For The First Time

Eternal Heartbeat

Luhan walked down the stairs in happy mode. Yesterday date with Chorong keep playing inside his head, keeping his spirit up as a smile doesn’t leave his face ever since. Luhan glance to the watch on his left wrist which show 15 more minutes to reach 9:00 a.m. There’s still some time left before his basketball practice will took place. Luhan intend to walk to the kitchen when he heard a knock on the front door, making him change his track instantly with a curious feeling.

“Just who is the one coming here early in the morning?” Luhan mumbled slowly to himself, constantly moved his feet toward the front door before his hand reaching the door knob, twisting it.

“Seohyun?” A name escaped Luhan mouth when his eyes were greeted with a familiar face. Luhan eyebrows both knit in surprise while his gaze doesn’t leave the girl in front of him right now. Seohyun lips curled upwards, forming a small smile.

“Morning, oppa.” Seohyun greeted with an excited tone on her voice. Her eyes glowing with excitement, making Luhan curiosity rose in an instant on what is the thing that makes the girl suddenly stood in front of his front door early in the morning like this.

“What are you doing here?” Luhan asked, tried to find answer for all the questions playing inside his head right now. Just before Seohyun want to spoke again to answer his question, a voice reach both of their ears, making Luhan move his head together with Seohyun to the same direction.

“Son!” Luhan eyes widen in surprise on what is in front of him right now. Both of his parents are here, standing right in front of his house.

“Mom? Dad?” Luhan mouth left open, still cannot believe what is right in front of him right now. Luhan mother instantly pull her only son into a tight embrace, letting out all her feeling on how much she miss her only son onto it. It’s almost been half a year since the last time they met with their son.

“When did you arrive here?” Luhan asked, still with his shock feeling looking at his parents, standing right in front of him.

“Last night. Seohyun pick us up at the airport.” Mr. Lu, Luhan father answered, giving a hug to his son with a light tap on his back.

“Why did you guys didn’t tell me? I will pick you up if I know you guys are coming here.” Luhan whined, felt a bit sorry toward his parents. They are his parent. It should be him who takes care of them and not someone else.

“It’s okay, Seohyun is there. We know you are busy with your basketball practice. Seohyun have told us everything.” Mrs. Lu added, moving both of her hands to cup her son face, observing it closely.

“You look good to me. I’m glad Seohyun is taking care of you just fine.” Mrs. Lu commented, making Seohyun face blushed in red from embarrassments. Mrs. Lu comment before really make her heart beat in excitement. Seohyun is sure. This is belongs to her.

“Mom!” Luhan words bring Seohyun back into reality. She looks up to the boy beside her, who is now obviously showing unpleasant reaction. Somehow, those faces making her heart shrink in sadness. She knows very well that the words that come out from Luhan mother before wasn’t something he like to hear. Not with her, at least.

“Where did you guy staying at?” Luhan asked again, still with a slight feeling of sorry for he not there to welcome his parent in coming to Korea.

“At Seohyun house. They’re too kind to us.” Mr. Lu answered while giving out a small smile toward Seohyun who is now cannot hide her bright face of happiness.

“Mom. Dad. Stop giving Seohyun and her family any more trouble. I’ll find you guys a nice hotel to stay.” Luhan said with a calm tone but it still cannot hide his true feeling to Seohyun. She knows it very well on what Luhan is trying to say. He doesn’t want to trouble her and her family because he doesn’t want to owe her anything. There is nothing going on between them and it will make him feeling uncomfortable for all her kindness toward his parents. For the second time, Seohyun were hurt with Luhan words.

“Are we ready?” Seohyun asked suddenly, putting all her felling to the side which bringing Luhan attention switch to the girl in an instant. His eyes widen in surprise, curious with what is the meaning with her question before. Seohyun on the other hand just maintain her no reaction face, ignoring the boy feeling.

“Ready for what?” Luhan cannot keep his curiosity any longer as he throws a question by himself, switching his attention to the three people in front of him constantly, hoping someone will answer his question.

“We’re going out today, the four of us. It’s been a long time for all of us to go out together. Seohyun was kind enough to take us out today.” Mrs. Lu answered, patting the girl hands with her.

“Mom! Stop giving trouble to Seohyun.” Luhan voiced out in disappointment. To be honest, he doesn’t feel quite comfortable to go out with her now after their encounter with Chorong last time. It wasn’t because he tries to take Chorong side on their problem, but, Luhan doesn’t know himself. Seohyun has giving him some kind of cold and uncomfortable feeling every time she were around him after that incident. Somehow, Luhan kind of scared to her intense gaze now.

“It’s not like every day we’ll be here. Seohyun volunteer herself to take us out today. Besides, she will become part of our family sooner or later. It doesn’t matter.” Mrs. Lu defensed.

“I’ll take you guys out on other day. Besides, I’ve got a practice to attend today.” Luhan spoke again, trying everything he can to escape. Besides, he doesn’t really lie about it. He really did a practice today, and Kris might kill him if he doesn’t come out today.

“I’ll call Kris to tell that you can’t come to practice today. You mom and dad are here and you need to spend your time with them. I’m sure he’ll understand that.” Mrs. Lu added again, broking all Luhan way to escape. Luhan sigh in defeated. There is nothing left for him to do if his own mother had said it that way.

Luhan took a quick glance to the girl beside him, who is just keeping close during this whole time. Luhan wonder to himself what is she was thinking right now. The girl who is standing beside him right now wasn’t the same girl he grown up with. She had change.

 

++*****+++*******++

Mr. Han can’t keep his eyes away from the lifeless body that lying on the hospital bed since last night. His hands keep holding those cold hands of her, hoping she will suddenly open up her eyes like a miracle. Without warning, a tear escape from his swollen eyes. The girl look so fragile from his eyes when the last words that coming out from her lips last night keep playing inside his head, making his heart ache in pain.

Mr. Han left out one deep sigh, feeling completely hopeless with the situation right now. He is well known for being a great doctor and on top of that, he is a father of a girl but he can’t do anything to ease the pain of his only daughter right now. He was hopeless to her only request toward him. What kind of father he is? Mr. Han keep questioning himself.

“You should go back and rest. We’ll take care of her. You don’t need to worry.” Dr. Jang, Chorong doctor and also Mr. Han best friend spoke up, tapping his best friend shoulder lightly hoping to give him some encouragement at the moment.

Mr. Han look up in front of him for a few second before a weak smile forming in his pale lips. He then looks down back to the unconscious girl, pale as ever.

“Do you know what the last words she said to me last night?” Mr. Han voice out suddenly without even moving his eyes from his daughter, raise the curiosity of the one listening.

“She said that she want to live.” Mr. Han continued, letting out a small chuckled by himself. The pain of feeling hopeless crept on his heart making its way back, leaving the old man with such unreadable feeling for the one who’s looking at him.

“Seokgu-ah!” Dr. Jang called out in sympathy, tried to comfort his only best friend. He had known him more than 30 years of his life and he also had known his daughter since the first day he brought her into his house 12 years ago. Chorong is his everything, his whole world, his life.

“After 12 years passes, she said those words to me, but I can’t do anything to help her. She is asking my help for the first time but I’m such a loser. I can’t even save my own daughter. What kind of father I am?” Mr. Han added again, letting out of his thought without holding back.

He saw Chorong for the first time when she was just 6 years old, after both of her parents died in a car accident. He was the doctor who is in charge of her parents, trying to save them from the fatal accident but he failed. And having to deliver the news of losing both of her parents to an innocent child, who just barely starts to live her life were a huge burden. Those saddening eyes which he look into it, the eyes fill with sorrow but trying to hide it from others is what make him attach to her. He remembers it clearly, those eyes telling him that she doesn’t want to live anymore either. Her desire of living is completely gone, together with the left of her parents.

“For the first time, I saw those glittering eyes that I can only imagine it before. For the first time, I can see that she start to keep on living because she wants to, not because she has to. For the first time, her disease wasn’t an excuse for her to take her life away.” Mr. Han continued again, spilling all his heart content out loud. He needs to let it out, before his heart burst in pain.

“I kill her parents, and now I’m killing her.”

“Han Seokgu! It’s not your fault she’s dying. You did everything you can to protect her since the past 12 years.” Dr. Jang commented, making his best friend turn around to look at him in the eyes. If someone looks at the man he was looking right now, they will not believe he was the same almighty Dr. Han people know him by. For now, this man is just an ordinary man who is a father to a dying daughter with a miserable condition.

 

++*****+++*******++

Luhan constantly look to his phone when it wasn’t even ringing. He doesn’t know why but a sudden strange worried feeling keeps coming onto him. Luhan feeling keep tell him that something is wrong right now but he doesn’t know exactly what the matter is and that make him more frustrated. For some time, he try to calling for Chorong but she doesn’t pick up her phone neither she reply to his message. That makes Luhan instinct growing stronger with unpleasant feeling.

“What are you doing?” Seohyun questioned caught on Luhan ears when he tried to reach Chorong once again. He looks up instantly in front of him, hiding his phone on his right hand.

“It’s nothing. Where are my mom and dad going?” Luhan answered, immediately changing the topic of their conversation.

“They are going to get something to eat.” Seohyun replied, taking an empty seat beside him. Luhan move uncomfortably on his seat when she sits close to him and Seohyun notice it. She can’t help but feeling hurt toward his action.

“Oppa… I” Seohyun tried to open up to say something but Luhas were fast enough to cut her words.

“About our engagement, I hope you’ll talk to our parents as promise.” Seohyun froze on her spot hearing those words flow from Luhan mouth. Is it too late for her to return back to their original place? The place where he is belongs to her only and not someone else. The place where she know he only look at her and not others girl. For the first time, she hopes all of this is just a dream. A bad dream she wants to wake up from.

“Is it too late?” Seohyun asked slowly but loud enough for Luhan to hear it. Luhan glance to the girl beside him who keeps her head hung low.

“My words before, can I take it back? This engagement, I want it. No. I need it.” Seohyun continued as she gather up all her courage that left, looking straight into the boy eyes.

“Seohyun-ah!” Luhan called out in surprise, shock with the girl sudden outburst.

“I can’t lose you, not right now. I need you.” Seohyun begged slowly, feeling tears are going to run out from her eyes any moments from now.

“You just need me to win over her.” Luhan answered back, making Seohyun eyes widen in surprise. She keeps looking to the boy face, looking for a solid answer on what he is talking about right now.

“Chorong had told me everything about you guys.” Luhan continued, giving her an answer as if he can read her mind right now. Seohyun remain silence for a few moments, observing all she just heard before an ignorant smirk suddenly fill her face.

“Are you now side with her?” She asked in ignorant, feeling her heart just being stab with a sharp knife because of his words.

“I’m not on anyone side. She is a very important person to me, so does you.So, I need to stop you from doing something stupid just because you’re blind with your anger.”Luhan explained, moving his hands to reach for her.

“Seohyun-ah! Stop all this childish argument. I know that you guys are so much a best friend before. So, stop being mad and reconcile with her. Chorong still consider you as her best friend up until now, even after all that happen between you guys.”

“Did you know that you’re being like this, trying to get us back together making me to hate her much more?” Seohyun last words leave Luhan in complete shock as she stood up from her seat and leave the scene as fast as she could.

 

++*****+++*******++

Chanyeol running as fast as he could from the moment he got a phone call from her sister when he is still in the middle of practice. His heart beating so fast not from the running but from the scared feeling he got after he heard the shock news.Chorong is currently in a hospital. Those simple words reach into his ears from the end of the other line making his world collapse in an instant.

As much as it comes to a shock to his friend, being a supportive one, Kris, Chen and Lay offer to accompany him to the hospital. Chanyeol really thankful for that as he knows he wasn’t strong enough to face the reality. Even though Chorong is just a cousin to him, she had been a great one on that. Considering how much she suffers since they were kid but still be able to smile, Chanyeol admire her on that aspect.

They were not that close from the beginning, considering her condition which making her became a regular visitor to the hospital. Because of that, they haven’t got any chance to get close to each other. But, when her parents died in a car accident, Chanyeol start looking at her in different way for the first time. She never shows her hurt feeling to anyone. She keeps on smiling, assuring everyone beside her that she is doing fine with her life. From that moments onward, Chanyeol promise to himself to protect her just like his own life.

“I’m sorry to interrupt at this time, but shouldn’t we tell Luhan hyung about this too?” Chen voice out carefully, afraid to offend someone at this crucial time. Chen question suddenly knock Chanyeol on his head. Chen was right. They need to tell Luhan about the matter but suddenly, a scene of him with Chorong a few months ago getting inside his head.

“Don’t tell him anything.” Chorong warned firmly, keeping her intense gaze toward him.

“Shouldn’t he know about it too?” Chanyeol asked back, curious with his cousin decision.

“Don’t. I’m begging you. Please don’t tell him.” Chorong begged, holding tightly onto her cousin arms. Her eyes fill up with worries.

“Why?” Chanyeol asked again, not satisfied with her answer. Just what is she thinking right now? How come she expects him to keep this ‘big’ matter from the one she love? His best friend? It is a matter of life and death. What have gotten into her to make her made that kind of decision?

Chorong look deeply onto Chanyeol eyes, trying to find courage to answer him back. Her eyes already got teary, anytime soon it will burst. Her pale lips tremble a bit.

“I’m afraid of losing him. I’m very scared, Chanyeol-ah.” Chorong said, not leaving her gaze from the boy eyes.

“Luhan hyung is my friend and I know him very well. He would never leave you even after he knows your condition. He is not that type of person.” Chanyeol defense his stand decision, still cannot accept his cousin decision.

“I’m afraid I’ll be the one leaving him.” Chorong yelled out her thought, making Chanyeol froze on his spot upon hearing those words. Chorong left out a deep sight before continue with her words.

“After meeting him, I woke up every day with uncertainty toward myself whether I could keep meeting him today or not. I’m afraid I might not get to meet him one day because I will be dead. I want to keep seeing him. I want to keep on living. I just scared that that day of me not be able to see him anymore will come true.”

Chanyeol swallow hard his own saliva down to his throat. He finally makes his decision, even when it means that she will hate him after that for this.

“I’m sorry, cousin. I can’t keep my promise to you. He deserves to know. You, deserve to be happy.” Chanyeol thought on his mind, slowly dialing someone number on his phone.

 

++*****+++*******++

 


p/s : Greeting to all the readers after a long time.. I;m sorry for it take me a little bit longer to come up with a new chapter... I'm sooooo sorry... Honestly, I'm a bit lost with my own plot as I don't know what should I write for the next chapter... T_T

Anyway, enjoy the latest update and please do leave your comments below... I need an inspiration to continue for the nest chapter... and... and.. and... wish me luck for my upcoming exam in wednesday & thursday.. I'm scared!!!!! :(

Last but not least, R.I.P to Ladies Code EunB and RiSe... I may not be a fan but their death do affect me in some way... what touch me the most is when I'm reading a fan tweeted about a question asked to RiSe last month : Earlier last month, a fan tweeted RiSe asking her which member she wanted to take care of and who she felt most uncomfortable leaving alone. She responded by saying: ‘EunB!!!!!♡’.