Hyeri: Summer Plans

Always There For Me

*Forgot to change middle school to high school*

 

 

As I looked at the pale hand that was Nurse Becka...everything in me felt weak. 

"No!" I yelled at the top of my lung as I raised my arm to scratch the nurse next to me. As I ran to Nurse Becka I lifted the blanket to see Nurse Becka..in a peaceful form. It was as if she expected this death already....I started to cry as I remembered the other day.

"I can't believe we're meeting like this...right when I do not have much to keep on going" Nurse Becka said. How could I have been so clueless? 

"Goodbye...Lin Yoon" I whispered not used to calling Nurse Becka by her real name. As I backed out, there were already nurses from the hall waiting for me. 

"I'm going" I said with annoyance as I passed the nurse that I kicked I couldn't help but show a giggle. As I walked to the office there was Sehun waiting for me. 

"You are a idiot" Sehun said like we're used to this. 

"Whatever" I said as I walked out. 

"What happened?" Sehun ask blocking my way to the door. That was when I realized I was still holding the flowers. The neat tight bouquet was now in a ball around the wrapping..pieces of flowers fell and left a trail. I realized I never left these to Nurse Becka. These flowers are just a memory of what happened as I threw the flowers into a nearby trashcan.

"I want to go home" I said faking a yawn. 

"She died didn't she" Sehun said.  As I heard the word I flinched. I wanted to strangle him for even saying the word but I knew it wasn't his fault. As I counted in my mind something that Nurse Becka told me when I was little. 

"If anyone ever upsets you Hyeri, just count while listing reasons" Nurse Becka used to say with a wink whenever I got into trouble with the other patients at the park. 

"Yes" I said through gritted teeth signaling no more talking. The entire walk to my house was complete silent. I respect how Sehun let's me have my peace as we arrived at my door I turned around. 

"Thank you...for everything" I said 

"What did I-" Sehun said until I leaned in to his mouth. His lips smelled of lemon as I pressed softly. He I started to by leaning back but his hand pulled me back. Tears started to form from my eyes. Little tears must have gotten on his nose as he leaned back to tell me something. 

"Let it out Hyeri..." Sehun said as he started to give me a hug. I couldn't hold it anymore. It was as if seeing Nurse Becka was the key for the big river that I hid in my eyes have poured out. I couldn't stop as I tried to kiss harder for the crying to stop, but I knew that years and years of suffering was not going to stop. How long as it been? 30 seconds? A minute? As we seperated we were breathing heavily. 

"I'm gonna go" I said as I turned around to open the door. 

"Who do you live with?" Sehun ask leaning against the railing. 

"My mom...my dad left us a long time ago" I said quietly

"Oh..where's your mom?" Sehun asked embarressed of the question

"She's at work...in the summer I promised her that I was going to get a job to make a little money to help with the house" I said 

"Oh I can help"Sehun said 

"We'll see" I said giving Sehun a quick peck on the cheek as I went inside and shut the door. As I trailed to the restroom I was quite disgusted of my appearance. My hair was matted and full of snot and tears, Little makeup was trailing on my cheek, I was pale and my eyes were swollen red and puffy, my hair was cut unevenly showing a huge chunk slightly shorter.

How can Sehun the most popular guy at school would be interested in me" I thought until a smile formed onto my face. He likes me...no matter how bad I look I am his, but that smile didn't last for even a minute as I started to cry. I knew that for the rest of my life, Nurse Becka will always be in my memory. I may be alive and full of flesh and blood...but that is only the outer layer. 

* * *

As I sat near the tv eating my pasta I heard the sound of keys jingling and footsteps. 

"Hi Mom"  I said mouth full of pasta. 

"Hello Hyeri" my mom said. 

"Dinner?" I said offering my pasta

"No thank you sweetie...I'm going to bed now" my mom said as she trudged up the stairs. As she left I started looking through the newspapers. 

Hair dresser? Nah

Nail Designer? I can't even make a flower

Store Cashier? Yeeeaaa.no

Housekeeper? I will break something

Babysitter? Kids hate me

Coffe Shop? Perfect

As I marked all the open coffee shops my heart was racing. Tomorrow was time for a job. As I grabbed my phone I sended a quick text to Sehun before I went to go to sleep

To: Sehun

From: Hyeri

Found a job!!! Meet me at my house at ???

You think of one

~~Hyeri~~ 


Q W E  R T Y U  I O P 

A  S  D  F G H J K L

Z X C V B N M