Reality

Eternal Heartbeat

It’s been a month now that Luhan being dismissed from hospital and it’s been a month also he hasn’t seen or heard anything from Chorong. Sometimes he wonders to himself whether it’s real or just his imagination meeting with her. She disappeared like a bubble in a deep ocean leaving no traces. If it a real, where is she right now? Why she hasn’t coming to see him? Or if it just a dream, it is really a nice dream that he can’t even forget.

Just like his usual day, today is no exception. As much he hates himself for being dragged into a deep thought, he still has a duty to be fulfilled as a student. Luckily, it’s a lunch break and he got some time to rest his mind. Most of s already at the canteen when he reach there, walking toward their usual spot. Luhan then find a sit beside D.O who is now eating a sandwich. Seeing him, Xiumin immediately handed him a cup of coffee and he gladly took it.

“Where is Baekhyun?” Luhan asked looking around to find the boy but his eyes only caught some students who patiently queuing up to buy foods at the counter and a few students who already eating up their lunch while chatting with their friends.

“Taeyeon noona came by.” Suho answered still looking at Sehun beside him who looks so concentrate playing game on his phone. Luhan nodded understand his answer. If Taeyeon come by to their school, there is not 1% hope that Baekhyun will stay with them. He will definitely stick with her for the entire time. Baekhyun too obsessed with her. He really falls hard on her. You can’t really blame him for that. Taeyeon is 3 years older than Baekhyun and also their ex-senior on school, but she really is pretty and kind. She knows how to treat other people well and her carefree personality is what he thinks is the reason why Baekhyun like her a lot.

“When will the selection for school basketball team being held?” Chen asked out of nowhere looking at Kris who still busy munching his food. Most of them immediately turned their attention to him, waiting for his answer.

“In a few days, I guess. I need to discuss it first with coach. Geez, that man is killing me. He is too busy with his new wife.” Kris replied, mumbling the last sentence frustrated.

“It’s a normal thing for a newlywed’s couple. Try to be a bit understanding.” D.O said patting Kris back slowly, trying to calm him down.

“Hi, guys!” A loud voice greets them and they automatically turning their heads toward the direction, wondering who the voice belong to.

“Noona!” They all said in unison seeing Taeyeon walking toward them with Baekhyun on the side, grinding. Chanyeol, Chen and Kai stand up from their sit and back a few steps away, giving Taeyeon an access to their table and sit across with Luhan and D.O.

“I miss you guys so much. So, how were my kids doing?” Taeyeon said, putting her handbag on the side and clapping her hands in excitement while eyeing the boys one by one. She really missed them so much. She has been busy with her college and assignment for the past few months. She can’t even remember herself when was the last time she hang out with them, her favourite brother.

“We’re fine. Nothing big happen.” Suho spoke excitedly. Sehun who already finish playing with his phone and Tao beside him nodded in agreement.

“Except for him.” Chen added suddenly pointing his finger to Luhan. A few of them chuckled slowly hearing his words. They know what Chen means by that. All of them had noticed Luhan drastic changes after dismiss from hospital. They also heard from a few of them who went to visit him that particular day about the girl they met.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked curiously, turning her attention to the boys in front of her. Luhan gazed at Chen who is now showing his blunt face like he had done nothing wrong to be afraid of.

“It’s nothing, actually. I’m serious.” Luhan answered, trying to stop the topic for being discussed any further. He really trying so hard not to remember about that matter but now, they trying to make him said it out loud in front of everyone. They are really not helping him at all. Luhan annoyed.

“Is that the same reason Baekhyun told me before that make you look so gloomy?” Taeyeon voice spoke again, still looking directly at him. Luhan rounded his eyes, looking at Baekhyun who is sitting beside her. Baekhyun reply his gazed with a grinned.

“I didn’t say a word. She caught things pretty fast you know.” Baekhyun tried to defence himself, both hands up above his shoulder. Taeyeon smiled looking at their reaction. She caught the signed that Luhan did not want to discuss the matter any further, not right now for sure. So she makes an initiative to change the subject of their conversation.

“By the way, I got some event to do this weekends and I hope you guys can come to it. So, who’s in?” She asked happily moving her head to the right and left, eyeing the boys.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho and Sehun raise their hands up without hesitate any minute, smiling their heart out happily. It’s a request from their beloved sister. How can they even think to turn her down? They thought.  

“Luhan, do you want to join us?” Taeyeon asked, looking at him after counting the boys hands up in the air.

“He’s in.” Chanyeol answered for him without even getting his permission first. Luhan sighed knowing there is no way out to this. He just nodded in agreement. Even with his messed mind right now, he also doesn’t want to disappoint her. At least, maybe with this activity, it will help him out to forget her a little bit.

“Good. I’ll see you guys on weekends then. And the rest of you?” Taeyeon smiled, asking the rest of the boys who just sit there quietly.

“We already got plan to do.” Kai answered pointing to D.O and himself. D.O nodded slightly, agreeing with Kai answer. 

“He promises to buy me a new shoe.” Tao answered happily eyeing Kris beside him.

“And I still regretted it until now.” Kris sighed earning him a light smack from Tao.

“My parents are coming this weekend.” Lay said slowly, feeling guilty to reject her request.

“Owh. Say hi to them for me.” Taeyeon said, assured him that she is fine.

“I will.” Lay replied happily, glad with her reaction.

“Well then. I better get going now or I’ll be late to the next appointment.” Taeyeon said before grabbing back her handbag and stood, ready to get going from here.

“Bye.” She waving happily to them, not even loses any seconds the smile on her lips.

“I’ll send you.” Baekhyun offered, ready to get up from his sit.

“It’s okay. I know you still not eating your lunch. Luhan can send me off. Right?” Taeyeon turned to Luhan who seems a bit shocked to her request just now. He immediately come to his sense and nodded while answered.

“Sure.”

They all waved her a goodbye until she and Luhan disappeared from their sight. Taeyeon walked happily while humming a song. Luhan smiled seeing her childish act. She is older than all of them but sometimes she seems the youngest one to them. it’s not just her behaviour that make her look like the younger one, but her petite figure also one of the main reason why she doesn’t look like her real age.

“So, what’s up?” Taeyeon spoke up after some time of silence between them. Luhan gazed to her beside him, walking side by side.

“Baekhyun already told you, isn’t he?” He replied shortly knowing it was her way to bring back the topic they ended before.

“He just told me a lit bit of it. You can tell me more if you want. Consider it just like to speak with your mom. Well…. a mother would be a bit too much. How about a sister? That better.” She said in a playful tone but he know that she really meant it. He smiled to her.

“It’s nothing actually. I just met a girl at the hospital. But I don’t seem to reach her after that.” Luhan explained, frustrated to the fact himself.

“And that bothering you so much?” She asked stopped from the walks and raising her eyebrows, looking directly to him now.

“Noona…” Taeyeon words seem to ring a bell on his mind. He lost for a word. She was right. Why is that matter bothering him so much when he barely known the girl for a few days. Thinking of it right now, he really hates himself more than ever.

“Don’t worry. I won’t blame you. But I wonder how would Seohyun react to these?” For the second time, Luhan caught red handed by Taeyeon. He already tired with himself for keep thinking about Chorong and he totally forgot about Seohyun. Thinking back, Seohyun also doesn’t trying to contact him after their fight way before he was admitted to hospital, which means it been almost 2 months they doesn’t meet or speak to each other. What a great life he got now.

“Judging from your action, I guess she still doesn’t know about this matter.” Taeyeon answered back her question before by herself seeing Luhan still stood there unmoving.

 “Noona… I….” He tried to search for a word to reply her back, but his voice seems caught on his dry throat.

“Luhan, I’m not on anyone side here. If you think that girl is the right one for you, go get her. Don’t let anyone else to choose your future for you is you’re going to regret it later.” Taeyeon added before he can explain himself, and to his surprises, he himself nodded in agreement for what she said just now.

“But I don’t even know where she is right now.” He finally said after some time of silence between them. Taeyeon gave him her smile while patting his left shoulder slowly.

“When there is a will, there is always a way. Good luck to find that way.” She quoted before turning back herself to the front and started walking again.

“Thanks, noona.” Luhan said slowly but enough for both of them to hear.

“You’re welcome.” Taeyeon replied, before she seems just to remember something and the last sentence flow from finally sending shiver through his body.

“By the way, Seohyun will also be there this weekend.”

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Luhan finally stood in front of the main entrance of the hospital. His heart skips a beat. After school time is over today, he immediately took the first bus he saw to came here without even care to answer his friends question about where he want to go. He just rushed to the hospital as fast as he could. Taeyeon words from their conversation earlier are the reason why he was here right now. He needs to find the answer. Luhan then walking towards the reception desk before he was greets by two smiling nurse.

“Can I help you, sir?” The first nurse asked, smiling. The other nurse who looks a bit older is already speaking on the phone when he arrived in front of them.

“I’m looking for Dr. Park. Is he here?” Luhan asked carefully, gulping down his saliva down to his throat. His heartbeat doesn’t seem to slow down a bit at the time.

“Let me check it first.” The nurse answered before turning her attention to the computer in front of her, typing something that he doesn’t even know.

“Okay. We got Dr. Park Juri, Dr. Park. Minhwan and Dr. Park Junho. Which one do you want to see?” She questioned him after some time, still looking to the screen monitor.

“Well, I’m not sure either, but he is the Head Doctor here.” He replied wavered from his on answer. The nurse showed him both shocked and confused face upon hearing his answer.

“I’m sorry but I think there might be some misunderstanding here. The Head Doctor here is Dr. Han, not Dr. Park.” She tried to explained, confused with the situation. Luhan rounded his eyes in disbelief. Is it him who heard wrong or the nurse who mistakenly speak?

“Are you sure?” He asked again, trying to absorb the new information he received.

“I’m 100% sure that our Head Doctor is Dr. Han.” She stated, confident to her answer. At least, she is more confident than him right now.

“Can you check it again? He has a daughter. Her name is Park Chorong.” He asked again, not trying to give up easily. Getting enough courage after a month passes wasn’t easy for him and he will not leave until he found her.

“Park Chorong?” The nurse asked. Her tone of voice sound a bit confused. She just stared at him silently for a moment before trying to uttered some words but being stop by the other nurse, who already done with her phone call and hearing their conversation before.

“I’m sorry, sir. But we don’t know anyone with that name.” The other nurse stated. Her face showed no friendliness like before. She just stood behind the desk, looking at him or more exactly staring.

“She had been admitted here last month. Can you check it?” He tried to pursue once again, feeling a little hope left to find her.

“I’m sorry, sir. But we can’t.” Her voice firm, sound a bit irritated to his ears.

“Is there anything else that we can help you with?” She asked again but to him, it more sound a sign for him to leave.

“No. that’s all. Thank you.” He turned around, left out a sighed. Walking slowly with a heavy feat toward the exit of the building, he felt like all his hope is shuttered into pieces now. Whom he wants to fool actually? He knows from the beginning that she was not meant for him. His future already been written and she definitely was not part of it. She was just a dream. He sighed once again.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I’m home.” Luhan announced lazily closing the door behind him. He glances at the clock hanging highly at the wall above the television at the living room. It’s showed 11.30 p.m. The silence on the house announced that all s are now sleeps, except the one who are now on the kitchen doing something that he doesn’t even bother to know because it was the only source of light in the house right now.

“You’re back. Go wash yourself up first. My mom sends us some home-made cooking, if you want to join me.” Xiumin said before turning back to his work before which is from Luhan view is stirring something on a big bowl of pot on the stove.

“Okay.” Luhan replied shortly before turning his way to the stairs and climb up on it to reach his room at the second floor. To be honest, he hasn’t touch any foods today except for the coffee Xiumin shared with him this afternoon and that make his stomach rumble in hunger.

“Wait, I forgot to tell you …” Xiumin cannot finish his sentence when Luhan already disappeared from his sight, entering his room. Luhan open the door and enter his room only to realise there was someone laying on his bed, a girl.

“Seohyun.” Luhan spoke slowly, afraid to wake her up. He slowly moves to her taking a sit beside her laying body on his bed. He just stares at her sleeping face for a minute while his thumb slowly caresses her cheek. Seohyun seems disturb by his action when she suddenly opens her eyes, slowly.

“Hi. You’re back.” Seohyun greeted him half awaked, rubbing her heavy eyelids. He just nodded his head while helping her to sit.

“You weren’t here when I came so Xiumin oppa tell me to wait you inside the room.” She tried to explain to him, now on sitting position. Her eyes half opened, still sleepy. They just sit there awkwardly for a few minutes, not knowing what to do with each other. They haven’t talked nearly two months now and that really added the awkwardness between them. 

“How are you?” She finally spoke, trying to break the coldness between them.

“Much better now, thank you for asking.” He replied still not looking directly into her eyes.

“By the way, mom asked me to give you this. She said sorry for not visiting you at the hospital.” She said again with a happy fake voice handing him a paper bag and he took it, placing it beside the bed.

“Thanks.” He said shortly. He knew that she just try to break the awkwardness between them and he really thankful for that but he can’t cooperate with her. Not without after what happen to their last meeting. Luhan knew that Seohyun still mad at him about the accident but she just pretend that it never happen right now.

“Oppa, I’m sorry.” She declared, bowing her sight down to the bed sheet not dare to look him on the face. Luhan softened seeing her action. Why she need to be sorry when he is the one who at fault?

“Seohyun, look at me.” Luhan cupped her face with his hands and caressed her cheek with his thumps looking straight into her eyes. She lifted her head slowly, tears welling on both of her eyes. 

“I’m the one who should say sorry to you. I know you were mad at me before, and it is my fault you’re angry. I’m sorry okay.” Luhan tried to calm her up, wiping her tears with his hands. They stay like that a mere seconds.

“I should go. It’s getting late now.” Seohyun answered back turned her face searching for her backpack, avoiding his gaze.

“I’ll send you home, then.” Luhan replied stood up from the bed and turning his body to the door and ready to walk their way out when suddenly he felt hands on his waist hugging him tightly from behind. He tries to move but the hugged become tighter. 

“Can we just stay like this for a little bit?” She asked slowly, still not letting go of him. He can feel her warm breath on his back. He shocked with her sudden request but then he nodded slowly, allowing her action and he carefully caressing her hands with him. He closed his eyes heavily. Chorong is just a dream. This is reality. His mind reminded him.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

 

 


p/s : Hello guys!!!!! I'm back..... haha... :p Okay, chapter 4... I made it pretty fast because I'm starting to get the flow of the story (to be honest, I don't even know the ending of this story when I first start it..) first of all, I'm sorry for making this chapter a bit depressed but be anticipate for the next chapter (which I'm trying hard to post it in this week too) cause I got surprised for all of you... haha... :) secondly, thank you for those who comments and subscribe for me.. you guys are one of the reason I keep trying hard to regularly update this story even with my busy life... THANK YOU..... T_T  lastly, enjoy your reading... love you all!!!!!