XI: Niente

Nocturne Academy
"Are you alright, Hin?" Yoseob asks Hin with worried tone. He studies her expression, hoping that Hin will say anything.
 
"It's all your fault," Joon sighs with frustration. "What are you two doing in the secretariat anyway? We're not supposed to waste our time here."
 
Gikwang gives Joon a deadly glare. He doesn't want to be blamed by Joon who is definitely the one who made Hin suffered because of blood loss. If only he controlled himself, Hin would never need the mermaid tear.
 
"Enough," Hin says with warning tone. "We better think of a way out from here. It's not an ordinary maze."
 
Hin has been through this phase before. This magic maze in one of Mr Song's favorite traps. Since Mr Song is the one who put the barrier in the secretariat, he is always happy to lift up the barrier to send Hin and the others to another place full of traps.
 
"Why did he even send us to here?" Gikwang hisses impatiently. He doesn't like the atmosphere here and he doesn't want to be trapped together with Joon. "What is this place?"
 
"It's a magic maze," Hin explains briefly. "You can find it near the lake, at the south side of the academy. This maze is forbidden for students since there are many dangerous creatures inside this maze."
 
"Sounds like you came here before," Joon smirks. He just mentioned something which is really obvious; he is the one who trapped together with Hin two months ago.
 
This is the place where he almost killed Hin because he lost control of his lust.
 
"You need to be careful," Yonghwa approaches Hin but his eyes are locked at Yoseob. "Jieun can't give her tears randomly when you get lost in this maze."
 
Jieun takes off her glasses and puts it in her pocket. She pulls her hairband to let her long hair loosen as she examines the dark sky.
 
"How many times you have been here?" Yoseob clears his throat awkwardly. He knows he is the most inexperienced one here since he is an ordinary human who doesn't possess any power.
 
"All representatives of NASCA have been here two times. Once when we selected as the representatives and another one time as well around last month, after the opening ceremony," Yonghwa answers calmly.
 
"I have been here four times," Hin adds in, having her eyes to find something around them. But she stops at the full moon on the night sky. "Mr Song is serious. We have to get out of here as soon as possible."
 
"Full moon and all magical creatures are on their best states," Gikwang tells Yoseob since he can read Yoseob's mind now; he knows that they are not in the secretariat anymore because he can read Yoseob's mind.
 
Mr Song must have been transported them using his power from the secretariat to this maze, for a reason that he doesn't know but he knows that the representatives of NASCA know the reason.
 
"What kind of creatures we will meet in this maze?" Gikwang asks, trying to find the answer in Hin's mind but Yonghwa has blocked Hin's min with his power.
 
Hin pulls the edge of her ribbon around her collar, putting it around her wrist, "Nothing."
 
"Nothing?" Yoseob frowns with disbelieveness. He has a bad feeling about this situation especiall because Mr Song mentioned about losing chances to see Hin's performance. "Then why do we need to be careful? What about the dangerous creatures?"
 
"You will be the best prey for them," Joon chuckles. "The human who doesn't know a thing. You better watch out what you're thinking. Starting from now."
 
Yoseob flinches a little because of the warning. He knows that Joon is not joking because Hin gives Yoseob a serious expression, as if she is telling him that he is the one with the biggest probability to become the target of whatever inside this maze.
 
"We need to find the exit of the maze as soon as possible," Hin tells Gikwang and Yoseob. "The longer we stay, the more dangerous the situation will be. The paths here can change anytime."
 
"Then how can we get out from here?" Gikwang growls.
 
His eyes find Jieun and she is looking paler than before; Jieun is getting back to her original form. The mermaid.
 
Gikwang notices that he needs to surpress something within himself because his fangs are going to appear beyond his control. The same thing happens to Joon while Yonghwa's ears have turned into their original shapes.
 
Something about this maze makes them return to their original forms. They have been trying to surpress their outer appearances as human but now they are changing back.
 
Hin and Yoseob are the only persons who don't feel any changes in theirselves since they are only ordinary human.
 
But both of them know they are in the worst position. If one of them loses control over themselves, Hin and Yoseob will be their best preys to hunt.
 
"Vampires, mermaid, and Elf," Hin steps backwards carefully. "This is not good."
 
Yoseob understands what Hin is saying.
 
Vampire is one of the strongest races within magical creatures. Vampires can be the most dangerous creatures because of their powers. Both Gikwang and Joon are two of the strongest young vampires alive for now.
 
Jieun can be the shy and calm mermaid around but mermaids can be really dangerous when their instinct to survive arise. Their tears are rare and sometimes they are hunted for their silks as well.
 
While Elves are the most loyal of all races, they can be pretty cruel when they need to protect the one they promise to, which means Yonghwa can kill anyone who tries to attack Hin.
 
"Yonghwa," Hin tries to drag Yonghwa away from the others but Yonghwa stands still, throwing Joon his warning glare.
 
Without any warning beforehand, Hin pulls Yoseob and Yonghwa as strong as possible to run away. She knows that Joon and Gikwang will try to surpress their lusts of blood for now but they can't hold on for long.
 
"W-Why did Mr Song need to trap us here?" Yoseob tries to catch his breath when three of them have stopped running, hiding behind a fountain they found around the corner.
 
"Because he will be amused to find me in trouble," Hin controls her heartbeat, keeping her calm image.
 
"Or probably...," Yonghwa grips the edge of the antique fountain to gain his focus back, "...to see her dying."

##########

Glossary #11
Niente: "nothing", barely audible, dying away