XVI: Wenig

Nocturne Academy
Yoseob stands in front of the gate to the maze, the one where he trapped along with Hin, Gikwang, and the other representatives of NASCA before.
 
He remembers it perfectly that they can find the maze at the south side of the academy, near the lake. And here he is now, ready to step inside the maze until he finds that the gate is locked.
 
The last conversation he heard between Hin and Yunho makes him really curious. About who Taemin is, about what happened between them, and whether it's true that they are lovers or not. So right after tonight's classes, he sneaks out to visit the maze.
 
Yoseob looks at the gate, tilting his head to figure out the way to enter the gate without getting caught by the school staffs.
 
"You're really a fool, Yang Yoseob," a familiar voice hisses.
 
Yoseob turns around and sees Gikwang is standing near the lake. He is crossing both of his arms, looking at Yoseob with an arrogant smirk. He takes steps closer to him, "I read your mind. I knew you would come here."
 
He feels extremely stupid now. He almost forgot about Gikwang who listened through the conversation as well and he's sure that Gikwang wanted to know about the truth behind Hin and Yunho too.
 
"I don't have any interest to read your mind all the way," Gikwang scoffs and walks closer to the gate, "so you better try to control your thought. It's not like I'm happy to read your mind."
 
Yoseob sighs heavily, following Gikwang's steps. Gikwang puts his hand to hold the gate and suddenly the gate shakes, opening itself with invinsible power.
 
"Ah, the gate consumes magic," Yoseob murmurs, looking the gate with amazed expression. He remembers that Hin has told them that this maze is really sensitive about power.
 
Both of them step inside the maze as the gate closes behind them, trapping them in the magic maze.
 
Yoseob takes off his ribbon and circles it around his wrist, the gesture Hin did before to differentiate between illusion and reality.
 
"Do you have an idea where to go?" Gikwang mumbles coldly. He looks around but there is nothing to find.
 
"The Norns," Yoseob answers without doubt. "They must know about Hin's past. We need to find them."
 
Gikwang can't give a better idea than that. Yoseob is right; The Norns are the only one who can tell them about Hin's past. Hin will never tell them about her past.
 
"Don't touch the grass," Yoseob warns Gikwang when he wants to touch the green wall of the maze. "Something is not right. There is someone here."
 
"Ah, Yang Yoseob is smart," a girl steps out from her hiding. She smiles mysteriously at them. "You have a wonderful intuition. My applause for you."
 
"Bae Suji," Gikwang murmurs, looking at her with caution. He doesn't like this girl and he still doesn't know why. But one thing for sure, this girl is not a human.
 
"I saw you two head this way, just in case you're curious why I wait for you here," Suji chuckles with amusement. "Yunho told me that you two were there when he talked with Hin last night."
 
She steps closer to Yoseob, reaching out her hand to touch Yoseob's finger, "You know, I can tell you. You don't need to risk yourself in this maze."
 
Yoseob shivers because of her cold fingers. He immediately steps backwards as he notices what Suji is.
 
"You're Valkyrie...," Yoseob murmurs with disbelief. Gikwang turns to him with wide eyes; he doesn't believe it either.
 
"It's a surprise you recognize me this soon," Suji smiles as she touches her lips with her finger. "You are indeed a special human."
 
Valkyrie is the race who takes chosen soul to the afterlife. They are really loyal and strong; don't be deceived by their beauty. The case here is Valkyries are really rare due to the fact that they have vowed to protect Nocturne Academy in shadows.
 
"Now, shall we move on to see the Norns then?" Suji turns around and walks ahead. "I know the way here. I am the one who helped Mr Song to create this maze anyway."
 
After seconds of hesitation, Gikwang walks pass Yoseob, following Suji in silence. Yoseob steps forward, knowing that he doesn't have another choice either.
 
They walk in silence, turning left and right with Suji's guidance until they find the empty field they visited before.
 
But there is a girl standing in the middle of the empty field. She takes off her glasses and looks at three of them with cold eyes.
 
"Jieun, what a surprise to see you here," Suji greets her calmly. But in fact the warning alarm rings in her head when she sees Jieun is in the maze. "What bring you here, little mermaid?"
 
"Yang Yoseob and Lee Gikwang are forbidden from this area," Jieun explains briefly, piercing them with her sharp eyes. "It is a rule. You should have known it, Bae Suji."
 
"Don't act too strict," Suji shrugs playfully. "They just want to know a little bit about your President's past life. About what happened between her and Yunho."
 
"And...," Suji smirks as her eyes lock on Jieun, "...about Taemin."
 
All of a sudden, Jieun has stood in front of Suji with a dart in her hand, placed near to Suji's neck. Her eyes are dangerous and full of hatred.
 
"Don't you dare, Suji," Jieun hisses as her skin turn paler; she returns to her original form. "You were there. You let him die in front of your own eyes."
 
"Don't say as if you did something for him," Suji replies calmly, not giving any hint that she is afraid of Jieun. "If you want to blame someone, Hin is the one to be blamed because of his death, not me, not Yunho."
 
Before any of them say another word, three beautiful women appear from nowhere, looking at them with amusement.
 
"Seems like we have visitors tonight," Verdandi hums with mysterious smile. "Uninvited visitors."
 
"A human, a vampire, a mermaid, and a Valkyrie," Skuld giggles. "What a combination."
 
"Hin's past is indeed interesting," Urd looks at Yoseob and Gikwang. She smiles and suddenly the darkness fall upon them.
 
They realize that they are sent to the past right now by Urd. Her voice echoes in the darkness.
 
"A little warning beforehand. Be careful or you will be trapped in the past."
 
##########
 
Glossary #16
Wenig (Ger): a little, not much