X: Dolce

Nocturne Academy
"It is one against one now," Junho puts down the invitation letter on the table. "They have an advantage now since their performance were better than us during the second test."
 
Hin holds her breathe. Somehow she knows that it's her fault that they lost on the second test. She held a big responsibility in her group and her condition was really bad that day, making her couldn't perform in her best state.
 
In the other hand, both Yoseob and Gikwang know that it's partly Joon's fault. He is the one who caused Hin to become so weak on the day of their performance; Hin lost her blood just to fulfill Joon's lust.
 
"The third test will be held in two weeks," Hin states with her usual expresionless face, taking the invitation letter calmly. "Until the day, we need to train harder for the song they have chosen for us."
 
The third test will be their final test, the test to decide which group is better, compared to another group. The other group will choose a song to be performed by another one, giving each group an advantage to choose a song for their rival.
 
Hin clenches her fists in silence when the aches attack her head again. She feels like the earth is spinning so fast under her. She grips the edge of the chair to gain her focus; she really needs the medicine now.
 
"Hin?" Eunjung notices Hin's expression change. She approaches her, examining her face. "Are you alright?"
 
"Let's find the Elf," Gikwang stands up from his seat. He just read Hin's mind and he knows that Yonghwa is the only one who can help her right now because he is the one who has the medicine for Hin.
 
"Come on," Gikwang lifts Hin on his arms without any warning, making Hin to clutch on his uniform to balance herself. Gikwang hugs her closer even though he can read her mind: she doesn't want to be lifted by him. But Gikwang ignores it.
 
"W-wait!" Yoseob follows him but Gikwang has left the room in a blink with his super speed, heading to NASCA secretariat to find Yonghwa.
 
Yoseob sighs, blaming himself because he doesn't have any special ability since he is only an ordinary human. He excuses himself and walks to the secretariat to find Hin.
 
When he arrives in front of the secretariat, he is surprised to find the door is not closed. He steps inside the secretariat where Gikwang is holding Hin close to him.
 
Hin's breathe is unsteady. She is really pale and cold sweat is dripping from her forehead; she is running out of time.
 
She didn't take her medicine this evening because she hasn't met Yonghwa since she arrived at the academy. She should have taken the medicine every evening, especially because Joon just her blood again last night.
 
"Damn it," Gikwang mutters under his breath, knowing that Hin is in critical condition. His grip on her shoulder tighten as he is trying to think for a solution but he doesn't find one.
 
Gikwang is mad because he can't read Hin's mind when they're at the secretariat.
 
"Shelf...," Hin murmurs vividly. Gikwang focuses on her words, frowning with curiosity. "Mermaid tears..."
 
"Check the shelf," Gikwang orders Yoseob since he can't move with Hin in his hug. "Find the mermaid tears. She needs it. Fast."
 
Yoseob rushes to the table and opens the shelf impatiently. He finds the glass bottle, containing mermaid tears which are shaped like transparent pearls.
 
Gikwang takes the bottle from Yoseob and takes one of the mermaid tears. He bites it within his teeth and leans closer to Hin; he is going to give it with his mouth since Hin is too weak to take the mermaid tear by herself.
 
Yoseob clenches his fists, not knowing what to do. He doesn't have a clue about what is happening but he knows that the mermaid tears can help Hin; mermaid tears are the best medicine for every pain except death.
 
Gikwang gives Hin the mermaid tear, locking his lips with Hin's soft lips. He doesn't part their lips; Gikwang waits until Hin swallows the mermaid tear.
 
When Hin has swallowed the mermaid tear, Gikwang pulls away from her as she is getting better now. Hin opens her eyes slowly, controlling her breathe and heartbeat.
 
She knows that this could happen someday; that's why she put the mermaid tears in the shelf. She is an ordinary human and she knows she can't be accepted that well as President of NASCA without any complaints.
 
"Hin...," Yoseob bends on his knee to check Hin's condition. He wipes her sweat with his hand, looking at the girl with worried expression. "You're alright now."
 
Before Hin can reply him, suddenly the door is swung open by Joon. He storms in the room without his usual calm smile. He gives Yoseob his deadly glare as his fangs appear because he is not in his best mood right now after his discussion with Mr Song.
 
And looking Gikwang and Hin together is indeed not the scene he wants to see right now. Yonghwa and Jieun enter the room quickly, hoping that Joon can still control his emotion.
 
"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen," the voice of Mr Song echoes in the room. "Looks like all of you here have interesting stories to share with each other. I will love to guide you to know each other better."
 
Hin straightens her body. She can sense that Mr Song is planning something for them because he just lifted the barrier in the room, barrier to prevent power using inside the room.
 
Within a second, they have moved into an entirely new place. They are not in the middle of the secretariat anymore but they are in the middle of a green maze.
 
"Please take your time together here," Mr Song laughs from nowhere they can see. "Hin is really sweet to care for all of you, isn't she? Take care of her or you will lose the chance to see her performance on third test."
 
Hin stands up slowly, gaining her power altogether. Mr Song just gave them new task to finish: getting out from this maze as soon as possible.
 
Yoseob helps her to stand up properly while Gikwang tries to find where Mr Song is. Joon is closing his eyes, trying to control his emotion. Both Yonghwa and Jieun don't change their expressions; they just focus with Mr Song's warning.
 
"Be careful here," Mr Song hisses in their mind. "You have the warning beforehand."

##########

Glossary #10
Dolce: sweetly