Safe

Eternal Heartbeat

“Seohyun? What are you going here?” Luhan asked in disbelief, cannot belief his own eyes with what he just saw right now. Seohyun is standing a few meters from him and Chorong, looking pale as if she just saw a ghost while holding something on her shaking hands.

“Hello, Seo. Long time no see.” Chorong spoke up, making Luhan turn his head in an instant hearing the words coming out from the girl mouth. Are they knew each other?

“Hello, Park Chorong.” Seohun replied formally, turning her hands into a fist trying as hard as she can to maintain her expression. She was right. All her assumptions all this this were finally proven. The girl she saw with Luhan on the match day was indeed Park Chorong.

Luhan look to both Chorong and Seohyun repeatedly. His face wasplastered with a curious expression, shocked with what he just heard moments ago. Chorong and Seohyun obviously acting like they knew each other from before but something weird was bothering Luhan right now. The tense he felt, when the tow girl locked their eyes together is sending shiver to Luhan. As if they tried to kill each other with those glare.

“You..you guys know each other?” Luhan spoke up, trying to cool down the tense atmosphere where he still find it weird on where did it come from on the first place.

“We attend the same school.” Seohyun replied, turning her gaze toward the boy. Her face immediately changes into bright and bubbly one, completely different from when she was looking at the other girl.

“We’re classmates, as a matter of fact.” Chorong added, slowly linking her arm on him tightly as if she trying to find a place to hide on him. Luhan doesn’t know why or how but he can felt Chorong fear at the moment. As for what she was afraid of, he doesn’t know. Grabbing Chorong cold hand and holding it tightly with him, Luhan look deeply into the girl eyes, assuring her that everything will be alright.

“Well, it will cut the introduction then. Chorong. This is Seohyun, my childhood friends. Seohyun. This is Chorong, my girlfriend.” Luhan introduced. Seohyun can feel both of her hands forming into a tight fist once again hearing those words flowing from Luhan mouth.

“I didn’t know that you already got yourself a girlfriend. I’m always be the first one you tell everything if something happen in your life, oppa.” Seohyunsaid, trying hard to sound as calm as she can when the fact is, her inner self is battling with each other right now.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t get the chance to tell you.” Luhan apologized, feeling some guilty when what she say before is indeed the truth. Seohyun used to be the first one to know anything happen with his life but not now anymore. Luhan himself wasn’t aware of when that fact was change. All his know now that Chorong always be his first priority.

“It’s okay. As long as you still remember how important I am in your life.” Seohyun replied, putting one big fake smile on her lips. How can she smile right now when she felt that her heart being torn into pieces.

“Seo…” Before Luhan can finish his words, Seohyun was faster to cut him.

“By the way, I came to give you this.” Seohyun spoke as she hands out the plastic bag she was holding all this while to Luhan. Luhan immediately took it from her hand, peeking inside it in curiosity.

“It’s your favorite. Mom and dad went to uncle house in town and I told them tobuy it for you.” Seohyun explained as Luhan look inside the plastic bag, noticing a box of hanwoo on it. His lips formed a smile seeing his favorite food.

“Thank you. Send to both uncle and aunty my thank you too.” Luhan replied.

“No need for that. Besides, you know that I know you the best, right. No one else can know everything about you better than I do.” Seohyun stated with a higher tone on her voice, making sure the girl beside him can hear it clearly on what she is saying. Seohyun smirk a bit but quickly recover her face before anyone saw her expression as she saw the girl turning pale from her words.

“Thanks, once again.” Luhan stated once again, feeling Chorong grip on his hands tighter every moment passes. Seohyun flash him her smile, feeling satisfied with Chorong reaction before.

“Anyway, we got somewhere else to go, so, if you don’t mind……” Luhan spoke carefully, afraid to offend her but he also know that they need to get out of here in an instant as he can see the girl standing beside her is losing an energy by every moment passes. Chorong grip on Luhan hand become much stronger as she felt her knees will losing it balance any moment from now.

“S-sure.”Seohyun replied, quite taken aback with Luhan sudden words to her. She really doesn’t expect him to say those words toward her, especially in front of someone else.

“I’ll see you later, Seohyun-ah.” With that one last words, Luhan drag Chorong with him leaving the scene leaving Seohyun behind, speechless.

“Are you okay now?” Luhan asked, looking concern to the girl in front of him when they reach the front gate, securing a safe distance from the scene before. Chorong look around in shock state as if someone already taken away her soul before fixes her gaze toward the boy, nodded her head as an answer.

“I’m fine.” Chorong replied trying to sound as cheerful as she can be to hide her true feeling right now. but, Luhan is fast to catch up with her action as he can feel that the girl is lying to him right now, trying to hide something. He look straight into Chorong eyes when the girl trying hard to look elsewhere other than him.

Without realizing his own action, Luhan pull Chorong into a tight embrace, securing the girl a safe place to hide for now. Chorong was a bit shock with Luhan sudden action but immediately feel thankful to that as she feel a lot more safe than before, as if something is protecting her from any bad things from the world. Chorong replied back by hugging Luhan on his waist while resting her head on his chest, feeling his warmness on her. Her lips from a small smile as she can feel his heart beat at this moment, beating as fast as her own.

 

++*****+++*******++

“Are you sure you’re feeling good now?” Luhan asked for the hundred time making the girl rolled her eyes in annoyance but somehow, her heart keep fluster with his concern toward her.Luhan had keep asking her about her condition after their encounter with Seohyun this morning and seeing Chorong reaction, Luhan concern toward the girl keep getting higher. Not even once in his life Luhan saw Chorong like that and he kinda afraid on what is actually going on with the both of them.

“Do you really not going to tell me what is actually going on with you girls?” Luhan asked again, trying his luck to make Chorong open up to tell him the real situation. Chorong just replied him with a small smile on her still pale lips. Luhan nodded, taking the sign that Chorong wasn’t ready to tell him anything.

They were both keep in silence for a few minutes before Chorong finally moving her small hand toward him, holding it tightly while giving him the warmest smile she can create toward him.

“Seohyun and I are classmates. We’ve known each other for 4 years. We’re quite close at first but one day, everything change.” Chorong started, feeling the smile on her own lips fade it way slowly. Luhan who just sit beside her silently, quickly tighten the grip on their hand, securing the girl to continue.

“I don’t know the reason for myself but, somehow, she just starting to hate my presence in front of her, and for all, her world.” Chorong continued, looking straight in front of her at the blue sky as she tries to remember the bitter memories of her.

“I try to talk to her, to ask if I ever did anything wrong toward her for her to distance herself away from me but she just push me away, leaving me hanging with my feeling alone.” Chorong continued on with her story as tears started to flow down to her white cheeks. Luhan quickly spin the girl around, making her look onto his face before carefully wipe the tears away for her.

“You can stop now. I don’t need to hear anything more.” Luhanstated while his thumb lovingly caresses both of Chorong cheeks, flashing the girl his genuine smile before once again pulling the girl onto his embrace. Chorong try hard to stop her sobbing, trying to forget everything that happens before between Seohyun and her.

“Luhan, am I that bad for someone to really hate me?” Chorong questioned making Luhan pull the girl in an instant, looking straight into her eyes.

“You’re the most loving and dearest person I’ve ever met in my life. No one will ever be able to hate you. I can guarantee you that with my own life.” Luhancomforted her, smiling to her in the most genuine smile he can make making the girl chuckles a bit with his words.

“Thank you…. for comforting me like this.” Chorong replied, returning herself back into the smiling her upon hearing his comment before. Chorong really felt blessed right now as she was given a chance to meet someone like him into her life. Someone she can rely on. Someone who gave her the safest feeling she can feel on her life. And that someone is him, the one she love. 

 

++*****+++*******++

 


p/s : First and foremost, I'm very very very very sorry for the very long hiatus.. too much drama happening in my life and I'm tired of it.. my foster dad have been admitted to hospital to go through a surgery.. I've been busy moving into a new house.. too many work to be done at office and my sister currently busy moving in with me as she just finish up her study.. I'm sorry (bowing 90 degree).. to be honest, there is one point where I think that I just want to discontinued this story and focusing with my own life but then, I remember when I made a promise to you guys that I will finish up this story no matter what happen.. imagine how would you guys react and disappointed with me giving me enough reson to keep my promise... thank you so much... 

anyway, new updated (after a long time) and I hope you guys enjoy it... Sorry for any mistakes and gramatical error.. And please!!!! Do comment any thought of you guys... it give me a lot of strength to keep writing this story.. Thank you!!!