Chapter 1

Worth The Bets

He ruffled his hair and I could clearly see his face was turning red. 'Is he blushing?' I thought. 

"L--Lee Junka" he stuttered. 

Moon Junyoung. The most popular guy in this school. We were in the same batch but we never talk because firstly, we were in different classes and secondly, I never gave a damn about these popular guys. He was popular because he was the lead singer for our school band. The band was named ZEA4U. The other members were Jung Heechul as the bassist, Hwang Kwanghee as the guitarist and Kim Taehun as the drummer. 

So you could say this was the first time I talked to Moon Junyoung. I talked to Heechul several times before because he was in the same class as me and seriously, Jung Heechul was the most arrogant person I've ever met. Just because he thought that he was popular, he asked me to complete all the Chemistry reports by myself. He always gave the excuse that he was busy with band practice when all I could see was he hanging out everyday with his friends. I would considered myself as unlucky because Mr Kevin was the one who decided who will partner with who. I wanted to pair up with my best friend, Choi Kyuwan but the luck wasn't on my side and I have to be partner with this arrogant . I wanted to defend myself so much but I couldn't. I wanted to punch his face so much but I couldn't because if I did, everyone will know my secret. 

My secret? It was nothing big. I was just a street boxer. I joined the illegal boxing tournament they held once every two weeks. Why did I join them? Because of the money. My parents did send me some money but for me, I would feel this satisfaction if I could earn money by myself. I had a very lazy to work but I loved boxing. So I guessed I should earn money by doing what I loved. Plus, the money my parents gave me was never enough. Maybe they thought the expenses living in Jeju was the same as in Seoul but they were wrong. The expenses for me to live in Seoul was a bit higher.

If I win the tournament, I would be rewarded with 2 millions won(Around 2000US Dollar). At least! At least! If there were more spectators the reward would increased and increased and so far, I never lost any tournament I entered and the highest reward I received was around 10 millions won. I was first introduced to this illegal tournament by my friend,Kim Dongjun back in Jeju. My parents didn't know about me joining the tournament until one day I went home, half-conscious even though I won that round. My parents had to send me to the hospital and they forced Dongjun to tell them everything. That was how they find out. They wanted me to stop but I was so rebel so they decided to send me to Seoul alone. What a big mistake they've made for sending me to Seoul.

Because Seoul has bigger illegal boxing tournament compared to Jeju and the reward was even higher.

I lived alone in a small house studio not so far yet not so near to my school. It was situated at highest level in the neighborhood (like Kwon Jihyuk's house in Shut Up Flower Boy Band) Eventhough I lived alone, I never bring any friend home including Kyuwan. I wanted to but I couldn't because of the big punch bag in the middle of my house. There was not enough space for me to hide it. I can't give them any hint that I was a boxer.

I leaned my back on the chair and crossed my arms. Junyoung was still blushing and all he could say was my name. Okay, obviously, I did feel weird how he knew my name. Even Heechul who was my Chemistry lab partner kept pronouncing my name as Jung-ah, so how this popular guy from another class knew my name?

"What do you want?" I asked before taking the banana milk from my table and drank it.

"Well..erm..I know this is going to sound crazy but do you want to be my girlfriend?"he asked. His eyes were staring into mine. 

I was too surprised to hear it that I didn't realized I was drooling the banana milk I drank. "Ahh sorry" I said while I reached for my uniform sleeve to wipe my mouth but Junyoung stopped me by grabbing my hand. He then took out a handkerchief from his pocket and he slowly wiped the banana milk drooled on my chin and my mouth. I was feeling awkward so I took the handkherchief from his hand and thanked him.

Junyoung just put a smile on his face. "So what do you say? Do you want to be my girlfriend?" he asked again.

I turned my gaze to my bestfriend. Kyuwan was watching us from the door frame of the class. She just got back from the toilet and I believed she was surprised to see Junyoung suddenly proposed to me to be his girlfriend. Kyuwan just nodded to me as a sign for me to accept the proposal. Like hell no I was gonna accept the proposal. I never talk to him and did I ever have crush on him? Okay maybe I did but it was just because he was the most good looking in the band if I had to choose. Plus, he dyed his hair red and who would expect that it would make him even more handsome. 

I turned my gaze back to Junyoung. He was looking at me with his puppy eyes. I wanted to say no but his pleading face made it hard for me to utter the words. Instead, I could feel my cheeks started to burn and it was me blushing. I took a deep breath and said, "Let me think about it"

"Why?" he asked. There was a sound of disappointment but at least I didn't reject him in a humiliation way. 

"First of all, I have trust issues. I never talk to you and I don't know anything about you. All I know about you is that your physical and appearance are perfect. I bet there are chocolate abs that is hiding behind your shirt. The other thing is that you are the lead singer of the school band and you are popular. Don't you think it is a bit weird for you to like super ordinary and normal me?" I explained.

Junyoung laughed after he listened to my explanation. I frowned to receive that kind of reaction. I was being serious explaining to him the whole thing and all he could do was laughing? 'Is this sort of prank? Why is he laughing?' I thought.

Suddenly his face turned serious when he stopped laughing. He looked into my eyes. He was looking as if he wanted to dig gold out of my eyes. I didn't know what was he thinking but what I knew was he had lifted his of his chair and he was now leaning closer to me. There was only my desk that kept our distance but still our noses almost touched. We were that closed. He leaned more towards me that made me to turn my face away because I thought he was about to kiss me but he wasn't. He was actually aiming for my left ear.

With his seductive rough voice, he whispered into my ears, "Just call yourself lucky that I have this huge crush on you and I want to live the rest of my life with you" 

My eyes widened and my face has turned red. It was more red than red. I was feeling embarrased with that sudden confession and with everyone in my class watching us. I was speechless and dumbfounded. It was my first time to receive such confession. Suddenly, I could feel his hand gripping on mine while his other hand was holding my neck. With his thumb, he carressed my jaw. His touch felt so gentle and soft. I was drown into his touch and my heart was racing with just his touch. What was wrong with me?

"I am going to kiss you now. If you don't resist, it means you agree to be my girlfriend. Is it okay?" he whispered again. Surprisingly, I just nodded my head. It wouldn't be that bad if it only a kiss on the cheek. I mean a kiss on the cheek? I could still say no to his proposal after that.

He smirked as soon as I nooded my head. He slowly turned his head and our eyes met. I bet he really could see how red my face was. Before he did anything, he just continue to carressed my jaw with his thumb then he kissed me on my lips. No doubt he was a good kisser and I really enjoyed the kiss. I even closed my eyes.

The school bell rang. The recess time was over. Junyoung broke the kiss because he knew that when the school bell rang, it means he had to go back to his class. "You definitely enjoy the kiss and I believe that I am your boyfriend now. I'm going back to my class now. See you after school" he said before he kissed me for the last time on my forehead. 

I was very speechless. I couldn't say anything. I waved him goodbye and trailed him out of the class.

I was spacing out until Kyuwan slapped me on my back, made me came back to reality. "What? What? What happened?" I asked because I was totally clueless and brainless at that moment. I couldn't think properly.

"Don't act stupid Lee Junka. You just kissed Moon Junyoung and officially became his girlfriend" Kyuwan exclaimed. She sounded pissed off because she had to help me remember what happened 2 minutes ago.

"What?! No. I didn't say I want to be his girlfriend" I exclaimed.

"How am I supposed to know? He proposed to you then suddenly he whispered something to you then you were kissing then suddenly you two became boyfriend girlfriend. I was standing at the door and you expect me to listen to what he whispered to you?" Kyuwan exclaimed. I knew she was totally pissed off. "I'm happy for you now that you have a boyfriend. I mean can you imagine. Your boyfriend is the most popular guy in our school......."

I was spacing out again when Kyuwan talked how happy and unbelievable this thing happening to me. I wasn't really spacing out, To bexact, I was trying to remember what did he say that made us boyfriend and girlfriend.

"I am going to kiss you now. If you don't resist it means you agree to be my girlfriend. Is it okay?" That was what he said. I remembered everything now. I let him kiss me and that made us official. I was such an idiot to fall into his kiss just by his touch. Was I longing for the touch so much that I completely became brainless when he touched me?

I couldn't believe how stupid I was, I slammed my head on my desk hard several times before I realized my forehead was forming a bruise. Kyuwan who sat beside me asked, "Are you okay?"

My head was on my desk at that time. I turned my head to look at her. I knew my eyes were watery not because of me becoming Junyoung's girlfriend but because of....... "My first kiss" I said to Kyuwan.

Kyuwan rolled her eyes, feeling disgusted. "Ergghh. Please Lee Junka. You told me that you don't care who your first kiss is as long as he is one of your many crushes. Moon Junyoung is one of your crush" she explained.

I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "Moon Junyoung is not my crush. I don't really have a crush on him just as how much you have a crush on Hyungshik. Moon Junyoung is someone I categorized as someone who I favor to look at. He is good looking. Even better than Park Hyungshik. In my opinion" I explained.

"Like seriously Lee Junka? Why are you suddenly dragging Park Hyungshik in this matter? We are talking about you. Plus, trust me, when you became his girlfriend, eventually you will fall in love with him regardless of what he does. I'm pretty sure that he likes you very much. If he doesn't or for him you are someone he favor to look at too, he wouldn't confess to you but hey, he did confess. What else do you want?" Kyuwan explained.

Well, I had to trust her because if I compared myself to her, she had more experiences than myself. She had a boyfriend before until they broke up last month because her ex found out that she went for a date with Hyungshik.

 

 

I was walking while looking down at the road. The fact that I was Junyoung's girlfriend did not depressed me but the fact how stupid I was to agree to his proposal that made me depressed. Moon Junyoung was the popular guy in our school and I bet there must be any girls that would dislike me because I was his girlfriend. 

As I was walking towards the front gate, suddenly, someone purposely hit me on my shoulder. They didn't apologize to me after they hit me so I guessed they were people who already knew and who couldn't accept it that I became Junyoung's girlfriend. They should call themselves lucky that I kept my strength and my skills as a boxer to myself or I believed they would die in any minute to receive kicks and fists from me. 

I continued my walk. As I was approaching the front gate, I heard someone calling my name and I knew whose voice was that. Moon Junyoung. I looked up to see him waving his hand towards me. He then ran towards me. "I want to run away" I muttured to myself as he came closer to me.  

"Where were you? I was waiting for you" he complained.

I frowned at him. He was already complaining when we were only officially a couple few hours ago. Well, it wasn't me who really want to be his girlfriend though. "I didn't ask for you to wait for me. Stop complaining" I exclaimed, looking at him as if I was disgusted.

"Don't make that face, You are going to make me fall in love with you even more" he said with a smile. My face was turning red when he said that. How can I not blush when he said something like that with that angelic face he has. I looked away while hooking my hair behind my ear. "Oh you have a bruise on your forehead. You didn't have this just now" he said.

I looked up at him and smirked. "Who do you think the cause of this bruise?" I said while pointed on my forehead. He looked at me with an innocent face. He seemed surprised when I said that. He looked like a guilty kitten but manly at the same time. His face was cute. I put a weak smile because I didn't have any intention to make anyone feeling guilty. "I'm just kidding. This is nothing" I added. It really was nothing compare to the cuts and bruises I got during my boxing tournament and practices. I put my hand on my forehead to cover the bruise. 

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer. With his other hand he wrapped it around my waist. He was staring down into my eyes. Yup, he was much taller than me. I was only his shoulders height . He then kissed the bruise on my forehead. He stared back into my eyes and said, "It will get better soon. Promise me not to hurt yourself again okay?" 

I just nodded my head, totally had fallen for his smiles. 

He let go off my back and held my hand, intertwined our fingers. "Your face is turning very red" he chuckled. I was speechless and feeling embarrased at the same time so I just looked away. "You are cute. Come. I'll walk you home" he added.

I nodded my head and followed him as we walked leaving the school area.

 

 

I was very awkward because it was my first time to have a boyfriend. It would be a lie if I said I never want a boyfriend. Of course I want one but after 17 years of being single and I finally had a boyfriend and he was the popluar guy in school, is this even real?

It was a quiet walk. Neither me nor him said anything. To break the silence, I asked him, "Why me?"

Surprised by my sudden question, he looked down at me. His hand was still gripping on mine. Eventhough I tried to let go off his hand, he would never let go off mine.

"What do you mean?" he asked me back. 

I looked at him with an annoyed face. "What do you mean by 'What do you mean'? Of course I was asking why me instead of other girls who are much hotter and prettier than me?" I asked him again and this time I sounded pissed off.

"Ohh" he responded. That was the only word that escaped from his mouth. He wasn't blushing like he did just now. His face showed that he was feelingless. He didn't answer my question and I was too annoyed to ask him again. It was a simple question. I bet it was not that hard to answer. I didn't know why but my heart felt hurt because I could feel that I was being toyed by him.

We were almost reached my house. 'If he doesn't say anything until we get in front of the house gate, I am so gonna kill him' I thought. We reached in front of the gate. "I live here" I said as we stopped walking.

"Ohh. Which house?" he asked.

"Level 3. The highest one" I answered, not looking at him because I was too pissed off.

"Okay then. See you tomorrow" he said and turned his body before he walked away. 

I was totally pissed off. There was an empty can beside my feet. I kicked the can and it hit right on Junyoung's head. I knew it hurt him but that was my intention because I couldn't really kick him. He rubbed behind his head and turned his body towards me. "What was that?" he yelled.

"You idiot!" I shouted. "If I really am your crush, there must be a lot of things that you want to know about me. Just how much I am curious about you"I exclaimed. He stopped rubbing his head and he was looking at me as if he was pissed off now. "I get it now. This is all a prank. Congratulations. You got me. Perhaps I am your first victim. Good luck at hitting on your next victims. Tell your friends that you managed to deceived me. Don't talk to me anymore!" I added. I couldn't control my anger anymore so I walked into the front gate and climbed up the stairs. 

"Yah! Lee Junka!" he shouted. I heard him but I decided to ignore him.

 

 

That night, I just had my shower when I received a phone call from an unknown number. I didn't answer the call. Instead I just stared at the unknown number, wondering whose number could it be. The number called again. I hit the answer button and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I said. 

"Hello. Lee Junka. This is me" the person said on the line. His voice was rough. I guessed I knew who it was but I pretended I didn't.

"Me? Who is me? I don't know anyone name 'me' "I said. Well, it was kinda a joke but it was a bad time to make jokes.

"Moon Junyoung" he answered. "I call because I want to apologize about what happened this evening" he added. He sounded like he was half heartedly apologizing to me. I knew I was wrong too because I hit his head with the can and I shouted at him so I should apologize to him too but hey, he started it.

"You sound like you don't really want to apologize" I replied.

"Look outside" he said.

My eyes widened when he said. I quickly stood up and took the jacket that was hang up on the chair near the front door. Winter will start in any days and the weather already felt cold. I put on my sandals and walked out from the house. I looked down and saw Junyoung in front of the gate. 

"What are you doing?" I shouted.

"It's cold out here. Do you mind if I come up?" he asked with a smile on his face.

I melted with that smile. He was already good looking and when he smiled, it felt like I was in a fantasy world. Although I was a little bit mad with him, I managed a smiled. "No you can't" I said while I shook my head.

"Why?" he asked.

Like hell I would let him enter my house. No one goes in or goes out of the house except me. I suggested him another instead, "The weather feels good tonight. Let's go have a walk. I need to go buy some juice for tomorrow morning anyway. Wait there. I'll come down" Before he could respond to my suggestion, I already went inside to change my sandals to my boots. After I changed, I quickly walked out of the house, locked the door and dashed down the stairs.

"Wow. You are fast" Junyoung said before he landed a kiss on my cheek.

I quickly cupped my cheek because I was surprised by the kiss. I could feel my face turning red without having to check on the mirror. He chuckled to my reaction and that made me feel more embarrassed. I just looked away to avoid any eye contact with him which would made me blush even more. "Let's just go" I said, walking, leaving him behind.

Junyoung have long legs so of course he could catch up with me. "You know. I'm not that really good at expressing words. I really want to know more about you but I don't know how to begin" he explained with his rough seductive voice. I just nodded my head, waiting for him to explain more. "I didn't say anything while I walked you home this evening because I really wished time could stop and I was actually in my own world" he added.

"In your own world?" I frowned. "What do you mean?"

"I always have this kind of imagination walking home with you while holding your hand, going out on a date at the amusement park with you, get marry with you, our nights together and having kids. I like to do those romantic things with you" he explained.

My eyes widened at the part when he said ' nights'. Well, that creeped me out a little but I didn't care that much at that moment because boys, what do you expect? They were not innocent even though they claimed they were innocent. Plus, if he planned to do something weird with me before our marriage, secret or not, I would just knock him down. I just coughed as a response. He chuckled to my response. I knew he knew that I cough because of the ' nights' imagination he said. 

"I--I'm sorry about hitting you on your head" I stuttered. Why was I stuttering? I started to lose my brain and sense everytime he touched me or kissed me. I needed to make myself practice to overcome this stuttering problem. I cleared my throat and added, "I didn't mean to hit you anyway. It was like a sudden quick response you know. The can was there and I was totally annoyed with you and your respond was just 'oh' I mean why--"

I felt someone pulled me back before I could say anything. Only then I realized, I almost get hit by a truck. I was supposed to stop to check if the road was safe to cross but I didn't. All I did was walking while looking down at the road and I was too focus on trying to explain to Junyoung how I felt guilty that I hit his head with an empty can.

I looked up and saw Junyoung was looking down at me. One of his hand was gripping on my wrist and another one he wrapped it around my waist. He hooked my hair that block my face to the back of my ear while his other hand was still around my waist. "Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded and again, I was blushing by the hug. My heart was racing. It wasn't because of I almost got hit by a truck but because of he was hugging me. The fact that he just saved my life added the reason for me to fall in love with him.

I tried to let go off the hug. "I--I think we should--"

He cut my words before I could finish it. "This is when I wish that time could stop so that I can hug for as long as I want. Plus, don't you feel warmer? You are wearing thin jacket and I bet you are feeling cold" he smiled. I managed to put a smile on my face and nodded my head.

I wished time could stop too.

------------------

To be continued...

~~~~~

It's a new story from me ^^ Hehehehe I decided to write ZE:A story this time because I kind of miss them. Heee. I hope you enjoy reading this and I hope you look forward to what will happen to them next. Feel free to read, subscribe, upvotes and leave comments :) Spread the love of ZE:A <3