The Answer

Eternal Heartbeat

“Nervous?” Lay asked turning his head to Luhan beside him, sitting on the player chair outside the court, taping his finger on his thigh anxiously. Luhan eyes look around him a few times, scanning through the crowded audience as if he is trying to find someone in there.

Luhan nodded his headed to answer Lay question, cannot utter a single word at the moment. His eyes then fixed on the front again, looking aimlessly at few boys inside the basketball court. Their first basketball match is going to start in just a few minutes more but, that is not what exactly bothering his mind right now. It’s about Chorong answer. The promise Chorong made with him to answer his confession the other day after the match ended today.

“Don’t worry. She’ll come.” Kris said suddenly while taking the empty sit on Luhan right side as if he can read Luhan mind. Luhan turned his head to Kris while raising his eyebrows, trying to understand Kris answer before.

“Bomi call me before, they were both on their way here.” Kris explained, realizing Luhan expression. Luhan nodded again, still cannot find a single word to speak. His heart beat faster with Kris word.

“It’s a good sign, right? If Chorong already decided to come here, it’s a good sign that she will accept my confession. Or did she decide to dump me in front of everyone?” Luhan inner selves battle with each other. Luhan then runs his fingers through his hair, messing it with frustration.  

“If you still acting like this, I will personally ask the couch to hold you from joining the game.” Kris warned, feeling disturbed with Luhan action. Kris know that Luhan head is a mess right now and even though Luhan is a good player that can help their team to win this game, but not with his condition like this. And as a responsible captain, Kris has to make a tough decision in a critical situation like this. Luhan can only play is he can clear his mind completely.

“I still can play in my best condition. Don’t worry.” Luhan replied to Kris, calming himself down. Luhan know that his first priority right now is the game, not Chorong even though his heart said otherwise.

Kris eyes met with Luhan, observing him intensely for a few second trying to find the truth behind his word before he tapped Luhan shoulder lightly.

“I trust you.”

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chorong, Bomi and Eunji are now outside the crowded gym with many of other people, trying to pass through the door. After struggling and lightly pushing a few people out of their way, thee three of them manage to grab a seat on the fourth row of the bench. The gym was almost full with people coming to see the first basketball match for the year.

Chorong eyes run through the player seat outside the court which located at the center of the gym, searching for one particular boy. Her lips form a small smile when her eyes caught a glimpse of him. He was there, talking something with his friend which Chorong recognized as Lay. His face show both nervous and scared look in her eyes. Chorong suddenly felt like she just wants to run toward him and hug the boy, ensure him that everything will be alright. Chorong then look at the small black box that she was holding tightly with both of her hands on her thigh.

“This is my answer. And you’re about to found it out after this match ended.” Chorong murmured her words slowly, just for her to hear.

“What are holding on your hands?” Eunji questioned suddenly, pointing her finger to the thing on Bomi hands. Chorong turned her head to the both of them with her eyes also fixed on Bomi hands that were holding something. Bomi smiled sheepishly toward them before answering Eunji question.

“A plank cards.”

“For what?” Eunji asked again, not satisfied with Bomi answer while raising her eyebrows. Chorong nodded slightly, feeling the same curious with Eunji. This girl really acts weird lately, after dating with Kris to be exact. The old tough and boyish Yoon Bomi is gone, replacing with a girly one which none of their friends can stand to be around for a long time. Seriously, who can stand the ‘Yoon Bomi’ who acting so cutely all day long for a long time.

“Cheering for my boyfriend, of course.” Bomi replied shamelessly, opening the plank cards on her hands revealing what was written on it. Chorong and Eunji eyes widen and ashamed feeling surrounding them.

Go!! Go!! The best captain in the world, KRIS… My boyfriend, you can do it!!! Fighting!!!!!

“You’re embarrassing me, Yoon Bomi.” Eunji spoke while lowering her head, ashamed to face peoples around them. Chorong on the other side, face palm herself.

“Just say that you’re jealous of me because you can’t do it, just like I did.” Bomi replied mockingly, earning her a death glare from Eunji.

“Not even in million years.” Eunji answered while clenching her teeth tightly, suppressing her anger.

“Shut up. Both of you.” Chorong speak out, trying to stop both of them from fighting anymore. She herself are having difficulty to suppress her mixed feeling right now and she cannot afford to be burden by their childish argument again.

“Someone is nervous.” Eunji grinned to Chorong, realizing her reaction.

“Are you going to answer Luhan confession today?” Bomi turned to her head toward Chorong. It now Chorong turn to send them a death glare for their question before. This two really doesn’t know when to stop talking, isn’t it?

“I guess the answer is yes.” Bomi answered her question before by herself after not getting any comment back from Chorong. Luckily, Chorong didn’t have to kill them for cannot shut their mouth up because they already settle down.

“Look like you’re not the only one who cheering for him.” Eunji whispered to Bomi ear but loud enough for Chorong to hear it too. Their eyes scanning the crowd audience and caught a few other girls with plank cards on their hands. Bomi just show her uninterested face after seeing a few girls not too far from them holding a plank card that written Kris name on it. 

“Doesn’t care. He will only notice mine because I’m his girlfriend.” Bomi replied, showing back to Eunji her arrogance face before. She then holding up the plank card and waved it in the air excitedly. Eunji doesn’t reply but secretly mocking Bomi answer before.

Chorong cannot help but to look around them. Her eyes caught a few plank cards with Luhan name on it. Her heart shrinks in jealousy. Luhan got many fan girls and they all look stunning compare to her. She pouted her lips before trying to find Luhan sight again. He is now getting ready for the game with the rest of his team.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The last whistle blow from the referee indicates that the game is finally over. The boys cheer in victory as they won their first match today. They were hugging each other to celebrate the winning accompany by a loud clap from the audience. Luhan too, were busy high fived and cheering while hugging his teammates when suddenly he felt a grip on his wrist and a familiar face met his eyes.

“I’m sorry but I’m borrowing him for a minute.” Chorong announced before immediately grabbing Luhan wrist and pulling him far from the crowd toward the exit door. Just like being possessed, Luhan just follow her steps obediently leaving the people behind in a confused state except for their friends who already know the reason for Chorong action.

“This is it, Luhan. She’s going to give you her answer.” Luhan head spoke up while he still obediently follows Chorong steps without mind to know where they are heading to.

They finally stopped at the end of the hallway, covered from the crowd. Chorong turned her head toward Luhan who is now standing a few meter from her. Luhan face showed the exact same face his wear before the match, nervous and scared. Chorong on the other hand just show an expressionless face to him that makes Luhan gulp in nervous. Closing his eyes, Luhan took a deep breath, preparing himself for what would happen next.

“Tada.” Chorong cheered happily, making Luhan to open his eyes in confuses but his vision only met with a small black box. Chorong is now waving the box playfully in front of his face while smiling brightly, the brightest smile he had ever seen in his life.

“What is this?” Luhan asked, still cannot understand the situation they were face right now.

“Couple rings.” Chorong replied shortly. She then opens the black box on her hands and taking out the bigger size of the ring before finally putting it on Luhan finger, not even bother to ask his opinion. Luhan is in the state of shocked and confuse mind, not believing what just happen. He then turns his attention to his own hand which was grab by Chorong before to put the ring before moving his gaze up again to face the girl.

“You seem so surprise.” Chorong said, shock with Luhan reaction. Is she doing something wrong to him? Isn’t this what Luhan want from the first place? For her to accepted his love confession.

“Yes. I mean…. no.” Luhan stuttered on his word, not sure what to say with this sudden situation. He move his eyes from her, cannot bear to look at her in the eyes. Chorong expression darkens.

 “Is this your answer for me?” Luhan asked slowly.

“Well, what else could it be if I already bought this rings a weeks ago.” Chorong stated annoyingly, irritated with Luhan action. Luhan eyes widen with the sentence, turning his gaze to meet the girl once again.

“Then, what is the point to wait after my game?” Luhan asked again.

“I don’t want to look that easy in your eyes. I’m a girl after all.” Chorong explained, pouting her lips a bit but her expression already soften a bit. Luhan let out a small chuckles hearing Chorong answer which make her smack his arm lightly, not pleased with his action.

Luhan then take the box from Chorong hand and pull out the remaining ring on it before softly grabbing Chorong hand and place the ring beautifully on her finger. Luhan can see that Chorong is trying to stop her lips from forming any smile with his action. This cute side of her always amazes him every time he saw it.

Without Luhan even realized his action, he leaned his face closer to Chorong, reducing their gap until he can felt her breath on him and closing his eyes for what is going to happen next.  

“Luhan, what are you doing?” Chorong voice make Luhan open his eyes back, looking at her face which blink in confuse while moving her body away trying to create a gap between them.

“Try to get a present from my girlfriend.” Luhan answered innocently not aware of Chorong reaction. They stay like that for a few seconds when the silence finally broke from Luhan groan, holding his temple in pain after getting a sudden smack from her.

“What was that for?” Luhan asked frustrated, rubbing his temple hoping to ease the pain.

“For be such a ert. I already give you the present. This.” Chorong spoke with an irritated voice, pointed her finger to his hand that already wearing their couple ring.

“Then how about the present to winning the game?” Luhan questioned again, still not feels satisfied with Chorong action. That a normal thing for a couple to do right? Just a simple kiss wouldn’t hurt anyone.

“Here.” Chorong replied before moving her face closer to Luhan and kiss his cheek. Luhan face reddens with the sudden action and his lips form a smile but immediately covered it, pretending to still be mad at her.

“Look like I have to win another game to get more from you.”

“You wish.” Chorong stuck her tongue out to Luhan as Luhan laughed his heart out.  

 

 


p/s " Hello again to my lovely readers!!!! 

First of all, I'm terribly sorry for the very late update.. it's my fault actually for not good at finding the time to write in my busy life... I'm sorry... (head down)

Secondly, enjoy the new chapter... (I kind of make it a bit lame in my opinion) but I hope you guys would love it... (Please....)

And for the last, comment... comment... and comments for my story.. I need you guys opinion... And, owh just for the record. Don't worry my dearest readers, I'm not planning for an ending that would made me being killed by all of you.. I guess??? haha.. :p

Enjoy your reading, then!!!!!!  XOXO