Wanna Get Out Tonight

Two moons

Kris walked around on the empty streets. A sudden cold breeze made him stick his long elegant hands inside his pockets as he walked by a shop with watches on display. He smiled when he saw one of the men's watches that were from his dads new collection. Kris wasn't that kind of person that would barg about his parents work and money, but he did appreciate the fact that they didn't have to think much about money. Being a wizard sure had its good sides, but you couldn't really make a fortune on it. That's why he didn't mind much when his parents got a modeling job for him, thanks to their friend that designed male clothes. Kris took up his left hand from the comfortable and warm pocket to check on his watch and muttered "Two ours of my life that I never will get back," and signed. Kris knew that the blind date that Lay had set up for him was a really bad idea to start with since Kris wasn't interested in having a relationship with anyone at the moment. And if that wasn't enough, Kris also had feelings for someone else.

Kris turned to left when he saw the familiarly red-brown brick building where he knew that Lay worked at when he didn't study. 'Just for experience' he remembered him saying when he asked why he were working at a dog kennel if he wanted to become an animal doctor, as Kris preferred to call it. After all, he was animal ranger so he could take care of any kind of animal and just like Kris himself, heal any easier injury just by touching it. Why won't you also become a veterinary? a little voice whispered in side Kris head and he immediately shaked his head to keep it quiet. You have the powers too. it said. Are you afraid of letting your parents down? it kept asking Kris and made him frustrated. No! He screamed inside his head. "I'm not good at animals like Lay" he said weak out loud. Liar it whispered back. You're just- it begun but Kris shut the voice inside his head before it could finish the sentence. Kris looked up from the ground from where he had kept his eyes fixed on when he had his short inner conversation with himself. He stood near a dark valley which he and his friends usually had took when they where in preschool and in a hurry home. Kris shivered a little when he looked at the short cut and felt a shill down his spine, but ignored the creepy feeling it gave him and began to walk into the dark valley. 
After walking some meters Kris suddenly stopped in his trail. Kris looked at the figure that were standing next to big and black plastic bag and with his back facing Kris. Kris gulped and his body froze in... Fear? He had never before felt this strong and natural urge to run away before as he did right now. The thing before him had its face covered with a scarf and Kris could immediately say that it wasn't a demon. It wasn't the fact that this creature had normal human clothes and black hair, and not white which was one of the biggest trademarks for a demon. It was the aura that all wizards and demons could feel when they where close to each other that usually felt like cold maze. But this 'thing's' aura just felt really wrong. Kris backed away from the alley. He never felt scared when he was in front of demons, even when he was alone or when he and his group where outnumbered. It was like feel the taste of blood and the smell of ferocity, that made him wanting to move away from this shadow that whispered about an upcoming fight for life. Kris backed as fast as he could without making a sound, and let out a shaky sigh when he reached a street lamp and stood still in its bright light. He could nearly feel the safety barrier only a block away and he sprinted the last piece and felt a blanket of calmness infuse him when he opened the door to his home. Full of hopes that he would now be safe from whatever he just had seen.

 

A/N: First chapter up~  Hope you enjoyed it!