XV: Restez

Nocturne Academy
"We're done for tonight," Hin states. She takes her towel to wipe her sweat. Her group just trained once again for their performance this week, the performance that will decide which group will gain more credits for better performance.
 
Both Eunjung and Junho feel something is unusual about Hin. After the conversation she had with Yunho and Suji last night at the academy auditorium, Hin draws more attention from students.
 
It's the first time students saw her acted really cold towards someone, not to mention that Yunho is her predecessor as President of NASCA. Hin left the party without even greeted Mr Song, making the rumor about her to spread around on tonight's classes.
 
Yoseob, in the other hand, has thought about the possible relationship Hin has with Yunho and Suji. He is really curious about why Hin acts really different in front of them.
 
Based on his research, Yunho is indeed the previous President of NASCA before Hin. He hold the position for three years before it went to Hin and he left to German with Suji for student exchanges two months ago.
 
They left right after Hin was elected as current President of NASCA. Now they have returned to continue their last year as students of Special Dual Degree Program in Nocturne Academy.
 
Unlike Hin and Joon who doesn't reveal too much about their personal information, Yoseob could find Yunho's and Suji's personal details easily from the other students, especially his seniors.
 
Actually Yoseob didn't even need to search for the information because now the rumor between all the students has told them all.
 
Yunho and Hin were in a relationship during Hin's first year in Nocturne Academy. They met on the first showcase to determine candidates for department representatives and major representatives because Hin was one of the best students in entrance examination last year with Joon; the same way Yoseob and Gikwang performed together with Hin.
 
Last year, Yunho was the one who trained Hin during the whole year for becoming a special representative for Special Dual Degree Program while Joon was trained under Suji. Rumor said that Yunho and Hin dated for at least six months.
 
The reason why the representatives of NASCA joined the evaluation of representatives candidates is based on Hin's experience; she doesn't want to use the system where one representative of NASCA to be in charge for some representatives candidates.
 
The reason of their broke up is unknown till this moment. Some said Yunho broke up with Hin because their races; Yunho is an Elf and he is an old friend of Yonghwa. Other said Hin broke up with Yunho because she chose Joon over him.
 
Gikwang read Hin's mind when they're training and even though Hin has tried her best not to think about Yunho, in the corner of her mind, Yunho fills it. Hin has a really good mind controlling yet she can't help to get Yunho out of her mind.
 
This way Gikwang knows that Yunho is indeed someone special for Hin; she never thought of someone else this much before and Gikwang knows it.
 
For a reason, Gikwang doesn't feel the hatred feeling he has for Joon when he looks at Yunho. Or probably he just never felt any rivalry atmosphere from the Elves; both Yunho and Yonghwa.
 
His intuition tells him that he needs to be aware of Suji, not Yunho. For an unknown reason, Suji made him felt intimidated when their eyes met.
 
Still, he doesn't know what Suji is. He found out that Yunho is an Elf easily but about Suji's profile, there are three possible chances: she is a mermaid, she is a vampire, or she is a human.
 
Hin turns around and examines her groupmates' expression. She knows about the rumors yet she doesn't want to bring it up for any reason.
 
Yunho's presence in Nocturne Academy has made her life feel worse than before. Not only she needs to think about the way out for her parents to escape from Joon, now she needs to avoid Yunho with every chance she has.
 
Speaking of the devil, when Hin is going to tell her groupmates to ignore the rumor, Yunho steps in the training room with a gentle smile.
 
"Good night," Yunho closes the door behind him and flashes a smile to Eunjung and Junho. "I think you have finished your training. Is it alright for me to interrupt you for a while?"
 
"We're leaving," Hin says coldy. Eunjung exchanges looks with Junho and both of them bow slightly to Yunho, leaving the dance pratice room in silence. While Yoseob and Gikwang stand still on their place, wondering about what will happen between Hin and Yunho.
 
Gikwang scoffs; he hates the fact that he can't read Hin's mind when Yonghwa is around. Now he can't read it as well wehen Yunho is with Hin.
 
"I can see you change the rule, Hin," Yunho opens up the conversation. Even though he looks directly at Hin, the girl looks away and avoids his eyes.
 
"Yang Yoseob and Lee Gikwang, right?" Yunho turns to them. "A human and a vampire. You two are indeed an unique combination."
 
"What makes you so special?" Gikwang blurts out with the sarcasm. Yoseob turns to look at him while Hin takes a quick glance at him. "Is it true that you were in a relationship with her before she became the President of NASCA?"
 
"Ah, the rumor spreads fast," Yunho chuckles, having a curve on his lips. "The rumor is partly true. I didn't break up with her, just so you know. I still love her actually."
 
"Stop," Hin hisses. She closes her eyes, taking a deep breathe. She doesn't want to hear the word from Yunho. She had it before and she doesn't want to believe it anymore.
 
"And she didn't break up with me too," Yunho continues as if he didn't hear Hin. "None of us ever mentioned the 'break up' word as long as I remember."
 
Yoseob's heart sinks immediately. Since what happened at the maze, when Hin planted a mark on his neck, Yoseob actually felt that he had a chance to be with Hin.
 
He is in love with Hin but he doesn't brave enough to confess to Hin, especially because Hin builds the wall around her. Joon will never let Yoseob to come closer to Hin anyway.
 
When Yoseob realized that Hin gave the mark just so Yoseob would not fall for Skuld's illusion, he knew that Hin doesn't have any special feeling towards him. And now he knows why.
 
If none of them never asked for a break up, doesn't it mean they haven't broke up yet? Yoseob thought to himself.
 
And why doesn't Joon do anything if it's true? Gikwang can't help himself to think about this mysterious issue.
 
"You could help my parents, Yunho, but you didn't and you won't," Hin clenches her fists. "You abandoned my parents."
 
"I sacrificed Taemin's life for you, Hin," Yunho replies with sad eyes. He doesn't want to tell her the truth but somewhere along the line, he knows that Hin knows it. "I must chose between you and your parents."
 
"You had your choices and you have the warning beforehand," Hin mutters calmly, keeping her calm image. "And you chose to kill."
 
Hin walks to the door with no change in expression. She stops her step and says with monotone.
 
"That day everything has been settled. I can't stay with you. Our ways are different. Nothing remains for us."
 
##########
 
Glossary #15
Restez (Fr): stay