XXI: Finale

Nocturne Academy
"Song Heuk, Kraken, is sentenced for life imprisonment in Hell Island for attempted murder of Ryu Hin, President of Nocturne Academy Student Council Association, during his time as Headmaster of Nocturne Academy."
 
"Have you read the news?" students are discussing the headline of the newspaper, whispering to each other. "Mr Song tried to kill Ryu Hin!"
 
"Ah, I've heard that she is a vampire now! Lee Gikwang turned her into a vampire! I didn't know they have such a relationship!" Another student says out loud. "Everything happened in Time Tower!"
 
"They said Lee Jieun is Mr Song's daughter. Did you know Mr Song is Song Minah's husband?" the other girl states. "He is a Kraken. Imagine that!"
 
"Not only that, Lee Joon had her parents as hostage. Rumor said that Ryu Hin's parents were the mastermind of the mysterious incident in Shadow Forest," a boy tells his friends briefly. "Looks like everyone targetted this human girl, eh?"
 
As if she doesn't hear anything, Hin walks pass all the students, gaining the attention from all of them. The whispers stop as she walks in silence, heading to the secretariat of NASCA to meet the others.
 
Yesterday Hin spent her whole day to be interrogated by Ministry of Law. They asked the Norns for showing them the past, knowing they were in the maze. They saw by themselves what happened in the Time Tower, how Hin and the others almost got killed by Mr Song, Jieun, and Yunho.
 
Everything is still perfectly clear in her mind. Everything which happened at the night when she finally discovered the whole truth.
 
How she almost lost her life because of a revenge. Hin knew nothing that her parents were the one who worked behind the incident in Shadow Forest. Hin didn't expect her life in Nocturne Academy had been arranged by Mr Song just so she would be suffering slowly but sure.
 
Mr Song wanted to make Hin believed that Yunho loved her truly, to make Hin sure that she was loved by everyone, to let her trust Jieun, just to kill her in the end.


 
"You're just lucky, Hin. You know that."
 
Mr Song's words echo in her head as she is checking the new documents of the applicants for new representatives of NASCA; she needs two new representatives to accompany her for the rest of her period as President of NASCA.
 
Joon is suspended from school until his punishment is decided for keeping Hin's parents as hostage while Jieun will accompany her father for life imprisonment for attempting a murder.
 
Hin was really lucky that night. She was already hopeless because she was no match for Mr Song; he's an experienced and strong creature while Hin just a girl who just turned into a vampire not long ago.
 
She tried her best to survive as long as possible but it was nearly impossible. She was wounded real bad that she was sure it would be her last night to live.
 
Hin has lived her past years with endless anxiety, knowing her parents were kept as hostage by the one who was once her best childhood friend. But she worked as President of NASCA with her greatest responsibility; she learned how to work in team and achieve her dream as a musician.
 
She loves music and this is the only reason for her to stay in Nocturne Academy till this moment.
 
And that was the reason she kept standing up again and again when Mr Song knocked her down. Hin was already covered with blood and the same happened to Gikwang and Yonghwa.
 
Like what Mr Song said when he got arrested, Hin was just lucky.
 
Eunjung, Junho, and Mir were worrying about them. They were wondering about where Hin, Yoseob, and Gikwang at that night because they wanted to talk about their performance. Being the paranoid one, Eunjung insisted to look for them.
 
Junho reported this case to his uncle, the Minister of Law, without bothering to report it to the teachers first. He thought it was emergency and his action was right.
 
Ministry of Law tried to detect their locations but they couldn't locate it. The teachers were dumbfounded that night to find the Minister of Law visiting their school. Reluctantly Mrs Kim told him that Mr Song was in his office, the Clock Tower.
 
The Magic Army, the special well trained soldiers of the Ministry, immediately attacked Mr Song once they arrived at the top of Clock Tower. Not preparing for the interruption from Ministry, Mr Song failed to have his revenge.
 
Three of them lost too much blood that they couldn't even stand up properly. Mir was the one who saved them with his power; it was a good thing that he is a Phoenix.
 
Things happened really fast. Too fast that Hin could even imagine. She was just relieved that eveything had turned alright now.
 
"Hin," Yonghwa enters the secretariat and hands over new documents. "I recommend Jang Hyunseung as the new secretary. He has quite good reputation. As for the Vice-President, I-"
 
"You will be the new Vice-President," Hin cuts his words without hesitation. "I need someone that I can trust with no doubt as my partner."
 
Yonghwa stares at Hin for seconds and then bows in ninety degrees, "It's my pleasure, Hin."
 
 
 
"Ryu Hin's parents will be taken care in Light Asylum for the treatment after being trapped in dungeon for more than five years."
 
Yoseob sighs heavily after Mr Kang's class is dismissed. He takes a glance at Gikwang, who is obviously ignoring him. After what happened that night, they act as if nothing happened.
 
While the whole school is talking about them, they ignore the spreading news. Even though the school doesn't have headmaster as for now, the routinity keeps rolling on but the whole performance stuff must wait until they have a new headmaster who will be announced next week.
 
The most possible person who will be the new headmaster is Mrs Kim but she will go through the Ministry of Law first before acknowledged as the new headmaster.
 
Gikwang has lost his interest in Hin since she is a vampire now. For their good, her father is not sane enough to talk with Hin, meaning Gikwang will face the possibility of being targetted by her father regarding he's the one who turned his daughter into a vampire if Hin can't explain it good enough.
 
Meanwhile Yoseob has been trying to talk with Hin but she is too busy to spend her times with Yoseob. More likely she is avoiding Yoseob the whole time.
 
After a week passed, Yoseob is closer to Eunjung, Junho, and Mir now that they share same interests in music. He is glad that he has new friends now, unlike Gikwang who is enjoying his life as anti-social as usual.
 
Yoseob wanders around the academy building, heading to the gate of the maze. He sits in front of the gate, staring at the gate.
 
"What are you doing here?" Hin asks him in monotone. She saw Yoseob walked to the maze and she was worried if Yoseob was thinking of another reckless act again.
 
"Hin!" Yoseob stands up immediately and a smile blossoms on his face.
 
Hin takes a step backward and the smile on Yoseob's face flatters. She closes her eyes calmly, "I wish you good luck for the upcoming test of becoming the major representative."
 
"Why are you avoiding me?" Yoseob blurts out his question. He has been waiting for Hin to talk to him, to find him, to say something to him.


 
"Be a reason for me to return here."
 
Hin's words encouraged him to stay still even after the whole dangerous things which involved him.
 
"Isn't it obvious? You are ordinary human and I'm a vampire now. Why can't you seek for safety instead of danger?" Hin sighs. "You are brilliant, Yoseob. Don't make yourself in danger."
 
Hin is still in the progress of getting used to her new ability as vampire. She is worried that she will hurt someone innocent if she can't control her new self so she avoids everyone except Yonghwa and Gikwang.
 
She doesn't want to hurt anyone especially Yoseob.
 
Yoseob had put his life in danger because of her. He defended her, trying to protect her despite the fact that he has no power at all.
 
"Isn't no one treated the same in Nocturne Academy?" Yoseob clenches his fists. "No matter if you are a vampire, a human, or an Elf, we are treated equally."
 
Yoseob takes a step closer to Hin and smiles to her, "Besides I'm going to apply as representative of NASCA next year so you must wait for me."
 
He lands a quick kiss on her forehead, grinning widely. Hin doesn't blush but she must admit that Yoseob makes her speechless.
 
"You have the warning beforehand," Hin turns around, heading back to the secretariat.
 
Yoseob smiles and follows Hin.
 
His journey in Nocturne Academy is far from an end. He promises himself he will enhance himself in NASCA and achieve his dream in music.
 
Hin dedicates herself to change NASCA to be a better student community.

Yonghwa swears his loyalty for Hin not only as representative of NASCA but also as her guardian

Gikwang is thinking about taking a chance to help his father to seek the truce between Vampire Hunter Guild and vampire race.
 
Each of them is searching for their own paths.

 
 
"Welcome to Nocturne Academy, the only night musical academy in South Korea."
 
 
"Can we help you?"



##########

Glossary #21
Finale: the final movement of a sonata, symphony, or concerto