Because

Eternal Heartbeat

Luhan, Seohyun and both of his parents is in the middle of having dinner when he receives a phone call from Chanyeol. Luhan heart beating faster every second passes as he stare intensely through his phone screen with his trembling hand, revealing his friend name. Luhan heart seems heavy to pick up the phone call as if something bad will happen if he answers it.

“Who’s that?” Mrs. Lu asked, looking curiously to her son.

“It’s Chanyeol. He probably just going to ask me why did I didn’t go to the practice today.” Luhan explained, more to himself to be exact, trying to throw away any bad thought from his mind.

“I will just go outside for a moment.” Luhan excused himself, getting ready to walk out from the room after getting a slight nodded from his parents. Every step he takes to the door room, it became heavier as much as his heart felt right now. Luhan continue to walk passes through the hallway until he reaches a place near the end which less people attending. With a heavy heart, he dials Chanyeol number back.

“Luhan hyung!” A voice can be heard from the other end of the line with just a second passes as Luhan dial the number.

“Oh, Chanyeol-ah! I’m sorry about today practice. My parents come here so I just……” Luhan explained non-stop without giving the other boy any chance to speak up. Luhan just know in his heart, he doesn’t want to hear anything the younger one is going to say.

“Hyung!” Chanyeol called out slowly from the other end, making Luhan froze on his spot. That voice. That helpless sound of voice, Luhan doesn’t like it.

“Chanyeol-ah. I’ll call you back. I got something urgent thing to do right now.” Luhan cut in, feeling his heart is not ready yet with anything that Chanyeol is about to say. In fact, he doesn’t think that he’ll ever be ready to hear it, his heart telling him so.

“Chorong….” With just the mention of that name, Luhan felt his heart is going to explode in anxiety. The time seems to be frozen at that moment. Everything around him stops moving. Please, don’t say anymore word. He wasn’t ready for this. Luhan beg in his mind.

 

++*****+++*******++

Chorong open up her heavy eyes while trying to swallow her saliva through her dry throat. She can felt the coldness inside the familiar room down to her bones as her vision become clearer toward her surroundings. The same cold feeling she hate the most.

 Chorong move her body to her right side slowly before stop her movement in shock upon seeing a particular familiar person lying down next to her bed. Her lips form a small smile in happiness soon after while just staring at that face silently. The face she missed so much.

“Am I that handsome?” The boy asked suddenly with still close eyes, sensing the girl stare toward him.

“Uh. You’re so handsome.” Chorong answered playfully. She can’t even describe the happiness she fell right now. The feeling of seeing the person she miss the most as soon as she open her eyes. Luhan open up his eyes before decided to stare back to the girl beside him. A smile makes its way toward his lips as soon as their eyes met.

“This won’t do. I need to ask the nurse to give me another room. My roommate is already falling for me.” Luhan joked back giving him a small laugh from the girl.

“Can you not going anywhere? I’ll be a good roommate.” Chorong pleaded playfully, playing along with the boy joke.

“There is no other option then. I’ll just stay here because my roommate going to run away from hospital again if I don’t.” Luhan replied with a playful laugh. Chorong pouted in annoyance with the boy answer.

“You really are not going anywhere, aren’t you?” Chorong asked again. Her voice sounds more serious indicating that she wasn’t tried to joke around this time. Luhan can feel his throat dry from the girl sudden question. His heart aches in pain as he can see the insecurity through the girl eyes, afraid to hear the answer from him.

“I’m not going anywhere.” Luhan ensured shortly earning him a little smile from the girl. A smile that can’t even hide the pain she endures through her pale face. Luhan look away as he can feel his tears going to break away. The scene from a few days ago after he receive the phone call from Chanyeol replaying inside his mind.

“She asks me not to tell you anything.” Chanyeol stated slowly as he stand next to the shock boy. Luhan mouth already lost it sound as he just stares silently toward the girl lying on the bed behind the glass window. His heart aches only to see the girl she love the most lying lifelessly on the bed covering with all sort of wires to keep her alive.

“The only option for now is through operation. But she is too weak now to going through another operation.” Chanyeol continued again. Luhan close his eyes, getting enough view of the sick girl. His body seems to feel the same pain the girl is enduring right now.

“Luhan hyung! Please, say something. You’re worrying me.” Chanyeol plead. Since the moment he steps onto the hospital a few hours before, the older boy remains silence without a single word. It worrying him more as the boy seems not give any reaction toward the situation. Is he made the wrong decision by telling him the truth?

“Am I… not important to her?” Luhan tried to sound normal but his voice comes out as only a mere whisper.  

“What?”

“Am I not that important to her for her not to tell anything about this to me?” Luhan questioned again, facing the younger boy. This is the only question lingering around his mind since a few hours ago. Is he not worth anything to her for her to hide something like this from him? Doesn’t she think that he got the right to know the truth? Chanyeol seem to understand the older boy thought as he finally left out a deep sigh.

“Hyung, you’re wrong. You’re too much important to her that she hide it from you. Because you’re important, she becomes afraid to lose you.”

 

++*****+++*******++

 

 


p/s : I'm back!!!!!!!!! Finally after a looooonnnnnggggg hiatus I'm finally back.. This time, I'm dedicated to finish my story, starting with this story.. Through this past months, many things happen to me up to the point it make me wonder sometimes the real purpose of my life. I've hurt too many people along the way too.. So, I decided.. the least I could do is not to dissapointed the peoples who are with me throughtout this story.. Thank you so much for all of you who read this story..