Farewell is Coming

Eternal Heartbeat

“That is the more reason I can’t let him go.. Because you will only hurt him..”

 

Seohyun were in the middle of her ways toward the school library when her eyes caught a glimpse of a few female students which she recognize as her classmates chatting at the end of the hallway. Seohyun try to ignore their presence but her instinct tells her otherwise. Something about their conversation attracts her to come closer toward the group direction.

Seohyun then slowly take a few steps closer toward the girls while keeping her distant, afraid to be notice by them. To her luck, the girls was too immerse on their own conversation to notice someone else presence among them.

“Is it really true of what you have just said?” A girl with glasses asked while giving her attention toward the girl beside her. The other girls seem to do the same as they wait for the specific girl to answer the question before.

“It is. I heard it before at the Teacher’s Room. Apparently, her father came by the office this morning to tell the school about it.” The girl answered, convincing her friends about the new she just deliver just now.

“No wonder we don’t see her these past few weeks.” Another girl stated earning her a few nod from the other girls.

“But, Park Chorong.. Is she really sick?” The first girl questioned again. Seohyun heart skips a beat when a particular name being mention, her curiosity increase.

“I don’t know the detail but I heard the teachers say that she is at the hospital right now.” The girl answered again.

“If it was to the extent to be admitted to the hospital, then she must be really sick then.” The other girl concluded.

Seohyun eyes widen in shock with the mention of the word sick and hospital. Her mind tries to make up any sense with the current situation. Park Chorong. Sick. Hospital. Something told her that it wasn’t a good conclusion.

“What did that you guys said before? What about Park Chorong?” Seohyun decided to step up in front the group suddenly after she cannot longer hold herself to know the truth about the topic of the girl’s conversation before. The girls seem startled with Seohyun sudden outburst.

“Seo..Seohyun-ah!”

“Tell me right now. What is exactly wrong with Park Chorong.” Seohyun yelled out in anger and eagerness. She needs to know the truth right here and right now. Her mind remembers the scene from a few days ago when an uninvited guest coming to her house so suddenly.

 

++*****+++*******++

A few days before...

“Seo Juhyun. Someone is here to see you.” Seohyun stop her reading instantly when her mother informs her through the door room. She glances at the clock hanging on the room wall which shows it is already 20 minutes passes 10.00 p.m. She cannot help but to wonder who the uninvited guest is that come to see her late of night. As far as she remembers she doesn’t have any appointment with anyone especially at this kind of hour. Seohyun decided to just find it out herself before she slowly taking her steps down toward the stairs.

“What are you doing here?” Seohyun asked in annoyance as soon as she reaches the door entrance and her eyes meet with the uninvited guest. She wasn’t expected any guest to come to visit her especially the one right in front of her right now.

“Annyeong! It’s been a long time.” Chorong greeted with a smile plastered on her lips. Seohyun can feel her inner burning in anger upon seeing the girl smile, a smile that look like a mocking one to her eyes.

“I got nothing to say to you, so, get lost.” Seohyun warned with a serious tone but the other girl just remains calm.

“Do you hate me that much?” Chorong asked slowly. Her voice sound slow but firm. There was a trace of scariness on her voice making Seohyun froze on her spot. She turns to face the girl. There was something different about the girl in front of her right now compared to her usual self and somehow, it makes her wonder.

“5 minutes. It’s all you got, so, make it quick.” Seohyun announced before steadily look down to the watch on her wrist. She doesn’t know why but she doesn’t like it to look at the other girl in face as if she were going to lose to her anytime soon.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for all I did wrong to you, Seo Juhyun.” Seohyun eyes widen in surprise as she look up toward the girl in surprise, shock with her statement.

“About us.. and also about Luhan.” Chorong added slowly.

“From now on, I’m not going to get in your ways anymore.” Chorong stated with a small chuckles. Seohyun just stare blankly toward the girl. Her words were shorts but she can feel a deep meaning behind it.

“Do you take the wrong medicine to act like this?” Seohyun questioned but only be answered with another chuckle from the other girl.

“Maybe I take too much medicine.” Chorong answered playfully.

“About Luhan...” Chorong continued but being cut by Seohyun.

“I’ll take care of our problem by myself. You don’t need to budge in.”

“He’s a good guy.” Chorong finished. Her eyes wonder for a few moments as if she tries to remember something about the boy.

“I don’t need you to remind it to me. I knew him longer than you do.” Seohyun pissed off. Chorong act like she knows him better than herself, a person who already know the boy since the past 13 years.

“That is why you can’t hurt him.” Chorong reminded.

“Luhan is a good guy. You should sincerely treat him nicely. Don’t like him only because you hate me, like him because you do. I know you’re not a bad person.” Chorong continued. Her voice sound genuinely sincere when she utters the word.

Seohyun purposely chuckles in annoyances. She knows for sure that her heart is already melting with Chorong words but her ego keep stopping her from give in toward the girl.

“Do you know that I hate you more when you act like this? Are you going to brag that Luhan oppa choosing you over me? Are you giving your sympathy to me right now?” Seohyun yelled out in anger.

“Yes. You’re right. I’m so jealous of you. I hate the fact that I lose to you, not once but twice. Do you know how I really wish to be in your place right now?” She continued.

“I’m sorry, Seohyun-ah!”

“Just cut it out. You don’t know me. You don’t know how I feel so don’t act like you know it. You’re not in my place.” Seohyun finished.

Chorong stay quiet for a few moments upon hearing the other girl words. feels dry. She tried her best to keep her tears from falling.

“Do you know it?” Chorong asked slowly making Seohyun turn to her in surprise.

“Do you know how much I wish to be in your place?” Chorong finished as soon as a tear slowly making its way down to her face.

 

++*****+++*******++

Seohyun walks back and forth since the last few minutes in front of the door room. She tried so hard to find courage to bring herself to come inside the room. For the umpteenth times, her eyes stare blankly at the name attach on the door. The familiar name that send shiver down to her spine every time she try to believe what were in front of her right now is real.

Collecting her strength, Seohyun hand slowly reaches toward the door knob before spin it revealing what was inside the cold room. Her eyes finally caught a familiar figure lying lifelessly on the bed with wires attach to her petite body everywhere.

Suddenly, reality hit her hard. It was all real. The lifeless figure on the bed right now is the same person she thought it would be. The person she tries so hard to hate since a few years before but she cannot bring herself up to genuinely hate her. That person is also the same person who once gives her the smile on her lips.

“What happen to you?” Seohyun questioned left hanging as she stares toward the other girl. She looks skinnier since the last time she saw her a few days ago. Her skins were so pale that Seohyun can see a few bruises here and there probably because of all the wires that attach to her body.

“Are you going to fight me with your condition like this?” Seohyun questioned again somehow hope to get an answer from the lying girl.

“Ya! Park Chorong! If you’re going to be like this, how can I fight you? You need to wake up for me to win against you in fair and square.” Seohyun added again. She really wishes that somehow the girl would miraculously get up from the bed to fight her back like the old her.   

Seohyun try to utter something else when her ears caught the sound of machine beeping rapidly in a fast motion. Her eyes widen in surprise. Seohyun panic not knowing what to do at the moment.

“Park Chorong! Wake up!” Seohyun yelled out in fear. The thought that she might lose her at that moment scared her and she doesn’t know why. Hurriedly, her finger press the emergency button above the bed before escaping herself from the room after making sure that the doctor is coming toward the room.

Seohyun carefully hide behind a corner near the room, waiting restlessly for the girl current condition. Her eyes then caught a familiar figure standing in front of the room. His faces look scare and weary. A look that she never before saw on his face. His hands tremble in fear making her heart ache in pain. She finally saw it. She didn’t want to admit it before but now, she finally saw it with her own eyes. His love toward her, it is real. Seohyun fist clench tightly. Not because of the jealousy but because of the pain.

“I’m sorry, Chorong-ah. I cannot longer letting him to stay by your side. Because I already saw it, I saw how much pain he endures. That is the more reason I can’t let him go, because you’ll only hurt him.” Seohyun vowed.  

 

++*****+++*******++

 

 

 

 

 


p/s : Greeting to all of you!!! I'm sorry it's take me a while for another update... I try to finish up the chapter as fast as I could but something come up... huhu.. anyways, I've that taken care of and I'm back to write again... yes!!!! And also, thank you so much for the new readers!!! you guys are awesome!!!! hahaha... anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter and see you around (soon I hope) ...