Practice Gone Bad

Eternal Heartbeat

“Kris! You’re the best captain.”

“Luhan! You’re the Ace”

“Tao! You’re so handsome”

“Kai! You’re so hot”.

“Chanyeol! You’re the best”

The loud mix screaming from the crowd outside the court can be heard from miles away. Plenty of teenage girl standing there screaming their lung out to the boys playing inside the court. Well, can’t really blame them for that. It’s was EXO who’s playing now. I repeat myself. E.X.O. The hottest high school group of boys that we’re talking about.

“How did they know we’re playing here anyway.?” Baekhyun asked breathless, still not recover from the game earlier.

Luhan, Lay, Kai and Chen standing beside Baekhyun with their eyes fixed on the girls outside the court. Just like Baekhyun, they too still trying to catch their breath.

“Ask him.” Kris answer with his eyes fixed on Tao beside him before drinking from his bottle.

“What? I’m just telling Luna alone.” Tao answered innocently, raising his eyebrows.

“And she is the most secretive person in the world.” Chanyeol stated, his hands grab the bottle from Kris hands and drink from it.

“Well, that.....” Tao stuttering, realizing his mistake.

“Thank you so much to you, now we can’t ever play in peace.” Chen added the guilty feeling towards the maknae.

Okay. Fine. I know I was wrong. I’m sorry, okay.” Tao answered raising both of his hands as a sign of surender. He himself, confessed that it really his fault.

“As long as you pay after this.” Kai finally spoke.

“Again?” Tao asked, unsatisfied with the decision. Who doesn’t. Having to stuff these eater, he might end up using his one month allowance for one time dinner, only for them.  

“Well, its your fault, again.” Chen said, high fived with Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

“Let’s get back to practice.” Kris said, ended the fight between them.

“As expected from the captain.” Chanyeol ended the conversation. With that, they slowly running to the center of the court to start their basketball practice again.

Luhan and Lay starting to bounce the ball and pass it to each other. Just then, Kai came into them and trying to snatch the ball. Lay and Kai strunggling to own the ball when suddenly the ball being thrown to Luhan and he decided to make a goal when Chen came out of newhere to block him and they collide. Luhan suddenly lost his balance over his body.

“Luhan oppa.” Some girls shouted upon saw Luhan stumble on his feet. The other Exo members quickly running towards Luhan, worried about his condition.

“Are you okay?” Lay asked, helping Luhan stood up but fail.

“If this is your ways to escape my training, you’re wrong.” Kris said upon saw Luhan still not show any sign to recover from the acciddent.

“I think I broke my leg.” Luhan answer, holding his right leg. Pain written all over his face. Kris finally realized that Luhan isn’t joking about his condition right now.

“We need to take him to the hospital.” With that, Kris and Lay hold Luhan on both side assisted by Kai and Tao while Chanyeol and Baekhyun busy packing up their stuff on the bench follow by Chen.

 

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

“He just sprained his leg but, we will conduct further examination to see if there is any fructure on it. For now, we will put a bandage on it. The doctor said finishing his job.

“Do he need to stay at the hospital?” Kris asked, still consent.

“He don’t have to, but if he want, we can admitted him. In case he want a better care for his injury.” He answer.

“I won’t. I’ll be fine at home. Xiumin can take care of me.” Luhan interrupt, hearing their conversation.

“That is not something for you to decide.” Lay popped up from somewhere holding something in his right hands.

“I’ll get going for now. Anything you want, just call the nurse.” The doctor said before making his way out to other patient waiting outside.

“Your mom on the line.” Lay stated again, stretching his hands holding something that turn to be a handphone to Luhan.

“Hello mom. Yes. I’m fine. It’s just sprain. No. You don’t have to come here. I won’t. What? No. But mom......”

“Chen, Kai and Tao have something to do so they leave first. What’s up” Chanyeol said, standing between Lay and Baekhyun with his eyes on Luhan, sitting on the bed with a bandage on his leg while talking to someone on the phone.

“His mom.” Lay answer shortly.

“Owh” Chanyeol mouth form an ‘o’.

“I bet he will be staying here.” Baekhyun whispered, enough for him and Chanyeol to hear.

“Deal.” Chanyeol answer quietly, shaking their hands. Kris on the other side of the bed who caught their action shot a laser glare to them. He know them too well.

“Okay mom. Bye! I love you too.” Luhan finished his conversation with his mother.

“Geez, thank you Lay for telling my mom. Now she insist on coming here unless I’m staying at the hospital.” Luhan complained, handing over the phone back to Lay. Lay just smiled triumphly. He know Luhan too well. Luhan too stubborn to staying at the hospital unless it was an order from her mother.

“I told you he will be staying. You owe me.” Baekhyun said happily, but still in a low voice to avoid being heard by other members.

“Fine.” Chanyeol answer, accepting his lost to their bet.

Kris shot them the second glare. Baekhyun and Chanyeol immediately froze on their spot knowing they’ve been caught.

“I’ll go to settle the hospital admission” Baekhyun answer before hurriedly rush towards the door, afraid to face the leader.

“I’ll come with you” Chanyeol followed Baekhyun outside, having the same feeling with Baekhyun.

“Guys, seriously. I’m fine. It’s just sprain. I will just stay home.” Luhan still stubboorn with his decision.

“Letting no one to take care of you?” Kris asked, his voice firm compare to normal.

“I’ll be fine. Besides. Xiumin will be there to take care of me.” Luhan tyring to convince them.

“And let the others disturbting you. You know them better than anyone else. They can’t stay still even for just one second.” Lay reminded him.  

Lay was right. If he stay at home, his sprained leg would turn into a broken leg if he not careful enough with the members. Seriously, why can’t they stay still like a normal kids around their age. It’s abnormal. Right?

“Fine. I’ll stay.” Luhan finally surrender. He know he won’t win over s no matter how hard he try. Rather than arguing with them, he prefer to rest his body. Besides, his body still feel exhausted from the earlier practice. Kris training is a living hell you know.

“You’ll be fine here. Just take it as a vacation from the hell.” Lay said bluntly earning him a glare from Kris.

 

 

 

 


p/s : hi you guys! First of all, thank you so much for your comment and subscriptions. Seriously, I'm shock seing the response you guys giving me since this is my first time writing here. Thank you so much for the thousand times. Forgive me for the late update. My laptop broke down and the only chance for me to wrote is in my workplace. So bear with me. okay. For those who eager to know, it is LuRong story.. Goodbye for now.. kiss and hug for you guys!