Chapter 5

Worth The Bets

It was vey cold that night even though the heater inside the room was on. I covered myself with the thick blanket that the resort had provided. My eyes fluttured when I turned my body to the veranda as I tried to adjust with the lighting around me. I squint my eyes and I saw the curtains were wide open. The sun had rise. Kyuwan's bed was right beside the sliding door to the veranda and it was empty. Kyuwan had woke up earlier than me. I turned my body so I was laying on my stomach. I reached for my phone under my pillow and checked at the clock. It was 9 in the morning. 

"Yah Lee Junka. You awake?" Kyuwan asked me.

"Eung" I responded as I turned my head to where her voice came from. She was standing in front of the mirror, fixing her hair. 

"You should get up now. We are going to ski for the whole day" Kyuwan said as she applied some of her BB Cream

"Have fun" I said as I buried my face on my pillow.

"Seriously Lee Junka?" she said as I could feel she walked to my bed and stood at the edge. She pulled my blanket away from me. 

I turned my body around and glared at her. I was very pissed off because I wanted to sleep more. "Choi Kyuwan!" I yelled. Then I buried back my face on the pillow.

 "Come on Lee Junka!" she yelled back then I heard she sighed. "I will teach you how to ski" she said.

I turned my body so that I was facing the veranda. "I'm not really in a good mood today. You go first. I will catch up with you later"

Upon to hear that, Kyuwan covered me back with the blanket and she sat on the bed. "Are you okay? Are you having fever?" she asked as she put her hand on my forehead and around my neck to feel the temperature of my body. 

I gently put her hand away from me. I turned my body a little so that I could look at her face to face. I forced myself to put a smile. "Don't worry. I'm okay and my mood will get better later. I will join you guys later"

"Are you okay? Are you having any problem? With Junyoung? Did you two get into a fight?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No. It's not something like that. I'm okay. I will join you later okay? Don't worry. I am not a morning person remember? So it takes time for me to get back to my mood" I said. 

She put a weak smile. "Okay then. I'll go grab some breakfast. Then I will come back with your breakfast. After that I will go ski with the others" she said.

I nodded my head. She got up from my bed and headed to her bagpack to take out her snowcap, earmuffs and ski goggles. 

I turned my body to the other side. That wasn't really the real reason though. I really couldn't sleep last night because of the anxious feeling that I had inside of me. I've been trying to figure out why did I feel so anxious. Plus, about the meeting between Junyoung and Naeun. I really don't think that it was just because she wanted to say that she would beat Junyoung in snowboarding today. She didn't have to meet him if she wanted to say. She could just texted him or called him. Furthermore, why would Naeun called Junyoung to tell she had been following us. She knew that both Kyuwan and I were the one who planned to come to this place, she could just call us straight away. Before I had the feeling of anxious. but now I feel insecure with Naeun around. 

Naeun said it that she and Junyoung used to snowboard together. So I bet both of them were really good in snowboarding. I didn't want to waste anyone's time including Kyuwan just to teach me how to ski when they actually could have fun going up the hill and ski back down. If I learn how to ski then I would surely be falling on the snow many times. I didn't want to look weak in front of anyone especially Moon Junyoung.

Moon Junyoung. That guy made me lost of confidence. I sighed before I slowly closed my eyes and stepped into my dreamland.

 

--------------------

 

My hand reached for my ear when I felt a wind blew at my ear. I groaned as the wind kept blowing around my ear. I thought it was Kyuwan who wanted to play around with me so I just ignored her.

Suddenly I heard a voice whispered at my ear calling my name. "Lee Junka~~" 

"I will join you guys later" I mumbled with my eyes still closed as I pulled my blanket over my head.

That was when I felt someone was climbing my bed and I was expecting it was Kyuwan when another whisper entered my ear. "You better wake up now or I'll do things to you"

The whisper sounded so familiar to me and I recognized whose voice was it. I shot my eyes open before I slowly turned my head over my shoulder and I saw that smile. The sweetest smile yet naughty I ever seen on Earth. "Good morning honey" he said with his rough and seductive voice.

I turned back my head away from looking at him. I slowly hid my swollen face under my blanket. "Yah! Moon Junyoung! What are you doing?!" I yelled.

He giggled. "I'm trying to wake you up of course. Kyuwan asked for my favor to wake you up. Come look at me now" he said as he gently pulled my shoulder so that I was laying on my back. He pulled down the blanket so he could see my face but I resist. I held the blanket tightly so that he didn't have to look at me but he was stronger so of course he could pull the blanket off my face in just one pull. 

I stared right into his eyes because he was on top of me. He rested his hands on both of my arms, stopping me from moving. He had a smirk on his face when he saw I was blushing. 

"W--hat are you doing?" I stuttered. My heart was beating fast. Waking up looking at Moon Junyoung's face on top of you, who wouldn't blush and stutter? 

"Waking you up" he said with that smile on his face. "Now, can I get my morning kiss?" he asked.

I looked at him with my face that was as red as tomatoes. "No!" I exclaimed. 

"Why??" he whined.

I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes. "You better get up now before I kick your private area" I said and I made a very serious expression. 

Junyoung playful smile slowly fade away as he stared me into my eyes. I could feel my cheeks were not burning and blushing anymore. "You don't like what I am doing?" he asked.

"Definitely not" I said as I shook my head.

"But you were blushing just now" he said.

"Seriously Moon Junyoung. I really am not in a very good mood today" I said as I stared into his eyes. It wasn't that I don't like what he was doing. I find it romantic and sweet though. I didn't know why I was acting cold to everyone today. I think it was because I was very uncomfortable with that anxious and insecure feelings that I had the whole night. Junyoung's way waking me up by showing his good looking face doesn't really help me to feel better. 

"Is it about last night?" he asked as he squeezed my arms.

I rolled my eyes. "It has nothing to do about last night" I said as I sighed because I didn't know how to explain.

"You sighed" he said as he let go off my arms and got off from top of me. He sat beside me with his elbows rested on his thighs. He wasn't looking at me. He just stared the wall as if he was thinking of something. "It really is about last night" he said as he put his long thin fingers along his jaw.

"I told you that it has nothing to do with whatever happened last night. I'm trying to forget about it instead" I exclaimed, still laying on the bed.

"Trying to forget everything? Including the hug and the kiss?" he asked.

"Why are you being so emotional?" I asked.

"I'm not the one who is being emotional. You are Lee Junka. If it's about me and Naeun, I told you didn't I that I will tell you everything when the right time comes" he exclaimed as he stood up, leaning on the wall and his hands rested on his hips.He looked at me as I looked back at him.

I slowly got up and sat on my bed. I turned my body so I was facing him. "I really don't want to get into any fight Moon Junyoung. I really am tired and I am not in a good mood today. The reason why I am not in a good mood today has nothing to do about you with Naeun or whatever. In fact you are the one who bring up the issue" I exclaimed.

"Oh yeah? So is it my fault now that we are supposed to spend our time together when you decided to stay in your bed being all emotional?" he said, almost yell.

I couldn't control my patience anymore so I just blew everything up. "Fine! I am the one who is being emotional all of sudden. It is my fault that I don't want to join you guys play snowboard or ski.Why? Because I am just a who has no mood in the morning to join her friends to ski. Plus, her boyfriend is going to snowboarding with what he called 'very-close-snowboarding-partner' whatsoever. I don't care. Are you satisfied now?" I shouted.

Junyoung looked at me and he looked surprised. "Woww Lee Junka. That really offended me. Seriously? Have I abondoned you as a boyfriend? I've done everything for you. I guess I should be claimedl as a good boyfriend. In fact, if I really am gonna snowboard with my 'very-close-snowboarding-partner', I am actually here, waking you up so that you can come and have fun with us. What is wrong with you?" he exclaimed. His voice sounded calmer than before. 

"I told you that I am not in the good mood and you forced me to tell you everything and when I tell you the reasons, you blame me for not wanting to spend time with my friends. Are you trying to blame me in everything right now?" I shouted and I could feel my eyes were burning. I tried to hold it in because I really didn't want to cry in front of him. Not now.

"Yah Lee Junka! I'm not blaming you. What I am trying to say is you should get out, come with us and have fun" he said. His voice was as if he wanted to calm me down. It was as if he could see that would burst into tears in anytime.

"How can I have fun when you are going to have fun with Naeun?" I exclaimed.

"Are you jealous?" he asked.

"Yes I am! So what?" I shouted. I could feel my cheeks are burning from embarrasment. "I hate you!" I shouted again as I laid back on my bed and turned my body to the other way. I was actually feeling embarrased when I said that I was jealous. I covered my face with the blanket because I didn't want him to see my embarrased and crying face. 

I could feel a hand over my shoulder and the kiss that he gave on my head. He didn't say anything. He just kissed me on my head and soon after that, I heard footsteps leaving the room and the sound of the door shut close.

 

-------------------

 

I stayed in my bed for the next couple of hours. I wasn't sleeping, instead I was trying to recall about our little fight this morning. I didn't expect that I really would say it that I was feeling jealous about his past relationship with Naeun. I said it many times that I trusted him but I still doubted him in so many ways. I don't really doubted him, it was just an insecure feeling I had in me. I love him and yes, he was true that he should be claimed as a good boyfriend because he really was good. He had always been there for me even I feel that his existence around me annoyed me so much some times.

I reached for my phone under my pillow. I received a text message from Kyuwan saying that she will wait for me until I get out from my bed and join them. I sighed after I read the message. I looked at the clock and it was already 3.30pm. It felt very warm and cozy to stay on the bed and curled your body into a ball under the blanket. It somehow made me a little bit at ease and comfortable despite my unusual and distracting feelings inside me.

I got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. I opened the tap to warm temperature before I wet a face towel with the warm water. I wiped my face with the towel. I looked into the mirror. My face was swollen. I gently slapped my cheeks and pushed my cheeks upwards using two fingers, forcing a smile on my face. I sighed before I stepped into the shower booth to have a shower.

 

 

I entered the lobby and headed to the coffee shop. The coffee shop was packed with people. There was a long queue in front of me to order their respective favorite caffeine and drinks. The tables inside the coffee shop was also filled with people of all ages. There was 5 people in front of me as I queue to order my hot mocha latte.

I looked outside the glass of the shop. It was facing the side of the hill and the chairlift so I could clearly see the skiers and the snowboarders went up the hill using the chairlift and went down the hill with their skills. It was snowing outside. That was when I spotted Hyungshik and Kyuwan went up the hill using the chairlift together. A smiled curved on my face. Things were going just fine between them. Probably they would start meeting and dating after this vacation. 

Soon after that I saw Junyoung and Naeun with their snowboards. Naeun hugged Junyoung when both of them reached the bottom of the hill. They looked happy. They were laughing. That smile on Junyoung's face, it was the same smile that he always gave to me but somehow he looked happier. He put his arm around Naeun's waist after they broke the hug and walked towards the queue for the chairlift.

"Excuse me. Can I have your order please?" the bartender behind the counter said.

I was into my own thoughts that I didn't realize it was my turn to place my order. I turned my head to look at the bartender.

Suddenly the guy behind me slid his bodypassed me so he could stand in front of the counter. I looked at him. I was about to remind him about queueing when I realized he was Jung Heechul  "1 hot mocha latte for her and 1 hot cappucino for me please" he placed his order. 

"That would be 7283 won" the bartender said. 

"I'll pay mine. How much is the mocha latte?" I asked as I took out my purse out of my jacket pocket.

Heechul held my hand as a sign for me not to do anything. I stood still and looked at him. "I'll pay for you" he said as he took out the notes out of his wallet and gave to the the bartender. 

"Please pick up for your orders at the edge. Thank you" the bartender said as he gave the money balance to Heechul. Heechul took the money balance and we walked towards the edge of the counter. 

"Thank you. That is really nice of you. I didn't expect for you to be very generous" I said. I put a smile on my face.

I didn't know about this generous Jung Heechul. I always thought he was just another arrogant brat. Heechul just looked at me with his famous stare. I had to admit that even though I was Junyoung's girlfriend, I would faint everytime Heechul looked at me with that stare. The stare was like ripping through me straight to my heart.

Heechul smirked at me. "You really don't have any idea how generous I actually am?" he asked as he slipped his hands inside his jacket pockets. He looked cool though.

I nodded my head. "Definitely have no idea about that" I said.

The other bartender put the cups of my mocha latte and Heechul's cappucino on top of the counter. Heechul took the cups and gave mine. "Here" he said as he took a sirp of his drink.

I took the cup and muttured "Thank you"

Heechul headed to one of the empty table near the door and I followed him. He sat on the chair while putting down his drink on the table and I sat across him. He waited for me to settle down before he continued. "Well actually Lee Junka. That is good for you to have that kind of thoughts about me" he said as he leaned on the chair and crossed his legs and arms.

I took a sirp of my drinks and put it on the table. I frowned to him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, what happened earlier wasn't really me. It was Junyoung's" he explained.

"Please elaborate because I don't understand your literature" I said as I took another sirp from my drink.

It was a sarcasm actually. Other than being the bassist for our school band and having those stares, Jung Heechul was popular because he was a genius in literature. He loved literature and Mr Kevin had always loved him for acing the literature class. It didn't matter if it was English or Korean literature. He was really good at it. Most of their songs were written by him. Even though Heechul could be labeled as someone who was arrogant, full of ego, he was actually a romantic person. Well, that what I actually thought of him based on the songs that he wrote. All the lyrics in their songs were very meaningful and beautiful.

He rolled his eyes. "Junyoung asked me to look after you since you decided not to join them. Your drink is actually on him and not me" he explained. 

I scoffed. "Why would Junyoung do that? I mean, I'll be fine. It's not like I am going to commit suicide or something. Plus, why are you not joining them?" I asked.

"I came to this ski resort because I was forced to. I didn't want to come here at the first place because it's cold and I don't like cold. I supposed to have rest inside my room right now but I have to take keep my eyes on you so I don't have any choice than to stuck here, drinking coffee with you" he explained with the smirk on his face.

My eyebrow rose and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe that Heechul just blamed me for making him to have get out from his room. "Well then Jung Heechul. I am fine and I'll be fine. You may go back to your room if you want to" I said. 

"After second thought, I think it wil be nice to stay here. It's a little boring to stay in the room though" he said and he smiled. His smile looks like a 5 years old boy that just got a new toy. I was surprised by that smile. I never seen him smiling like that. For as long as I knew him, I always seen his smirk and stare but not his smiles or laughs. 

I shook my head to get out of my own fantasies. "Anyway, why Junyoung asked you to look after me?" I asked. 

"He didn't say why. He just asked me a favor. As his best friend, here I am, helping him out" he said with that smile again. It made me smile though to see he smiles like that. "Why are you grinning like an idiot?" he asked with a frown on his face.

"Nothing. It's just this is the first time I see you smile like this" I grinned.

His face started to blush. I could see that his cheeks were starting to turn red. He covered half of his face with his hand while his elbow rested on the armchair. He looked away to avoid any eye contact with me. He was feeling embarrased. He cleared his throat before he turned his head to me. "Just call yourself lucky that you get to see this smile" he said.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked. I thought it was okay to get to know Jung Heechul better since he had been acting cold to me since I entered the school. 

"Nothing. I--m just" he stuttered and I find that was really cute. "Yah! Is it wrong for me to smile? Is it a crime to smile without any specific reasons?" he exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Well, it's just really rare to see you smile like that. You've been acting cold and serious and arrogant to everyone. So looking at you smiling like that is quite amusing to me"

He rolled his eyes. "Shut up" he said as he took another sirp of his drink. 

"So Jung Heechul" I said as I put my cup on the table and leaned my back on the chair. "Since you looked so happy and friendly today, do you mind to tell me why you always ask me to complete the Chemistry reports alone?" I asked.

He frowned to me. "What reports?" 

"Don't act stupid Jung Heechul. You are my lab partner for Chemistry" I said. My face clearly showed how annoyed I was with his question. 

"Oh that. Does it trouble you? I took you like Chemistry. You got A+ in the last exam" he said.

"But still completing those reports are supposed to be completed by both of us and not just me alone" I said as my finger gestured to him and me when I said 'both of us'

"Fine. I'll help you in next experiments. That's your point right? To make me complete the reports together with you?" he said as he gave me another of his famous stare.

"Exactly" I said as I looked away, drinking from my cup. I really needed to practice to handle those stare of Jung Heechul because I knew I would need to handle more of that stare later. I cleared my throat as I put back my cup on the table "So how long you and Junyoung become bestfriends?" I asked, changing the topic. 

"We were best friends since we were 5 years old. So I know eveything about Moon Junyoung and he knows everything about me. I've always been there for him and he has always been there for me too. We have so many things in common. We went to the same school until we turned 13, we met Taehun. We find out that the three of us shared the same interest so we started a band" he explained.

"How about Kwanghee-sunbae?" I asked.

"To complete our band, we need a guitarist. Since I am the bassist, Taehun is the drummer and Junyoung is the singer who can't play any music instruments that time" he explained. I chuckled when I head Junyoung's part. I didn't know why I found it quite funny when Heechul said it. I thought it must be because the way Heechul said it sounded so sarcastic.  "You know he is currently learning how to play keyboard right?" he continued.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. Then?"

"So, we decided to search for a guitarist. One day, when Junyoung was looking through the videos in Youtube, he found Kwanghee hyung's video. So we contact Kwanghee hyung and he agreed to be part of our band" he explained.

"Ohh" I said as I nodded my head. "That was cool" 

"There's nothing cool about it. What crap are you talking about?" he said as he repositioned his posture. I just grinned to him. I didn't know why I said it though. It just slipped from my mouth. "What? Didn't Junyoung tell you how we became bestfriends and formed the band?" he asked.

I shook my head. "We are busy in love" I said. It was just an excuse actually. Junyoung probably had told me before but I forgot since I was spacing out when he told me about it.

Heechul rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I saw you were staring at them" he continued.

I frowned. "Them? Who?" I asked.

"Junyoung and Naeun" he said. "Do you know anything about them?"

I shook my head as I took another sirp from my cup. I really didn't want to talk about it. I just couldn't understand why Heechul had to bring that issue into our conversation. I thought I could at least get away from my so insecure feelings by having conversations with Heechul but he already had brought the issue that I didn't want to talk the most.

"Well Junyoung and Naeun were--" I stopped him before he continued by showing my palm in front of his face. A sign for him to stop. 

"I'll hear it from him. I don't want to hear from other people. Even his own bestfriend" I said as I put down my hand.I took my drink and drank it until it was empty. 

Heechul just shrugged and muttured "Okay"

I put my cup on the table. "Do you want to come along? I need to check on them or Kyuwan is going to get mad and will be upset if I didn't show up" I said.

Heechul drank his cappucino until it was empty. He put his cup on the table while wiping his lips using the tissue with his other hand. "Let's go" he said.

 

 

Heechul and I stood at the bottom of the hill. We didn't want to ski so we decided to just watch them. I saw Kyuwan and Hyungshik was skiing down the hill. They were fast and very skillful. Kyuwan looked so cool as he dodged and avoided other people when she skied down. Hyungshik was following her from behind. Hyungshik didn't look as if he was following, he was actually chasing her.

I ran towards Kyuwan when they reached at the bottom. Heechul followed me from behind. "Choi Kyuwan!" I shouted.

Kyuwan looked at the way where my voice came while she took off her goggles. "Lee Junka!" she shouted back while waving towards me. Kyuwan hugged me as soon as I get to her. "You came" she muttured.

"Yeah" I muttured. "You look so cool just now"

She broke the hug. "Thanks" she said as she rested her hands on my shoulders. "Why are you not geared up? Where is your ski board?" she asked.

I smiled at her. "I'm just going to watch you ski. I don't want to ski. Really" I said. Making a confidence face to assure her that I really just want to watch them ski. 

Kyuwan pouted at first but then she put a smile on her face. "Okay then" she said. She looked over at Heechul. "Yah Jung Heechul. You are not going to ski too?" she said. 

I looked over my shoulder to look at Heechul. He just shook his head. "I'll pass" he said.

"Oh okay" Kyuwan responded. She turned to look back at me. Suddenly, she linked her arm with me and slowly asking me to walk with her. She turned her head over shoulder to make sure that we were away from Heechul and Hyungshik. I turned my head over my shoulder as well and I saw Hyungshik walked towards Heechul. They were talking about something but I couldn't hear them because we were already quite far from them. "So Lee Junka" Kyuwan called my name when we were sure that we were quite far for them.

I turned to look at her. "What?" I asked.

"Why are you with Jung Heechul?" she asked. She corrected her question when I frowned at her. "No. I mean since when you are close with Jung Heechul? I thought you and him are not in a very good term. I mean not just you and him. He is not in good term with everyone except his bandmates" she explained.

"I know right" I exclaimed. "I was confused too when he suddenly talked to me. I mean you know how he is right? He won't talk unless other people talk to him first. Believe it or not, we just had a conversation at the coffee shop" 

"Serious ?" she cursed, almost yelled but she quickly covered with her hand. "Oops" she grinned. 

I nodded my head. "Deadly serious" I responded. 

"It means that we can know more about him is it? He is so mysterious even before you transfered into our school" she explained. She suddenly lean forward to me to whisper into my ear. I leaned forward to her as well. "There was a rumor that he liked Junyoung though" 

I backed away. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. "You have to be kidding me. He doesn't look like he is a gay" I said.

"I know right" she shrugged. "But who cares. It's just a rumor though. No one knows if it's true" she put her hands on my shoulders. "So my friend. I am here to warn you to keep Junyoung with you all the time. Don't let Heechul take him from you" 

I frowned to Kyuwan. A wide smile already curved on my face. I was controlling not to laugh but I would burst anytime. "If Heechul really likes Junyoung they must have been dating long time ago. They are bestfriends since they were little" I said.

"I know but it's not wrong to take early precaution steps right?" Kyuwan said and there was a wide smile on her face.

I bit my lower lip, preventing me from laughing. "Don't worry Choi Kyuwan. I know they are not in love with each other. If they did Junyoung won't propose me to be his girlfriend and Naeun shouldn't have fall for Junyoung" I said.

We looked at each other before both of us burst into a big laugh. "Can you imagine if they are really in love?" Kyuwan said as she continued to laugh.

I slapped her arm few times as I tried to control my laugh. "It would be very . They would make it into a manga" I said.

We burst into a louder laugh when I said that. Honestly, Kyuwan and I had been reading a lot of for the last couple of months. So we kind of understood each other what we meant and what was playing inside of our heads. 

"Why are you guys laughing?" Hyungshik asked as he walked towards us. 

I still couldn't stop laughing while Kyuwan had stop from laughing. She was fixing her bangs that escaped her snowcap. She didn't have to do that actually because her bang was okay. "Nothing" Kyuwan said as she shook her head. 

A snowboarder slid through the snow and stopped in front of us. The snow was flying all over us when he tried to stop. I knew it was Moon Junyoung just from his figure and his striking orange colour jacket. He took off his ski goggle and put his sweet and seductive smile. 

"Lee Junka" he muttured.

I smiled back to him. "Are you having fun?" I asked as I brushed off the snow away from my jacket.

"Yah Moon Junyoung. Is that nescessary?" Kyuwan yelled.

Junyoung glared at her. "Yes it is" he said as he stuck out his toungue. I was surprised that he could be childish and playful like this. "Yah Park Hyungshik go take your girlfriend play ski some more" he exclaimed.

My eyes widened when Junyoung mentioned girlfriend. I looked at Kyuwan and her face was turning red. I turned to look at Hyungshik and he just put his charming prince's smile. 

"Let's go have more fun" Hyungshik said as he wrapped his arm around Kyuwan's shoulder, forcing her to turn around and walked away from us heading to the queue to chairlift.

Kyuwan turned her head over her shoulder. "I hate you Moon Junyoung" she mouthed to us.

"I love you too Park Hyungshik" Junyoung shouted. I cracked into a laugh.

Kyuwan's face was turning into more red than red. If it wasn't because Hyungshik was leading her to the queue, I bet she would walk back to us and land a fist on Junyoung's face. 

"They are cute" I muttured. 

"Oh yeah? How about us?" Junyoung asked as he bent down and removed my fringe, exposing my forehead. He was staring into my eyes before he kissed my forehead. 

I wasn't blushing this time but I was sure that there was a wide smile on my face. There was a bit of relief inside of me because I thought I could handle his kisses by now. "I don't know. What do you think?" I asked him back. 

There was another snowboarder that stopped in front of us and let the snow went flying all over us. It was Son Naeun. "Hi Lee Junka" she said as she took of her  ski goggles.

My smile fade away as soon as I saw her. "Hi" I said back, half-heartedly as I brushed off the snow from me for the second time. 

"That was cool" Junyoung said and his tone sounded like he was excited. He put his hand high to get a hi-5 from Naeun.

"I know right" Naeun said as she hi-5 and grabbed on Junyoung's hand. They were holding hands when their hands were no longer in the air.

I gave a death glare at Junyoung. Both of them saw the glare so they quickly let go off their hands.

"So Junka why are you not geared up? You are not going to try to ski?" Naeun asked.

I half-smiled and shook my head. "I'll pass. I don't like to keep falling on the cold snow. It's irritating" I explained.

"Ahh. That's awful" she said with that fake pity expression she made on her face. I knew she was just faking it because I could see a smile at the edge of her lips.  "Junyoung and I really had fun for the whole day. Trust me I will never forget this day forever. Today is the best day ever" she continued. I knew she purposedly said that just because she wanted to make me feel jealous. She didn't know me well. That tricked didn't affect me. This was the first time I feel like to puch on her face very much. "Junyoung. Let's go and have more fun. We are going back tomorrow. So let's have fun all we could"

"Ahh right" he said. He looked at me. He didn't say anything but I knew that he really wanted to have more fun but he couldn't leave me after what I just witnessed right in front of my eyes. I wasn't that immature. They were just holding hands after a hi-5. What could have turned bad right? 

I was a bit annoyed with what she said though. I found a way to make her jealous instead. I slid my hands around Junyoung's neck and tip-toed on my boots. I stared into his eyes and kissed him on his lips. My eyes were closed so I didn't know what was his expression but I knew that he was enjoying it by his lips. I broke the kiss and stood firmly on the snow. I pretended to fix Junyoung's jacket and brushed off the snow on his jacket. "Just go. I trust you" I muttured. 

I glanced at Naeun. She had her arms crossed over her chest and she rolled her eyes as if she was feeling jealous. She didn't have to say it. I could tell.

"Thanks" Junyoung said. "We will have great dinner tonight. Sharp at 8. I promise" he said before he pecked a kiss on my lips. "Let's go" he said to Naeun and walked towards the queue for the chairlift with Naeun. 

I was trailing them when Heechul called my name. I looked to where the voice came from. He was walking towards me. "So what are you going to do now?" he asked.

 "I don't know. I think I want to get more sleep" I said.

"Me too" Heechul added.

"Let's go back to our room" I said.

"Agree" Heechul said. "Ladies first" he added as he stuck out his hand, asking me to walk first.

"Woww. That is very gentleman of you Jung Heechul" I said as I walked towards the entrance door. 

"I know" Heechul said as he catch up with me.

 

------------------

 

I didn't got back to sleep when I reached my room. I flipped through the channels and they were airing Beautiful Creatures. I sat there, at the edge of my bed, in front of the TV and watched it. I brought some Blackforest Chocolate along. I took it out from my bagpack and made it as my movie snack. 

I wasn't really into the movie though. Honestly, I felt at ease and all those anxious, insecure feelings that I had this morning had slowly decrease after I saw Junyoung even though he was with Naeun. When I met him at the bottom of the hill, I've completely forgot all those feelings that I had. And I felt like I was lifted above the ground as if I was about to fly was when I kissed him. I didn't really want to let go off the kiss. I wanted to kiss him for as long as I could at that moment and forget all about the world for a moment but I couldn't because I was too annoyed by Naeun.  

About 3 hours later, I was looking at the veranda when I heard the door opened. It was snowing heavily outside so I guess sooner or later there would be snow storm so any outdoor activities would be closed for the tourists. I glanced to the door and saw Kyuwan walked in with a huge smile on her face. Then I turned my head back to the TV. "Did you have fun?" I asked as I checked at the clock on my phone and it was 6.30pm.

"Of course I did" she cheered. "Today is the best day ever. I will never ever forget what happened today" she said loudly because she was in the bathroom doing her business.

"Oh yeah? What happened?" I responded while my eyes were still glued to the TV. Then I heard the sound of the flusher.

Kyuwan came out from the bathroom while she zipped up her pants. She walked passed in front of me and sat at the edge of her bed. "You wouldn't believe what just happened today"

I turned my body to face her as I brought my knees to my chest and hugged it. She was smiling widely so I guessed it really was her best day. "Tell me" I said as I put a smile on my face.

"So you know, Hyungshik and I went to ski all day right?" she said and I just nodded my head. "I am telling you that he is a very young gentleman. I rode the chairlift with Junyoung and Hyungshik rode after us. So I thought that I would ski with Junyoung but I didn't instead Junyoung went snowboard with Naeun" she continued.

"Oh" I responded when I heard Junyoung went snowboard straight away with Naeun when they reached up the hill. "Then what happened?" I asked, not trying to remind myself about Naeun and Junyoung.

"Okay so the thing is I fell few times as I tried to ski just now because the last time I went to ski was like 2 or 3 years ago. So I was a bit rusty. Hyungshik was standing next to me all the time until I could ski properly again. At first I thought he was going to ditch me but he didn't. Well, he wasn't just standing there, he helped me actually and that was our first skinship contact even though we were wearing gloves. Kyaaaaaa" Kyuwan squealed.

I just laughed to her reaction. I was happy that Kyuwan felt happy. "That is so sweet of him. Then what happened?" I asked.

"Well we get to know each other. He told me about his siblings and about his father's company"

My eyes widened when she mentioned about Hyungshik's father's company. "Is he really rich?" I asked. 

She pouted and shook her head before she continued. "He didn't say anything about that. Well, I am curious too but I didn't want our nice and cool conversation suddenly turned out awkward. I don't want him to think that I am a gold digger so I didn't ask more about his family's wealth"

"Right. I understand" I said as I nodded my head.

 "Do you know the outcome of today?" she asked as she grabbed both of my hands and gripped mine.. She was grinning to her ears. She was that happy.

"What?" I asked.

"He asked me to go out for a movie after school next week" she said.

"Ahhhh" I screamed.

"Ahhhh" she screamed.

We were screaming alternately for the next 3 minutes. We stopped when both of us were out of breath and energy to scream. "That is one golden opportunity Kyuwan. Woww. I'm smelling someone is going to get a new boyfriend soon" I said.

"I know right" she shrugged. Both of us screamed together for the last time before she got up from her bed. "I am so happy and tired at the same time" she said as she headed to the bathroom to get to her business for the second time. "I'm gonna get some sleep after this" she continued.

"You sure need a lot of rest Choi Kyuwan" I said as I turned my body towards the TV again.

"What's your plan tonight?" she asked from inside the bathroom. "I bet you must have one because all you did today was staying in the room"

"I did not just stay in the room. I went out to grab my mocha latte and had a friendly conversation with that mysterious guy Jung Heechul"

"Oh yeah that. Congratulations for getting Jung Heechul to have a conversation with you" she shouted. 

"Thank you" I shouted sarcastically because I knew her statement just now was a sarcasm.

"No. Seriously, what is your plan tonight?" she asked again.

"I have a dinner date with Junyoung at 8" I said.

"About Junyoung" she said. After that I heard the flush sound from the bathroom and the sound of the door creaked open. She stepped out from the bathroom and leaned one side against the wall. She had her arms crossed. "What's up between him and Naeun?" she asked. 

I gulped when she asked that question. I was expecting for that question but I wasn't ready with the answer. "I don't know but they kind of had past relationship" I answered.

"What type of relationship?" she asked.

"Well hmm I don't know" I said. My voice was calm as if I was never concern about the matter when actually it disturbed me so much.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she frowned.

I looked away and took a deep breath. "I really don't know what kind of relationship they had. I asked Junyoung and he said that he will tell me when the right time comes. I am expecting for him to tell me tonight but now I am not sure if I am ready to hear it. I am not sure if I want to know it actually" I said as I brought my knees to my chest again and hugged it. 

"Are you okay?" she asked and she sounded she was concern. I didn't say anything. There was too many things inside my head that I couldn't let it out properly and if I could, I didn't know how. Kyuwan walked towards me and sat beside me. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders and slowly rubbed it to make me feel calm. "I don't want you to break up with Junyoung and I don't want Naeun to be the reason you two broke up. Everything happened in the past. That was a past relationship right? They no longer have relation so whatever he is going to tell you tonight, you have to accept it. I bet Junyoung doesn't want to be remembered with their past relationship either. That is why he didn't want to tell you on the spot. He must have his own reasons" 

I turned my head to look at her. What she said was true though. Everything was in the past. I am his present and maybe his future so I have to protect what is supposed to be mine. The past stays as the past. Nobody can time travel and changes the past. I thought. 

She was smiling and I smiled back to her. "Thanks Kyuwan" I muttured as I hugged her. I felt her arms around me as she hugged me back. 

 

 

I was staring at the snow storm from inside my room. I was looking at the veranda as the snow kept falling and the wind outside was so strong I looked at the clock and it was 8.15pm. Junyoung hadn't call or text me. I was waiting for him to call me so that we could have our dinner together. He wasn't always like this. He always was punctual and this is the first time he delayed something. I unlocked my phone and quickly called his cell phone. It was ringing but no one answered it. What made it worse was the anxious that I had since yesterday's night had become greater. It was a feeling that beyond that anxious. My heart was beating faster than usual. It was an uneasy feeling. I couldn't describe it in words. I was worried if something bad was happening to him. I didn't know how, when,where or why but I could sense it.

Kyuwan was sound asleep on her bed. She was tired from skiing with Hyungshik the whole day. I got up from my bed and walked to the desk to grab the room key. I put on my boots and slowly walked out from the room, not want to wake Kyuwan up.

The boys room was just in front of ours. I took a step forward and knocked on the door. I was a bit stupid to realize that there was actually a door bell attached on the wall. I just sighed and press the door bell. There was no answer. I did it several times to annoy the people inside the room. There was still no answer. I put my fist in the air and before I could knock the door, the door flung open and Jung Heechul's face popped up at the frame door.

"What are you trying to do?" he frowned.

I put down my fist and put a weak smile to him. "Knocking the door" I muttured. "Is Junyoung here?" I asked.

Heechul stared at me and his eyebrow rose. He looked at me with his weird expression. "Why are you asking for Junyoung?"

"He is my boyfriend. What do you expect?" I frowned back.

"No. I mean he hasn't come back. I thought he went straight for your dinner date"

"What do you mean by he hasn't come back?"

"He went snowboard all day from this morning and has not come back"

"Are you kidding me?" I frowned.

"Do I look like I am someone who would make this kind of matter a joke? No idiot. I'm not joking" he said. I could tell that he was worried just like me from his expression.

"Where is he?" I asked, almost turn into a shout.

"How am I supposed to know?" he yelled.

I turned my head to other way as I rested my hand on my waist and wiped my face with another. My eyes were already watering with tears. I was sure that this was what I had anxious about. The missing of Moon Junyoung that had me feeling all anxious for the whole day. My brain couldn't work properly. I could only think of 2 possibilities. First, he was with Son Naeun, making out. Second, he was stuck on the hill in the middle of the snow storm alone. 

I hoped he was with Naeun because at least he was safe.

 

-----------------

 

To be continued...

 

 

~~~~~

Hi author here ^^ So this is Chapter 5. There will be lot more chapters since I've decided to make this story from single POV to two persons POV. Heeee. Actually this is my second story that I write based on POV. Hopefully this story gets a lot of attention just like how other stories had. For those who have read even a little part of this story, THANK YOU VERY MUCH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. But I will love you more if you could subscribe this story. Heeee. Thanks for the supports though. I will try to update new chapter as soon as possible. Love you~~

 

P/s: I've never been to a ski resort actually. This ski resort thingy like the places, how the hill looks like, the lobby and all actually was taken from combination of anime Tora Dora and Korean drama Sassy Girl Chun Hyang. Heeee. I really want to try to ski actually. Wish I could go to any ski resort one day :D