I shouted before the manager could explain. I really wanted to punch the manager on his face but Heechul was faster. He held my wrist tightly, preventing and as a sign for me not to do anything stupid. Like kicking the manager's .

"The storm and the wind are stronger now and it will risk our rescuers. We will need to wait for the storm to subside before we can continue searching for your friend" the manager explained. "I hope you can understand"

"I understand. I guess we will have to wait" Heechul said. I looked at Heechul, disbelieve that Heechul just said that. He should have give all out to save his own bestfriend. Why would he delay something emergency like this?

I turned to look at the others. Hyungshik just nodded his head in agreement. Naeun didn't say anything but she just stared on the floor but from her face I know she agreed with it. I looked at Kyuwan who was standing next to Hyungshik across me. She looked back at me. I knew she agreed with them but she felt guilty because she knew I disagree with them. 

I turned to look back at Jung Heechul. "What do you mean you understand? Your bestfriend is out there! You have to save him! How can you call yourself a bestfriend when you are not there for him? You would rather lost you bestfriend than trying to find him? What were you thinking?" I exclaimed, almost yell.

Heechul turned to look at me and he still didn't let go off my wrist from his gripped. "Yah Lee Junka. Of course I want to save him but you can't just be selfish. Just because we want to save Junyoung, doesn't mean we have to put other's people life at risk" he yelled.

I hated it when Heechul said that I was being selfish. I stared down on my feet. Not because I was thinking about Heechul said but I was actually had exceeded my patience limit. I harshly pulled my hand off from Heechul's gripped. I untied my hair and I let it down on my shoulders. Then, I slowly combed my hair with my fingers and tied it again into a ponytail. I put back my head up and stared into the manager's eyes. The manager was stunned to see my current condition.

"Where is the snowmobile?" I asked the manager. The environment was tense with my sudden transformation.

"Don't tell me you want to go and save your friend by yourself. We can't let you do that especially in this weather" the manager explained.

I put my hand on my neck and crack it as I walked towards the manager. I smirked to see the manager's reaction. The manager took a step backwards as I took a step towards him. "Did you hear he just called me a selfish? I really hate it when people say that I am being selfish. I really hate it I would kill just anyone I want. However, I made a vow of not wanting to kill anyone anymore. So I've come to a conclusion, I don't want to let your rescuers life in danger, maybe I should just go search for him by myself" I said. It sounded like a whisper but it was soft, tense and creepy at the same time. The manager's back bumped onto the wall. He had no other way to go because he was trapped. "Now tell me manager-nim, am I being selfish when I am so dead worry about my boyfriend and I rather risk my life to save him. Am I being selfish?!" I yelled before I raised my fist into the air.

The manager's eyes were wide open when my fist passed his left ear and hit the wall behind him. He was in shocked state and so did the others. I could hear their gasps and Heechul's voice calling my name. I ignored them. 

"T--there are 2 snowmobiles at the main entrance. The keys are with the rescuers but I think they left the keys at the snowmobiles because I said I will come back to them later" the manager explained. 

I took a deep breath and that was when I realized that I still had my fist on the wall. I turned to look at the wall and there was a small crack on it. I looked at my knuckles and they were bleeding. I didn't expect that I would crack a wall with my fist and magically, it didn't feel painful. I guessed I didn't feel anything because I had no time to worry about my bleeding knuckles but Moon Junyoung.

I ran to the entrance door when I heard Heechul called me. I stopped and turned my body to him. He stopped in front of me. He ped his jacket and I could see that he wore 2 pieces of tshirts underneath it. He tear off a piece of cloth from his tshirt. 

"What are you doing?" I frowned.

Heechul harshly took my bleeding hand. He wrapped the cloth on my bleeding knuckles. He didn't answer to my question about him tearing his tshirt but he just said "I'm coming with you". I frowned to him again.

I frowned and smirked. "I thought you said I was being selfish"

He shrugged. "You were but I was wrong actually" he said and put a smile.

I couldn't help it but put a weak smile on my face. 

We ran to the outside of the resort through the main entrance while wearing our gloves that we kept it inside our pocket all the time. Just like what the manager said, there were 2 snowmobiles. We ran down the steps before we got to the snowmobiles. There were a rescuer at the snowmobile, maybe he was waiting for the manager to came back. The rescuer turned to us when he heard our footsteps on the wooden floor. We immediately headed to the snowmobiles and ignored the rescuer. When we tried to get on the snowmobiles, the rescuer gently pushed us away from the snowmobiles. "What are you two trying to do?" the rescuer asked.

"We want to rescue our friend" I answered.

"You can't. The weather is not very welcoming to continue rescuing your friend. We need to wait. We can't allow visitors to do the rescuing" the rescuer explained.

Heechul took a deep breath before he looked at me. I looked back at him. I knew exactly what he meant with that look. I nodded to him and we looked back at the rescuer. 

"Ahjussi mianhaeyo!" I shouted before I dodged the ahjussi who tried to stop me from getting to the snowmobile. Heechul blocked the rescuer so that I could pass the rescuer. I quickly ran to the snowmobile and get on it. I started the engine and sped up the hill. I looked over my shoulder to see the rescuer was kneeling on the cold snow while pressing on his stomach. I guessed Heechul gave a good punch on his stomach. Heechul got onto the other snowmobile and caught up after me. 

"So how should we find him?" Heechul asked.

"I don't know. Just look for any weird or strange things. I really don't know" I shouted because I didn't think Heechul could hear me if I speak normally due to the wind and the engine sound from the snowmobiles.

Heechul frowned at me. "What kind of strange things?" 

"I don't know. Just follow your insticts" I said. I really didn't know how to search for him. I never been to any rescue classes so I really had no idea of how to search for the lost Moon Junyoung. Somehow I just felt that Junyoung had this one connection that tied both of us. It was like Junyoung holds one end of a rope and I hold the other. So no matter where Junyoung go, I will always be there for him. If I want to know where Junyoung is, I just need to follow the rope. He will be there at the end of the rope. 

"You have your cell phone with you right?" Heechul asked. 

I nodded my head. "Yes. Why?"

"I think it's better for us to split up. I think it is impossible for Moon Junyoung to get lost in the middle of the hill. If he did, the rescuers would have found him.  You go that way" he said as he pointed to me to the left side of the hill. "And I'll go this way" he continued and pointed to the other side of the hill. "If anything happen, call me"

I nodded my head. "Call me if anything happen to you too. Be careful" I said before I steered to the way he pointed to me earlier.

I parked the snowmobile near the fence. Beyond the wired fence was an undiscovered forest. The forest was dark, I couldn't even dare to look. I got off the snowmobile and started walking along the side of the hill.

"MOON JUNYOUNG!" I shouted. There was no answer. If he was injured and couldn't get up, he would at least response to the shout but there was definitely no answer. Only the sound of the wind and the leaves rattled could be heard. 

"MOON JUNYOUNG!" I shouted again and there was still no response. I walked down the hill while holding the fence. I was very careful not to fall on the cold snow. "MOON JUNYOUNG!" I shouted again.

As I walked down, I realized that the part of the fence was break, making like an open door. I kneeled and examined the fence and it didn't look like as if it was purposely cut. It looked as if someone rammed on it. It was impossible for a person to lose control and cut the wired fence. I looked closely. The fence wasn't really cut off. I brushed the snow using my feet. The fence was actually bent to the outer side. 

I fished out my phone to turn on the assistive light before I slowly stepped to the other side. That was when I saw a glimpse of yellow color on a board laying just under a tree. I remembered how Junyoung's snowboard that he rent from the resort looked like. The ground where I stood was about 1metre higher. So I had to slide my body on the snow to get to the board. I took the board and I was really sure that it belonged to Junyoung. The problem was, where is Moon Junyoung?

"MOON JUNYOUNG!" I shouted as I looked around for him. He might be covered in snow right now so I had to be careful as I walked at the possible radius from the place where I found his snowboard. As I walked farther into the forest, I heard someone groaning. I tried to trace where the voice came from. I turned my head and shone the forest to my left. I saw a person laying, almost covered in the snow. I carefully ran towards him, not wanting to trip over. 

I put my phone aside as I kneeled beside the guy and brushed the snow off from his. The guy was wearing a striking orange jacket. I flipped over the guy and let his head laid on my laps. Few tears escaped my eyes and rolled on my cheeks when I saw his face. The guy was Moon Junyoung. I was a bit relieved that I found him. 

I wiped the tears away from my face and gently slapped Junyoung's face. "Yah. Moon Junyoung. Wake up. Do you hear me?" I said. He didn't answer me. He was totally unconscious. When I pulled my hand from under his head to take my phone, there was blood all over my palm. His head was bleeding. I wasted no time because Junyoung really needed an emergency treatment. I quickly searched for Heechul's number and called him.

"Yah Jung Heechul. I found him" I said.

"Thank God. Where are you?" he asked.

"You need to follow the fence. One part of the fence is bent and it opened like a door. I'm down here in the forest. You better hurry because his head is bleeding" I explained.

"Okay. I'll come to you" Heechul said as he hung up the phone. 

I look at Junyoung. I couldn't utter the words how happy I was when I found him but on the same time I was sad to look he was unconscious on my lap. Plus, I was worried that his head was injured. I held his hands tightly, hoping that at least my warm hands would at least made him feel better. I brought our hands together to my mouth and let out a breath.

"LEE JUNKA!" I heard Heechul's voice screamed for my name. 

I turned my head to where the voice came from. I saw Heechul was standing by the fence with his assistive light. I took my phone and waved so that Heechul could see the signal I sent to him while I shouted his name. I saw Heechul started moving and running towards us.

"Yah Jung Heechul. Hurry. You need to carry him" I said as I saw him getting closer to us. 

Heechul didn't protest. He immediately squat near Junyoung. "You hold this" he said while passing me his phone. "Help me to get him on my back" he said as he repositioned his squat in between Junyoung's legs. He took Junyoung's right hand and put it over his shoulder. I helped Heechul by slowly lift up Junyoung's body as I put Junyoung's other arm over Heechul's other shoulder. Heechul's hands reached for Junyoung's thigh. I helped Heechul to stand up by supporting Junyoung's body from behind and pushing him up to prevent both of them from falling.

When we wanted to get to the higher ground, it was tough for Heechul to get up there so I had to push  Junyoung and Heechul from behind. Heechul turned to me when I was still at the lower ground. He wanted to help me to get up to the higher ground but he stumbled a little as he tried to reach out his hand. 

"It's okay. I can do this" I said. I took few steps backwards. I took a deep breath before I ran and climbed to the higher ground. Heechul turned to me and looked as if he was fascinated by what I just did. I frowned to him. "What? Everyone can do that" I said as we headed to the snowmobile.

"You are going to drive the snowmobile. I will sit at the back" I command and again, Heechul didn't protest. He just did as I said. "Faced him towards me so that when we go down, I will hold him so he doesn't fall" I continued. Heechul just nodded his head. I helped Heechul to put Junyoung on the snowmobile. We made Junyoung sat on it. I held Junyoung's body so he didn't fall while Heechul took Junyoung's leg to the other side of the snowmobile. I got on the snowmobile first and let Junyoung laid his head on my chest.

Heechul started the engine when he got on the snowmobile. "Hold tight" he said before he sped to get to the resort.

 

When we arrived at the main entrance, I could see there were some people crowded in front of it. One of them is the manager and some people I did not recognized. I guessed they were the ememrgency team. I also saw Kyuwan, Hyungshik and Naeun. When we stopped at the stairs, the emergency team quickly ran towards us with a stretcher. Heechul got off the snowmobile to help the emergency team to lift Junyoung up to the stretcher while I was still on the snowmobile, holding Junyoung, preventing him from fall over. I got off from the snowmobile when Junyoung was properly put onto the stretcher. 

Kyuwan ran up to us with thick blankets in her hands. She gave one of the blanket to Heechul and took the other blanket to wrap it around me. I looked to Kyuwan and thanked her. When I wanted to follow the emergency team to where they were bringing Junyoung, Heechul stopped me. 

"What are you doing? We need to get him to the hospital" I said and frowned to him.

"I will go. You stay here and get your knuckles treated" he said and his voice was strict.

Unfortunately, I was not even afraid to him. I glared to him before I walked pass him and followed the emergency team to the ambulance.

----------------------

Junyoung was lying on the hospital bed, unconsicious. I sat on the chair beside his bed and held tight to his hand, hoping that at least my temperature would at least made him a little warm. The doctor said Junyoung only had a minor injury at the back of his head. The doctor also said the cause of the injury could be because he hit on something hard when he fell off. That was why he lost his consciousnes. Even so, it wasn't that serious and the doctor predicted that he would be okay in about a week. 

I laid my head on the bed and my hand was still holding to his. Our fingers intertwined. I turned my head so I could see his face. He looked so pure and angelic from my view. I couldn't help myself but put a smile on my face. I was very glad that he was safe. To see him in front of my eyes, nothing else could make me felt more relieve than this. His angelic face made me feel much more at ease. I totally have forgotten about whatever his past relationship was. I knew that was in the past. I am his present and future. I would like to secure that position forever because I want to be by his side and the most important reason is, I love him.

I kissed his knuckles before I slowly closed my eyes and stepped into my dream land.

 

-----------------------

To be continued...

 

 

 

~~~~~

Guess whose POV will be next ;)