(1) Unread Email

Fan Mail
Letter 1

 

I grinned as I looked at his online fan page.

 

“Send your own personal message to Taemin by clicking here! ^o^”

 

Then my smile dropped. I sighed. “Ahh, I bet Taeminnie gets a million messages a day…he probably doesn’t even have enough time to read them all.”

 

I was about to click the red cross in the right top corner of the page when I thought, “Oh what the heck, I’ll just give it a try so I’ll have no regrets.” I moved the cursor over to the email button and pressed it. I waited for it to load and finally it was ready for me to start typing up my message to my precious Taemin.

 

“Hmm..what to write…?” I thought. My mind had gone blank. “Aish! Why is this so hard?” I took a deep breath. “Ok, start by typing my email, [email protected]. First part done.” I smiled to myself.  “Now for the message…” I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. “Gosh, Nat, what is up with you?! It’s not like he’s really going to read it! Just hurry up and write anything.” I told myself. So I put my fingers on my keyboard and started…

 

Hello Taemin!

I’m sorry, but my Korean is really bad and I don’t even know how to write it, so I guess I’ll just be typing this in English haha.

Well, I’ve known you and SHINee since last year from my friends but I didn’t seem to take much interest until this year ^^ When I heard your songs, I was amazed. Your voices were just so…captivating! I couldn’t believe I hadn’t discovered you guys earlier.

 I started to watch variety shows with you and the other members in it, such as “Hello Baby” , “Maknae Rebellion” and “Yunhanam”. You were all so cute and cool in them!

My favourite song from SHINee is Lucifer, I even attempted to learn the dance with my friends and I reckon we did pretty well! Ok, maybe not really, haha, but at least we tried, right? :)

I think you can guess how excited I was when I found out that you guys were going to be debuting in Japan, right? I loved the Japanese Replay and Juliette!

I still have doubts that this will actually get to you and that you’ll really read this, but oh wellies if it doesn’t. I’ve had fun writing this email. Hehe. Take care and fighting!

From: Natalia.

 

I re-read the email and grinned like a mad-man. Then I looked at my name. Natalia. How plain did that sound?! I backspaced and got rid of “Natalia”. I sat there, thinking what else I could sign out with. “From your fan?” Nah, I bet too many people use that. “Oh!” I smiled again as I thought of what to do.

 

Hehe. Take care and fighting!

From: Juliette in Australia

 

I studied the ending of my email. “Aiyaaah, it sounds so lame.” I put my head down on my table in defeat. “Oh my gosh, whatever, who cares?” I quickly pressed “send” before I could change my mind.

------------------------------------------

 

I still hoped that there would be a reply, no matter how impossible it seemed. I woke up the next day and rushed to check my email.

 

“(1) unread email”

 

I squealed in delight, “Oh my gosh, hahaha, really?! Oh-em-gee! Must check now, must check now,” I chanted as I quickly pressed into my inbox. Then that little bit of hope died when I read it.

 

“Want to have a relaxing day but you can’t seem to find a place? Come to Ella’s Boutique with the code 4qe037w to get 50% off!”

 

I scowled. “Stupid advertisement. Damn you, Ella! I don’t want a freaking makeover! I want Shineeeee.” I glared at the pink, floral logo. “Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid thing. Can’t believe I was so happy.” I sighed and closed my computer.

 

The next day I checked again. But there was nothing. The days soon turned into a week, and a week turned into a month. I gave up and stopped waiting for a reply.  

 

A week later, I did my daily Saturday morning routine and went online to check my mail. There was an email from an unknown address. I sighed. “Why are there so many scammers nowadays?” I deleted it without a second thought. I closed the internet browser and went to fix myself some breakfast. I grabbed my bag and prepared to go out to meet my friends.

 

“Mum! I’m leaving now! Don’t wait for me to eat lunch, I’m having it at Kate’s house!”

 

“Ok! Be careful though! And call me when you want me to pick you up!”

 

“Sure. Bye, love you!” I yelled as I walked out of the front door and into the fresh air outside.

 

------------------------------------------

 

Natalia’s mum smiled as she heard the wooden gate close on her daughter’s way out. She was glad that her family turned out so well, despite herself not having a good childhood when she was younger. The phone started to ring, breaking her bubble of thoughts. She walked casually over to it and picked it up.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi, is this Natalia?”

 

“No, this is her mum. Is this Kate’s dad? She’s on her way now, give her ten minutes maybe? She should be arriving soon.”

 

“No, ma’am, I’m not Kate’s fardar.” the person responded in broken English. “I am the um, manager of a band. Have you um, heard of SHINee before?”

 

She wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion. “No, I’m sorry, but I think you’ve got the wrong number. Bye.” And she hung up.  A few seconds later the phone rang again. Natalia’s mum put to her ear and said, “Hey, look, whatever you’re trying to sell, I’m not interested. Sorry.”

 

She was about to hang up when the voice stopped her. “No, please! This is vedy urgent! Dis is the manager of SHINee! Please tell your daughter that she must check her email!”

 

“My daughter’s not going to buy anything from you either!”

 

“No, no, no, I am not selling anyting. I need to speak to Natalia! This is um, what is that word? Secret! This is a secret! Cannot tell anyone else about dis.”

 

“Look, I appreciate your effort, but before trying to sell things, maybe you should practise your English first. Bye.” And she hung up again, sighing.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

[A/N: this is in Korean haha but me being the noob I am, I can’t write in Korean so yes. Haha read on ^^]

 

“So, how was it, manager hyung? Did you speak to that girl?” asked Taemin.

 

“No! The other person keeps saying something about me selling something! I keep saying I’m not selling anything but she doesn’t believe me! Or maybe it’s just my pronunciation of English…is it really that hard to understand what I’m saying?”

 

Minho stood lost in thought. Was there any other way to contact her?

 

“Hmm, so we’ve emailed her, we’ve called her…what else can we do?!” whined Key, “Argh, this is so hard! Why don’t our fans believe us?!”

 

“Just send her another email, she’s bound to get annoyed and finally check it and then realise it’s from us.” replied Jonghyun.

 

“Yeah, we’re not going to Australia until another four months anyway, plenty of time to organise all of this. I’m going to make dinner!” said Onew.

 

Key looked at him, shocked. “When did you cook?! That’s my job!” and he jumped off the couch and ran to into the kitchen.

 

“What…? Why can’t I cook?” complained Onew.

 

“~Because you’ve got Onew Condition~ “ sang the rest of the members.

 

“So you’re probably going to cut off your hand while you’re attempting to cook,” laughed Jonghyun.

 

“Am not!” he yelled in reply.

 

“Fine, hyung! I dare you to go make dinner tonight.” challenged Taemin.

 

“Ok! I’ll do it!”

 

“LET’S BET!”

 

“WOAH! KEY! YOU SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! HOW’D YOU GET OUT HERE?! YOU WERE IN THERE, WEREN’T YOU?!” exclaimed Jonghyun.

 

Key smirked in response. “I’m just cool like that.”

 

Minho rolled his eyes and chuckled at them. “So how much are we going to bet?”

 

“If hyung cuts himself, spills hot water on himself or injures himself in any way at all, he’ll have to treat us to ice cream for two weeks!” declared Taemin.

 

“…my case of Onew Condition isn’t that bad is it?”

 

Jonghyun cracked up laughing. “Are you serious? Hahaha, I cannot believe you are asking us that. Hahaha. Oh gosh, I can’t breathe! Hahaha so funny.”

 

Onew glared at him. “ALRIGHT!” he yelled. “I, LEE JINKI, WILL TAKE YOUR CHALLENGE AND IF I LOSE, I WILL TREAT YOU ALL TO ICE CREAM FOR TWO WEEKS!”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hehehe I love Onew and his Onew Condition ^^ So clumsy and cute hahaha. Hmm I wonder why Shinee is trying to contact Natalia ;D 

LUCIFEEEER HEHEHE (Y)

Comments will be loved! :) 

xoxo