Stay Alive

Eternal Heartbeat

Chorong can’t stop herself from smiling widely since the morning today. Luhan had come to pick her up this morning to go on a surprise date together. What make Chorong more surprise is that her father knew it all along and decided to alliance with Luhan to surprise her with the date. Her father even willingly borrowing them his car and ask them to enjoy their date whole heartily.

As for now, Chorong doesn’t know what make her the happiest. Having Luhan to plan a surprise date for her or the fact that her father seem to be giving a green light about her relationship with Luhan or having Luhan right beside her right now, holding her hand tightly.

“Are you okay?” Luhan sudden questioned bringing Chorong back to reality. She then put a small smile on her face, looking to her side. They were currently sitting close to each other, enjoying the sunset view alongside the Han River after one whole day enjoying their date together.

“Perfect. Why are you asking?” Chorong replied.

“Your mind seem to be absent from here. Something bothering you?” Luhan asked again while looking straight onto her eyes, showing his most concern face to her. Chorong heart flustered from the scene. Luhan always put her needed in priority rather than himself first and she like it. It makes her feel important on his life.

“I’m just enjoying the scenery here. It’s beautiful.” Chorong replied, switching her attention to the wide sea in front of her right now. Closing her two eyes, she take one deep breathe to feel the fresh nature air.

“Do you like the scenery here better or me?” Chorong spun her head around in surprise with Luhan bold question. Luhan wasn’t the type of guy with a bold action but his question before making Chorong widen her rounded eyes in shock. Luhan face remains serious, indicating that he is actually being serious with his question before.

Chorong really want to shout her lung out, telling him how precious he is to her. How she can’t live anymore without him. How he completely change her world. And among everything she got in this entire world, she can loses anything but not him. The moment Chorong meet Luhan, he already be her entire world.

Instead of answering Luhan question before, Chorong slowly leans her body closer to Luhan filling whatever space left between them. She herself doesn’t know where she got the courage to do the thing she is doing right now, but for now, Chorong just following her own heart. Her true feel heart. Closing her own eyes, she can slowly feel her lips attach to him. And this is the most beautiful feeling she ever felt on her entire life. Confessing her true feeling to someone she loves. Someone she dearly cares with all her heart.

They stay like that for a few moments before the both of them pulling away from the kiss. Chorong quietly opening her eyes shyly, feeling her face burning on the inside from the situation before. Luhan on the other hand just stare blankly with his eyes wide open, shock with the sudden encounter. A few minutes passes with silence as both of them doesn’t know what to do at the moment before a smile make it way to Luhan lips.

“I should have asked that question a long time ago if I know what answer you would reply to me.” Luhan word make Chorong gawked in surprise before her face was completely covered in red. She looked down in shyness understanding perfectly what Luhan were talking about. Chorong can hear a small laugh escaping Luhan mouth upon seeing her shy reaction.

Luhan then place both his hand on Chorong face on the both side, guiding her to look up straight to him. This time, there were no longer a laugh coming out from his mouth as Luhan finally return back into a serious mode.

“I love you, Park Chorong.” Luhan announced slowly but loud enough to caught in Chorong ears as he lovingly caressed both of her cheek with his thumb while looking straight into her glittering eyes.

With the sudden confession, Chorong can feel her heart beat 100 times faster than usual, as if it can explode anytime soon because of the feeling she felt right now. She can’t take it. This is too much for her to handle. Luhan is giving her everything she can dream of before in one time she felt like her heart would stop beating because of the overwhelmed excitement.

“We should get back home. It’s getting late right now.” Luhan cut in, turning his body to the other side but being stop almost immediately as a small hand grab his left wrist.

“Luhan.” Chorong called slowly with a shaking voice as she trying to suppress her own tears from falling down to her cheeks. Chorong slowly stood up from her sit while all the time her hands keep holding his hands tightly, afraid to let it go. Chorong afraid, that all of this is just a dream. A beautiful dream she always dreams on since forever. Taking a deep breathe, Chorong look up into Luhan eyes deeply, trying to find a courage she needed right now.

“Promise me one thing.” She finally said with hoping eyes, squeezing his hands tightly as if it was the last time she would holding that dear hands of him.

Luhan was taken back with Chorong sudden request and all the changes on her face but he decided to just play it all along. Luhan then flash to her the most genuine smile of him, assuring the girl that he would give her even the star if she wants it.

“Anything.” He replied shortly but it enough to make the girl smiling again. A smile that he would never ever get tired to saw for his entire life.

“Just this one time, please stay with me.” Chorong declared slowly, feeling tears slowly dropped down through her cheeks.

 

++*****+++*******++

“You’ve become thinner, Seohyun-ah.” Mrs. Lu commented, observing the girl on her embrace with a concern face with Mr. Lu beside her, nodding his head in agreement. The three of them including both of Seohyun parent were already settling down at the living room after Seohyun came to pick the Chinese couple at the airport an hour ago.

Seohyun smile weakly with the old lady comment. As the matter of fact, she herself had notice it too. Lately, she doesn’t have any appetite to stuff any foods into as something else bothering her mind. Someone, to be precise.

“Does my son doesn’t took a good care of you?” Mrs. Lu commented again, frown her eyebrows in curiosity.

“Luhan oppa take a very good care to me, ahjumma.” Seohyun replied, feeling warm all suddenly as the old lady once again taking her into a tight hug. Seohyun lips form a smile eventually from all the lovingness she receive from the old lady that she already consider as her own mother for her entire life.

“I think it was time for you to start calling me omma, right?” Mrs. Lu suggested, giving Seohyun one meaningful grin as Seohyun look down to her own feet, feeling shy all of sudden from the sudden suggestion. All the others at the living room burst into a laugh upon seeing Seohyun reaction.

“Omma.” Seohyun called out shyly to the older lady, not moving her eyes from the floor.

Aigo, my baby girl. You’ve grown up so much.” Seohyun can heard her father comment playfully as she felt his hand slowly patting her head lightly as Mrs. Lu keep holding Seohyun in her embrace.

She will never lose again. Not to the same person twice. This time, it her turn to win and that girl couldn’t do anything to stop her. Anything can stop her right now. From the start, the place beside Luhan is belong to her, and no one can take snatch that place from her.

 

++*****+++*******++

“Go inside. It’s getting cold.” Luhan instructed after the both of them finally reach in front of Chorong house. Caressing Chorong cheek for the last time while giving her his wide smile, Luhan finally started to walk away from the scene before his hand suddenly being pull back by Chorong. Luhan turned around in curiosity, arching his eyebrows.

“I just want you to know that today is the best day of my life. Thank you.” Chorong declared suddenly, making Luhan lips turned upward with a smile as he slowly pulling the girl into his embrace. Luhan then slowly kissing the girl temple gently, trying to show the girl how much he loves her. Luhan can feel Chorong hug getting tighter around his waist.

“How am I going to leave you if you keep acting like this? I got a practice tomorrow.” Luhan layfully raise his voice, jokingly getting mad at Chorong.

“I’m sorry. You should get back now. It’s late.” Chorong replied, pulling herself from the hug. Luhan left out a small chuckle with Chorong reaction.

“I’ll see you again tomorrow. Bye.”

“Bye.” Chorong replied, waving Luhan goodbye until he completely disappeared from her sight. Slowly, Chorong let her hand down to the both side of her body, feeling all alone so suddenly. She walked slowly toward the front door, walking pass through it before closing it back. Right then, she felt a sudden pain on her heart. Some unbearable feeling she can’t hold up, causing tears to fall down once again on her pale cheeks. Holding her left chest that felt the pain and sudden weight being put on it, Chorong squinted down, leaning against the front door heavily.

“How was the date?” A voice suddenly echoed through the hallway and caught on Chorong ears but she felt so weak to reply to the voice. Her eyes shut tightly as she keeps trying to suppress the pain she bearing right now.

“Sweetie.” The voice called out again after not getting any response from her.

“Chorong.” Chorong can hear the voice calling out again and again, closer each time to her whereabouts.

“Oh my God. Sweetheart!” Mr. Han voice out in surprise as he can saw his daughter, weakly leaning against the door with her right hand keep holding to her left chest as pain written all over her face. Cold sweats can be seen dripping from her temple.

“Honey. Chorong. Hang on.” Mr. Han said in panic, carefully trying to carrying her onto his hands. All this while, Chorong eyes keep closed in tightly, showing how pain she is right now. Suddenly, Chorong hand grabs the old man hand as she struggling to open her eyes. Her lips slightly parted, wanting to say something but stuck on her dry throat. Chorong gulped down painfully her own saliva as she spoke out.

“Appa…. Help me… I-I want to…. stay alive.”

 

++*****+++*******++