VIII: Agile

Nocturne Academy
"That's all for tonight," Hin wipes her sweat with the white towel. She puts the towel on the table and turns to look at the others. "Thank you for your cooperation. We will continue again tomorrow."
 
A week has passed since their first performance as a group. That night they were announced as the winner over Joon's group, gaining the amazing reviews from Mr Song as the headmaster and the other important persons from music labels.
 
After that, as if it was nothing special, Hin told them about their second performance. They are free to pick a song to be performed two weeks after the first performance but they must pick a song which is originally a duet song.
 
As for now, Hin has divided their parts. Hin wants each of them to show off their own skills within the song. They have been training for four nights now and there is nothing happened between them, except the fact that Hin never spent times with them unless for training session due to her works as President of NASCA.
 
One by one of them leaves the training room while Hin is checking all facilities, making sure that there is nothing wrong after they used the room. She notices that both Yoseob and Gikwang haven't left the room but she ignores them until she is finished with the rechecking.
 
"Can I help you two?" Hin finally speaks up to break the silence between three of them. She knows for sure that they want to talk about something, especially because Gikwang can read her mind since Yonghwa is not here to block her mind from being read by him.
 
"You're thinking about your Vice-President during the training," Gikwang sounds annoyed. He is really annoyed by the fact that he can read her mind and she keeps thinking about Joon. "Why?"
 
Hin closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, "It's nothing. After all, he is a part of my team. I will do my work as a professional. I think I've warned you beforehand."
 
"Well, I want to talk about Lee Joon as well," Yoseob chirps in with hesitation. Somehow he can feel the tension which is coming from Gikwang; to be exact, Gikwang is staring at him now. "I think he is suspicious."
 
"Because of my close relationship with Hin?"
 
Joon has been listening to their conversation after Junho left the training room. He was hiding in the darkness, trying to listen to their conversation. He is quite sure that Hin's group will ask about him even more now.
 
"Don't waste your time with trying to read my mind, Lee Gikwang," he chuckles, walking pass Gikwang to approach Hin. He stops his step once he is standing right behind Hin. "You can't read my mind."
 
Joon wraps his left arm around Hin's slender waist while his right hand cups Hin's left cheek. He starts to kiss her neck with small kisses, having the lust in his eyes, which is kind of unusual since he always put a calm expression on his face.
 
"Joon, not here," Hin mutters calmly without bothering to change her expression. But deep inside she is feeling uneasy with the situation because Yoseob and Gikwan are still with them.
 
"I miss you," Joon keeps kissing her neck. His kisses are more passionate and rough now since his lust is taking control of him. "You know it's really hard to stay too far from you for more than two weeks."
 
They rarely met within the last two weeks because of the routinity of preparation for the performance. Hin also had hectic schedule as the President of NASCA while Joon had another responsibility as a Vice-President in order to help Hin with her tasks.
 
All of a sudden, Yoseob pulls Hin's hand, dragging her away from Joon's grip. His instinct is telling him that Joon is dangerous and he is going to hurt Hin if he doesn't take her away.
 
And Yoseob is right.
 
Joon's sharp fangs have appeared. His eyes show his lust of the blood. Hin's blood. He wants to taste her blood and Yoseoob just took her away from him.
 
"Y-you're a vampire...," Yoseob stammers, surprised with the fact that he just found out. But he embraces Hin even tighter now; he is going to bite her, taking away her blood as his prey, right?
 
"It's alright," Hin pushes Yoseob's chest slowly, making a distance with the freshman because they're getting too close. "He is not going to kill me. It's a rule in Nocturne Academy."
 
But it's not what Yoseob is thinking right now.
 
"I called up a human and a vampire as well last year."
 
Mr Song's words during the opening ceremony are echoing in his mind.
 
"Last year I called Hin and Joon up to the podium."
 
Since Joon is the vampire, then it means Hin is...
 
"She is a human," Gikwang blurts out without a smile. He doesn't even bother to hide his annoyance expression. He is completely annoyed by Joon's presence.
 
He can't read the thought of vampires since they share same complexity in their bodies. And from how Hin reacted towards Joon's gesture, Gikwang knows that Hin is experienced with that situation. The situation where Joon almost drink her blood.
 
Yoseob's eyes widen with shock. He never expected that Hin is a human because she has the charisma of something exceeds ordinary human's logical brain. Yoseob thought she was something more than an ordinary human.
 
"I thought drinking the blood of President of NASCA is forbidden by the rules," Gikwang says sarcastically. He has been warned by Hin before when he was out of his control because of the lust over Hin's delicious scent. "Vice-President of NASCA is not an exception for the rule, isn't it?"
 
"No, of course there is no exception," Joon touches his bottom lip with his middle finger as his fangs disappear. "But you can't count it as breaking rule attempt."
 
He looks at Hin with a smirk, "Because I drink the blood of my own girlfriend. The one who volunteers herself to have her blood drunk by me."
 
"What?" both Yoseob and Gikwang can't control their shocked expression. Even though Gikwang always can manage to stay cool through many situations, this one is completely a big surprise for him.
 
Hin doesn't react. She is trying her best to not think of anything since she knows that Gikwang can read her mind and she doesn't want to add any misery in her life right now.
 
"Well, I guess we need our own room. Hin's blood is really tempting, you know," Joon winks at Gikwang, trying to make him jealous that he can taste the blood of the most influential student in Nocturne Academy.
 
He approaches Hin to take her hand so they can leave the training room. Joon wants Hin more now since he is trying to surpress his annoyance towards Yoseob. He can't attack Yoseob due to the rule between students in Nocturne Academy.
 
Hin notices the movement behind her; Yoseob is going to stand up for her. She quickly stretches out her right hand to block Yoseob in silence as her gaze locks on Joon, "I'm staying here."
 
Joon frowns. His smile has disappeared from his face. This is the first time Hin refused to go with him when she knows for sure that he needs her now. He needs to drink her blood.
 
"I need to talk with them about our performance next week," Hin continues without hesitation. "I think Jieun is in our secretariat. She will accept to let you drink her blood for sure."
 
Gikwang doesn't move his eyes from Joon. He knows now why he dislikes Joon; Joon has the scent of Hin somehow and it is disturbing him because the scent of a vampire is mixing with Hin's tempting scent.
 
There were seconds of silence between them before finally Joon speaks out, "We will talk later, Hin."
 
He gives a deadly glare to Yoseob but he manages to give him a charming smirk. He turns around and leaves the training room, heading to NASCA secretariat to find Jieun; he needs blood to keep him calm down.
 
"You're lying," Gikwang mutters with monotone. He crosses his arms and leans to the wall, examining Hin's expresionless face. "There is nothing we need to talk about."
 
Hin looked at Gikwang in silence before she turns to look at Yoseob. Yoseob is controlling his uncontrollable heartbeat; he is scared of Joon. He is an ordinary human and Joon was giving him the deadly glare of a vampire.
 
"Thank you."
 
Yoseob blinks. Did he just hear Hin said thank you to him?
 
Even Gikwang is trying to focus on his hearing now but he doesn't need to do that. He can read Hin's mind and she is thinking that Yoseob is really nice to help her from Joon.
 
"But I think you two need to be more careful," Hin closes her eyes, trying to block her mind once again from Gikwang. "Joon has marked both of you as his enemy."
 
Hin opens her eyes again, looking at both of them with serious expression, "You have the warning beforehand."
 
##########
 
Glossary #8
Agile: swiftly