XIV: Etwas

Nocturne Academy
Hin, Yoseob, and Gikwang are teleported back to the academy building, right in front of NASCA secretariat room. Since the room has been protected by magic again, any form of magic is not allowed in the room.
 
Hin reaches her hand out to open the door but someone else has opened the door from inside. Joon and Jieun are going to leave for the party at academy auditorium.
 
"You made it, Hin," Joon smiles. He has surpressed his lust over blood because he just drank Jieun's blood, making Jieun to look paler than usual but she can manage it better than Hin somehow. "I think you will attend the party, right?"
 
Yoseob takes a glance at Hin but he can't predict what Hin is thinking about. In the other hand, Gikwang read her mind perfectly since Yonghwa is not around. And he knows that Hin is thinking about Yonghwa now. She is worrying about him.
 
"Yes," Hin answers calmly, keeping herself as calm as possible. Despite the fact that she doesn't want to meet Mr Song, she knows she has a reputation to protect as President of NASCA. She is not going to let someone, not even Mr Song, to ruin her life.
 
Her dark history has been revealed in front of Yoseob and Gikwang. Even though she doesn't want to oppose someone, Hin has a strong will. This one trait of her is one of the reasons why Hin was a strong nominee as President of NASCA.
 
Her parents are still under Joon's control. As much as she wants to protect her parents, she is trying to find the way to break her negotiation with Joon. That's why she agreed to be the President of NASCA. Because she believes she will find a way out of this bloody negotiation.
 
"Then let's go now," Joon smiles while Jieun closes the door behind them. "I think Mr Song has finished his speech. He will be happy to see you at the party."
 
Without any word, Hin turns around and walks to the academy auditorium. Joon smirks, thinking that the party will be really interesting. He follows Hin as the others follow him steps.
 
Hin opens the door to the academy auditorium, making all guests to turn around and look at her. Some of them bow to her, some of them smile to her, and some of them whisper to each other when they see Hin.
 
She looks around to find Mr Song but he is nowhere to be found. There are teachers who are talking to students while they enjoy the food that has been prepared for the party.
 
Her eyes stop at the crowd near the podium. There are at least two dozens students gathering around two figures. One of them is wearing black suit and the other one is wearing a black dress.
 
"It's been two months! How's German?" one of the male students from Special Dual Degree Program asks them. "Are you going to continue here again?"
 
"Yes, we will," the male answers with a charming smile, making the female students to be dazzled. He takes a sip of his drink, "It will be fun to study together with all of you again."
 
"Who are they?" Yoseob frowns, looking at the two persons who gain the attention. He never saw them before. "Are they students here?"
 
Before someone can answer his question, the male recognizes Hin in the middle of the crowd. He stands up quickly, walking through the crowd to approach the girl.
 
But Hin quickly turns around, trying to avoid him. She steps away without looking back, thinking to get out from the auditorium as fast as possible. Unfortunately, he is faster than Hin. He grabs her wrist tight but gentle, forcing her to stop.
 
"Hin," he mutters her name softly, smiling with sad eyes. He is sad with the fact that Hin is avoiding him. Especially because he knows what her reason is. "I'm back."
 
Yoseob rushes to their side with quick steps while Gikwang walks calmly. He notices that the mysterious girl who gained the attention also leave the students to approach Hin.
 
The male lifts up Hin's hand and kiss it, closing his eyes to feel Hin's soft skin. He misses her so much in the last two months where he needed to go to German for internship.
 
"Don't you miss us?" the girl crosses her arms together, walking with confidence. She chuckles when Hin gives her a straight face. "How's NASCA under your leadership? Mr Song said that you probably couldn't attend the party tonight."
 
"If I knew this party is held to welcome you back, I'd rather stay at the secretariat tonight," Hin says with monotone. They are the least person she wants to meet right now.
 
Right when Gikwang wants to complaint about why he can't read Hin's mind, Yonghwa opens the door calmly. Hin turns around to look at him, feeling relieved that he is alright. Yonghwa bows to Hin slightly before his gaze fix on the young male in front of Hin.
 
"It's been a while, Yunho," Yonghwa greets him without a smile. He looks at the girl and greets her as well, "I thought you love German, Suji."
 
"You look good, Yonghwa," Yunho releases Hin's hand, smiling to Yonghwa. "It feels like we're back to the old times. I miss NASCA, you know."
 
"Well, two months changed a lot of things. Who are these handsome guys? I saw you came with them, Hin," Suji gives a quick glance at Yoseob and Gikwang. "Is one of them your-"
 
"They are the best students from entrance examination," Hin cuts in quickly, trying her best to avoid eye contact with Yunho. "And they have nothing to do with you two."
 
"Hin," Yunho sighs, looking at Hin. "How long will you stay like this? You can't stay mad at me forever."
 
"I believe you need to introduce yourselves to Yang Yoseob and Lee Gikwang," Yonghwa interrupts, knowing that Hin doesn't want to talk with Yunho and Suji. "I'm sure they don't know who you are since you two left before they started their study."
 
"Ah, forgive me," Yunho mumbles politely. "I was too happy to see Hin again. My name is Jung Yunho. I am the third President of NASCA. It's my pleasure to meet you two."
 
"My name is Bae Suji. I'm the third Vice-President of NASCA. We worked with Yonghwa before as the representatives of NASCA last year," Suji introduces herself. "I will be waiting for your performance with Hin, Yoseob, Gikwang."
 
Yoseob blinks in confusion. He knows now why students gathered around with them before but he doesn't understand why Hin is avoiding them. It's the first time he finds Hin is really harsh on words.
 
"Hin, let's enjoy the party toni-" Yunho is going to take her hand and lead her to take some drinks but Hin steps backwards, giving him cold eyes.
 
"I'm not going to let you come near me," Hin speaks with a serious expression. "I have warned you beforehand, Jung Yunho."
 
##########
 
Glossary #14
Etwas (Germany): somewhat