A messy kind of morning

The big, fat, and the ugly.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you know that feeling when the morning started all right and you can't help but think that everything else will go wrong later on?

That's exactly what I'm feeling right now.

I mean, it doesn't just happen in stories that writers make up. It's totally true.

Anyway, moving on.

My really “low-end” father actually prepared a breakfast fit for a queen!
(( I guess he realized I'm actually a Queen and he should be doing whatever I want. ))

And he didn't try to stop me from eating almost everything on the table. I mean, am I dreaming?!
 

And my brother kept quiet all morning. Looking at him made me think that he's actually handsome....if he shuts his mouth forever.

 

I was about to finish eating the ham when my father tapped me on the shoulder.

“Han Jina, my sweet sweet Han Jina...” He cooed.
“What.” I eyed him.
“You have a date tonight at 7. Be home early.” The tune of his voice was so sickening. No more. Don't ruin my appetite, father.

“I don't have a date.” I said as I swallowed the remaining piece of ham. “I have a lot of things to do. I have homeworks and I have to watch the new episode from 'What's that, Larry?' So I'll be home early, father.”

 

“Oh,” He smiled/smirked at me. (I ain't really sure cause his face is confusing almost everytime.) “But you do. I say that you do so your episode will have to wait tomorrow, then.”
With that, he left almost skipping as he sang 'Life is such a happy life' leaving me with my mouth hanging open.

 

I can't believe my father sang as he merrily skipped towards his room.
Why did my mom—nevermind.

I rolled my eyes at nothing and stood up to fix the table when I saw Geun Shik poking at his food.

“HEY!” I shouted at him but he didn't even look at me. He just sighed and stared at his food.
“Hey Geun Shik.” I poked his forehead which made him look at me. “What's the matter with you, huh?” I asked.
“Nothing. Don't be nosy.” He rolled his eyes at me and started eating his food.
“What do you mean by don't be nosy?! You!!!! Do you wanna die!!!?” I yelled. “Your problem is MY problem, idiot. Now TELL ME or else I'm eating your head off.”

His chewing slowed down and he looked at me, his eyes starting to tear up.
Oh man, I think that was too much.
 

“I hate myself.” he muttered, his mouth half-full. “I really do hate myself.”
“It's about time.” I thought. But I didn't say it out loud. It isn't the right time to sass him.

Instead, I asked him “Why do you hate yourself?”

 

“Because the girl I like now doesn't like me, okay?!” His tears started to fall. As well as his snot.
“Is this the girl that you dated yesterday?” I asked as softly as possible.
“You were right.” He wiped his tears using his hands. “I knew I shouldn't have acted like a jerk. I knew I should have treated her to a better place yesterday. I'm such a noob.”
“Yeah you are.” I said and he glared at me. “Since you know that you're a noob, why don't you change? Crying won't benefit you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter