The New Girl Strikes Back

Always There For Me

As the school rang signaling that school is ending Hyeri ran out to the hallways.

"Finally!" Hyeri yelled with glee. She noticed a group of girls staring at her.

"Did you see what she did yesterday?" a girl whispered

"Such a ..he's already taken" another girl said with a smirk. The happy smile on Hyeri's face suddenly turned into a frown as she faced her locker. On it wrote in big bold letters, , with permanent marker. Tears started to form but Hyer it up.

"No...not today..I am finally free" Hyeri thought as she held her head up and opened her locker while ignoring the stares from the girls. Soon Hyeri grabbed her things and started to walk....soon the walk turned into a run. While Hyeri ran tears started to come out.

"Who would say something like this?" Hyeri thought. As she ran to her house her mom was outside watering the flowers. 

"Oh hi sweetie" Hyeri's mom said with her back turned.

"Omma..."Hyeri said as she ran to her mom. As Hyeri's mom turned around she was grabbed into a hug. 

"Hyeri...what's wrong" Hyeri's mom said as she smoothed out Hyeri's wrinkled hair. 

"Can we move?" Hyeri asked 

"I'm sorry but live is going very well here already...we can't move...not just yet sweetie" Hyeri's mom said. Hearing her mother say that there was no escaping Hyeri ran to her room. 

"I am not going to be treated like a " Hyeri thought as she started to grab her scissors. 

"I will make sure no one can hurt me" Hyeri mumbled as she started to cut her hair. Piles and piles of hair was creating a circle around her legs. As Hyeri's hair grew shorter and shorter....Hyeri's felt that all the pain she felt was off her shoulders. 

"Perfect.."Hyeri said as she stood up to examine her hair. It was a short kind of hair nothing you can pull or damage. During the night Hyeri couldn't stop dreaming how life was going to be when they see the new Hyeri....the one that they can never hurt.

* * *

 

It's a new year!

As Hyeri strode down the hallway with her head held high she felt confident. 

"Look at the " A girl whispered to another. Being called a by the same person yesterday, Hyeri did not allow as she walked to the girl.

"Excuse me...but who are you calling a ?" Hyeri asked with a glare. 

"Look who's talking...did you have a nice day kissing a taken person?" the girl said with a sneer. Hyeri's beat was rising as she felt that the girl was winning, but Hyeri hid it with a smile. 

"At least I can actually reach for a guy while you gossip about some" Hyeri replied calmly while inside she was jumping up and down. Soon the sneer has disapeared off the girl's face. 

"A-at least I don't try g-going for a taken which" the girl stuttered with less confidence seeing that the new girl could fight back. 

"Nice try but I think you and me knows who won" Hyeri said with triumph as she turned around and walked passing a glare or two at any girl would tried to speak up. 

"Life is good" Hyeri thought as she smiled and walked to her class.