What Now?

Little Sister

Author’s POV

 

*2 MONTHS LATER*

 

A familiar girl sat at a bench under a tree as the sun shone through the star like leaves; looking up at the sky as she listened to music humming softly to the melody that played. School was finally on break but all she could think about was her brother and s that were no longer at the school. She did see them once in a while when the group would stop by but there was always a part missing. She looked over to her side when she felt a presence next to her and blinked a bit in shock from the person who took a seat next to her. “O-oppa…” she gaped at the face of her smiling brother and took her earphones out. “W-what are you doing here! You’re going to be seen!!” she grabbed her binder getting ready to leave knowing this scene could cause a disaster since no still knew about her being and idol's sister but, her brother had stopped her. “They want to introduce you..” he said softly and Yoonah looked up at him, brows furrowed slightly as she felt confusion stir in her mind and she sat up straight.

“What are you talking about?” She asked and a sigh came from the male as he leaned forward propping his elbows onto his knees. “Yoonah the company knows about you and wants you to be a part of our family..” the said girl shook her head. “Yoongi no.. Nope I’m not doing it. You can’t make me.” Yoonah never liked the idea of being on stage or on camera. In fact, she despised the idea of becoming famous at all. “You know I don’t-“

“I know Yoonah, I know you don’t like it but please just try.. I really don’t like leaving you alone every day. I worry so much.” Yoongi said as he grabbed her hand with worry and sadness written all over his face. “I’ve been having nightmares for the past 2 weeks that someone is going to hurt you. You could stay with us instead of a seperate dorm.” Yoonah looked closer and could finally see the bags under his eyes, the make-up he had on covered it up a bit but Yoonah was always observant to see his natural looks. “Please.” Yoonah sighed as she looked at her brother’s face almost feeling as sad as he looked and reached up cupping his cheek softly, she forgot how soft his skin was and missed the cuddles her brother would give her.

“I’ll think about it okay.. You need to get some rest. Let’s go home and I’ll cook for you.” Yoongi let out a airy laugh with a smile of hope and nodded slowly getting up grabbing Yoonah’s binder as she grabbed her bag. “What should we eat for dinner?” Yoonah linked her arm with his getting lost in a conversation of food as they walked off campus.

 

*AT THE HOUSE*

 

Yoongi watched as Yoonah cooked and laughed softly seeing how different his sister had become. “Yah.. Since when did you enjoy cooking so much huh?” he asked and stood up walking over to her side watching her cook. Yoongi never knew his sister was such a good cook until a time in high school he took a culinary class that he never wanted and Yoonah would have to make the dishes for him even though she hated cooking just so he wouldn’t fail, that was one of their best memories that always stayed at their side. “Things change oppa.. I won’t always be the same.” She said smiling to herself as the memory slowly flashed through her head as she cut up the vegetables, how she would always yell at her brother when he would ask for her elp each time.

“You know you look so much like mom right now…” Yoonah froze for a bit, whenever someone mentioned her mother or father she always gets brought back to that horrid memory, she sighed softly before continuing her doings trying to push the memory side. Yoongi sensed how the mood shifted and immediately regretted his words. “Do you need help?!” he asked trying to change the subject and started to roll up his sleeves of his sweater and washed his hands. Yoonah looked up at him and scoffed playfully, knowing that her brother could never cook and how everything he cooked tasted bad even when he tried his best. He could never get one dish he made, to taste good. 

“You can’t even cook..” she said and nudged him away before adding the vegetables into the pot. Yoongi laughed and nudged her back. “Then I’ll just call Jin to come and help..” he said and fished for his phone from his pocket. Yoonah’s heart jumped at the mention of the person she missed the most,  as she grabbed the meat and started cutting it, she thought about Jin as she glanced at her brother who held the phone to his ears waiting for an answer. “Guys I’m at Yoonah’s! Come over and let’s have a feast!!” he chimed and Yoonah inwardly smiled.

She missed the 6 goof balls including her kid brother that would wrestle each other in the living room, always stealing her from Jin or Yoongi. She was cut off by her thoughts when Yoongi had yelled and she jumped making the knife hit her hand and she yelped softly dropping the knife in the sink and bringing her hand up to look at it with a soft wince. “You idiot..” she said softly and washed her hand, biting her lip softly at the stinging. She made sure it was clean and grabbed a napkin holding it against the cut, looking in the drawers of the kitchen bar. “What happened??” he asked and started to panic, his voice loud. “Shut up!” she snapped at him, she never liked when people would yell it gave her anxiety, she opened another drawer and grabbed the band aid holding it out to her brother. Yoongi took the band aid as Yoonah removed the napkin from the cut and glared slightly at her brother. “Hurry up!” she yelled becoming impatient as her brother just stared at it. He quickly took the band aid out and covered the cut. “Ho-” “Because you yelled!” she cut him off knowing his question and Yoongi cleared his throat.

Yoonah huffed when her brother was finished taking responsibility for what he did and crossed her arms. “Now you have to cut the meat…” she said pointing at the cutting board. “But I don’t know how to…” Yoongi pouted as he saw how mad his little sister was. Yoonah didn’t like the idea either but he was the only one there at the moment. “I am going to teach you. And I can’t do it because you can get sick if my blood gets onto it, so you are taking full responsibility of what you did..” she said firmly and Yoongi bit his lip softly and nodded going to the cutting board. “Grab a knife.” Yoongi was about to grab the one in the sink when Yoonah pointed to the drawer in front of him. “That’s the knife I cut myself with.. You need to grab a new one..” she said trying to be as calm as she could, Yoongi stepped back and opened the drawer grabbing a knife that looked like the one Yoonah used from earlier and set it on the counter as he closed the drawer. You could tell he never cooked in his life because he had no common sense in a kitchen.

Yoonah was about to tell him what next when there was a knock on the door, her expression brightened hoping it was Jin. “Are they here already??” she asked and Yoongi shrugged wondering the same thing. “Do not cut anything you hear me..” she warned hoping her brother doesn’t try to make the “right” decision and walked to the front door looking through the peep hole seeing a familiar face. “Yoonah who is it?!” Yoongi yelled from the kitchen. Yoonah stepped back from the door knob in her hand as she slowly opened it her heart pounding.

“Long time no see..” she met the face of someone she missed so much, someone’s who’s smile was always captivating to her. “J-Jaebum..” she said softly and stood there staring at him not excepting the fact that he was there right there. “Yoonah who is it…” Yoongi trailed off as he appeared and saw the man standing in the door way. “JAEBUM?!” he instantly threw himself to the said boy and grinned. “Where have you been man!!” he chimed and linked his arms with the other. “I know right hyung…” Jaebum said and smiled. The three were childhood friends, living in the same area and going to the same schools until the incident and that’s when they were separated.  

“Yoonah what’s going on?” Yoonah turned around and saw the group staring at the three with confusion in their eyes. “Guys... You’re here.” she said not noticing how lost she sounded and Yoongi laughed at Yoonah’s expression knowing she was shocked. “Come on in guys! I’ll introduce you all at the table!!” he said as he grabbed Hoseok’s hand and took him and Jaebum to the kitchen. Everyone followed but Yoonah and Jin. “What wrong??” he said softly as he stood next to her watching the group migrate to the kitchen. Yoonah finally realized she was still standing there staring at where Jaebum’s exsistance was once. “N-nothing..” she shook her head and Jin knew she lied but didn’t decide to ask at the moment. “Come on lets go.” He said and Yoonah nodded with a small smile trying to cover up her lie and Jin smiled back playing along. Jin always knew when Yoonah would lie and he always saw the sadness in her eyes when she did it, but he always waited until she was ready to explain.

They both walked into the kitchen and Yoonah went to the cutting board staring at the meat. “What did you want to cut this into?” Jin asked and Yoonah looked up at him smiling softly. “Chunks.” Jin nodded and washed his hands pecking Yoonah’s temple as she watched him. Yoonah loved when Jin would do things like that, it made her feel special, wanted, and loved. Jin stretched his arms and picked up the knife looking at the meat and started cutting it like Yoonah had wanted it. Yoonah smiled at him showing a silent “thanks” and Jin just hummed knowing what she meant. “Noona! Come here!!” Yoonah quickly looked at Jungkook then back to Jin wondering what he’ll say and he just nodded. “Go ahead.” He said and Yoonah pouted a bit at his words and hugged him before going by the maknae.

 “What do you think about Jaebum hyung?!” Jungkook asked with excitement running through his eyes as Yoonah sat next to him, she laughed a bit at the question and tilted her head. “What do you mean Kookie?” Jaebum watched Yoonah smiling at her cute innocent actions crossing his arms as took in a new looking Yoonah. “I think Jaebum is a goof ball honestly.. Like you.” She said and pinched Jungkook’s nose playfully. “Noona!” the maknae pouted as his nose started to hurt and Yoonah just smiled at him. Jaebum remembered how he used to make this girl smile every day and how everyone thought they were together which lead to some chaos, but after the incident she never smiled like before. “Jae! How’s Got7?? How’d you get to have a day off??”

Jaebum looked at Namjoon with a small smile knowing that its been hard for idols now to get a break. “We are on vacation..” What he said was true and for his vacation he wanted to find his “First Love” he didn’t expect to see the rookies of the year with her. Jaebum looked at Yoonah and smiled softly. “Yooie!” Yoonah blinked as she heard a name she hadn’t heard in years and looked at him. Jaebum grinned, he was happy she remembered the nickname he had given her when they were smaller. “You changed since the last time I saw you.. You’re prettier now!” Yoonah was completely taken back and blushed lightly in response as she looked away from him, her hands leading to Hoseok’s shirt and playing with the hem of the older’s sleeve. “And she’s smarter!” Yoongi said and Yoonah glared at him. “Yah do you want to die?!” she snapped.

“Yooie was always smart hyung! She was always first in the school..” Jaebum said with a smile on his lips. He remembered how every year they would ask Yoonah what rank she was and it was always first. Yoongi always had 20 and at one point he bumped up a few, as for Jaebum he was part of the top 10 and his parents would always push him to be like Yoonah. “She always ranked first..” he said softly as he admired the way Yoonah looked. No matter what she was wearing or what she was doing he always saw her as beautiful in his eyes. “Jaebum hyung.. Why do you call noona Yooie?” Jungkook asked and Taehyung clapped. “IS IT BECAUSE SHE’S LIKE UEE SUNBAE?!” Yoonah looked at them all with utter confusion and the guys just laughed her clueless expression.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

OHHHHH SHISUS I FEEL LIKE A BISH!!! I AM SO SORRY MY BEAUTIFUL StARs! After a long a** hiatus I finally got a chapter done and I hope you all like the new character I added in... Jaebum is just... Yeah, anywayss!

How have you all been? Did you all have a good New Year and Christmas? I hope so, mine was a bit hectic.

I will try to publish my next chapter soon because I bet you guys are all dying to find out whats going to happen between this triangle that will start.

Don't hate on anyone!

I love you all~