Closer And Farther

Eternal Heartbeat

It’s 2.00 o’clock now, Luhan still lying on his bed staring at the room ceiling. For some reason, he can’t seem to put his eyes on sleep, his mind wondering around aimlessly. Luhan suddenly remember the incident that happened today. He’s smiling to himself.

“Park Chorong.” He muttered that name. The incident occur this afternoon playing like a movie in front of him. How he met with the boys, the angry face of the girl. How they end up running together and the incident inside the room. He doesn’t know why but the girl really caught his attention. And he can’t get her out of his mind.

Luhan thought suddenly disturbed by some noises from outside his room. The sound seems getting louder by any second passes. He then decided to check out where the noise comes from and slowly walking toward the door, opening it slowly.

“Hello! Is there anybody there?” He asked aimlessly, spotting no one in the hallway. It empty with not a single creature. His body shivered. Countless bad thought filling his mind. Suddenly he felt regrets coming outside from his room. Decided that he had to stop his mind from thinking anymore bad thought, he then turned back to his room door when suddenly his shoulder being patted from behind.

“Omma!” Luhan shouted, scared from the sudden interruption.  He is now sitting on the floor with eyes closed tightly, stunned by what happened a while ago. He stay like that for a while before his ears suddenly caught a laughing voice and when he finally decided to sneak a peek in front of him, that is when his eyes caught a girl standing in front of him, laughing out loud to him.

 “Park Chorong.” Luhan uttered the name, clenching his teeth tightly, knowing exactly what the reason the girl is laughing. She must be enjoying the reaction he gave a moment ago. This is the second time in one day he embarrassed himself in front of this girl. Seriously, he would be glad if anyone shoots him to death right now.

“Hi!” Chorong greet, waving her handed to him, still recovering from her laugh before.

“What are you doing?” He asked, trying to stand back on his feet. Chorong immediately handing him her hands to help him stood and he gladly took it.

“I can’t sleep.” Chorong answered shortly, looking straight into his eyes.

“And then you decided to scare the hell of me?” Luhan asked again, still mad at her action earlier.

“Errr… sorry?” She answered, smiling innocently. Considering how scared him before and how angry he is toward her action, her smiling seem to do the magic because he can’t feel anything right now other than to hug this girl in front of him. Her smile seem so genuine toward him until one moment he think he want to keep that smile just for him.

“Luhan?” Chorong voice brings back his mind to reality. He turned his body to face his door room, avoiding her gaze.

“I swear I’ll kill you if you do it once again.” He gave her a warning, walking slowly inside his room followed by the girl, pouting her small lips.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Luhan sat on his bed comfortably while his hands skillfully playing with the Rubik cube when he heard a knock from his room door. A woman wearing a nurse uniform coming into his room and stop right in front of his bed, and just stood there unmoving, without saying a single word. He frowned seeing her action. As he remembered, he had finish eating the medicine he supposed to take an hour ago and he can’t find any reason for a nurse to come to his room at this moment.

“Yes?” Luhan asked the nurse, curious to her purpose coming into his room.

“I’m sorry to interrupt you, but our hospital has some shortage of rooms and we were wondering if you could kindly enough to share this room with someone else.” The woman said carefully, eyes on the floor afraid to face him, he thought.

“Sure. I’ll get less bored if I got a companion.” He answered almost immediately, glad to hear the nurse request. It is indeed a good idea to have a roommate. At least, he won’t get bored like this and have someone to talk to, if his new roommates wouldn’t mind to that. But, to his surprised, the woman seems shocked with his answer.

“Thank you for your kindness.” She answered after a few seconds. With that, the door opened widely revealing a few man pushing a bed coming to his room and placed it beside his. He frowned, surprised to the incident. It like they were already standing by to push the bed into his room even before he agreed.

“Hi!” A voice greets him behind the door and he knows exactly who is that voice belongs to without even need to see that person. He smiled, dumbfounded.

Chorong walked with a smile toward his direction and sat at the edge of his bed, her left hand holding a brown giant teddy bear and she swinging her leg back and forth. She then turned to face his surprised expression, still smiling.

 “How could you……” he stuttered his words, can’t really believe what happen in front of him right now.

“I’ll be your new roommates.” She spoke that line without any problem, just like it is the most common thing in the world.

And that is the moment when Luhan realized, he was bound to her and somehow, he likes the feeling.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I’m thirsty. Get me water.” Luhan said, turning his head to the side, looking at Chorong who also lying on her bed playing with her phone.

“Can’t you see that I’m also a patient here?” She replied back, annoyed while putting her phone to her side and turning her attention to him.

“At least you can walk, freely.” He said back, emphasized the last word trying to get her sympathy. Chorong sighed, sitting on her bed.

“Can you just say please?” She asked, starting to lose the fight willingly.

“Please?” Luhan plead, blinking his eyes a few times showing a cute face to her.

“Fine. You just sprained your leg. I don’t know what else you could ask me to do if you broke it.” With that she slowly grabbing the jug place above the desk near their bed and heading toward the door before disappeared from his sight.

He lies back in the bed and smile happily. He really enjoyed the moment right now. Whether he enjoys asking her around and seeing her frustrated and annoyed face or enjoyed being with her, Luhan doesn’t know. What he knows right now is the happiest moment since he admitted to hospital or in his life, perhaps.

“Luhan hyung. We’re here.” Luhan thought suddenly being stopped by a noises coming from outside his room. He rounded his eyes widely. How come he totally forgets about them? Slowly, one by one of s entered the room, filling it with loud noises, as expected from them.

“What you guys doing here?” He asked bluntly, shocked with what he saw right now. Xiumin, Baekhyun, Chen, Lay, D.O, Suho, Sehun and Kai looked at him puzzled, confused with his question. They definitely didn’t expect that question coming out from his mouth when they visited him.

“What kind of question is that? We came to see you, of course.” Chen said, shocked with Luhan sudden question.

D.O putting a bag full of fruits they bought on the desk and getting a knife to peel an apple for Luhan helping by Xiumin. Suho sat at the edge of Luhan bed while Sehun and Kai were sitting comfortably on the next bed. Lay and Chen sitting on the chair beside his bed while Baekhyun choose to sit right next to Luhan and wrapping his arm around him.

“I see that you’ve got companion here.” Suho said eyeing the bed next to them where Kai and Sehun were sitting right now. Luhan gulped down heavily. How he really wish that this topic never come out.

“Wait. I thought this is a single room. How could you get roommates?” Kai asked, curious with the fact that Luhan got a roommate when it obvious that he stayed at the single room. All eyes focused in him when he still froze from the question. Luhan finally trying to open his mouth to find some excused shutting their mouth and pray she will not getting up here right now when suddenly the room door is being opened revealing a girl.

“I brought your water,” A voice spoke with the sound of the door being open. All of them turn to face the door, saw a girl standing there with a jug full of water on her hands. She also stood there, unmoving, shocked with the unexpected visitor.

“What a perfect timing.” He cursed in mind.

“Oh, Hello. I don’t know you’ve got visitors.” Chorong finally spoke after a few moments of silent between them. She then carelessly walking to the desk in which D.O and Xiumin were and place the jug on it before walking toward her bed. Kai and Sehun immediately stand up from the bed, backing away a few steps. For the second time, they were speechless on the situation.

“Hi! We’re Luhan hyung friends.” Sehun said trying to be friendly or more exactly trying to break the awkward moment here. All the attention is being focused on the girl, waiting for her answer.

“I’m Chorong. His roommates.” Chorong said, without trying to hide anything. Luhan face palm himself. Why these girls need to be so straightforward? And now, he could even bet his life on it that they won’t leave him alone until they got an answer for all these situation.

“I see why you don’t want us to be here.” Baekhyun whispered, leaning his body closer to him and smirked. Luhan cupped his face on the pillow, surrender on the situation.

“I’m doomed.”

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chorong finished cleaned up herself and getting ready to sleep. Luhan already lying on his bed also trying to sleep. Chorong climbed up onto her bed humming a song happily before turning her head toward Luhan direction.

 “Why are you here anyway?” Luhan asked suddenly, curious enough about her. In his opinion, she seems perfectly fine and he doesn’t see any reason for her to stay in here.

“I scratch my elbow, falling.” She answered shortly hugging her giant teddy bear, still looking at him.

“Causing you to be admitted here?” He asked again, still curious with her answer.

“When your dad is the Head Doctor of the hospital, yeah.” She replied pouting her lips while sighed slowly.

“Owh. That explained a lot of things.” He said starting to get the answer he was looking for about her. From the moment he saw her, she seems too comfortable and familiar with every inch of the hospital building. It doesn’t count how she looks so friendly with everyone in here.

“What things?” She asked, curious with his word before.

“Nothing. Why did he want you to stay? You seem fine to me.” He replied, trying to change the topic of their conversation.

“He wants me to do the detailed examination to make sure that I don’t have some hidden broken bones.” She answered. Her tone of voice sound a bit irritated to his ears.

“And you agreed to him?”

“He’s a doctor and my father above all. He just cares for me.” She rubbed her eyes sleepily. Luhan noticed her action and understand that she already tired and wanting to get a good nap.

“Okay, then. Sleep. I know you’re tired.” He tries to end their conversation. Chorong immediately throwing her body on the bed.

 “Just so you know, I’ve 3rd degree black belt. So, remove all your bad thought toward me.” Chorong warned him, fixing her head on the pillow.

“I’m the one who should say that. After all, you came here in the first place. How would I know that you have no bad intention toward me?” Luhan replied teasingly.

“In your dream, mister.” She answered before turning around and pulling the blanket covering her whole body. Luhan smiled seeing her reaction. He too was getting ready to sleep.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Seohyun heard footsteps climbing the stairs walking to her room. Her eyes still focus on the book she has been reading for the past two hours when she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

“Come in.” She said, giving permission to the person to enter her room. Her eyes still focusing on the book she read from the last 2 hours.

“Seohyun, sweetheart.” She heard her mom voice, calling her name from the door frame.

“Yes, mom.” She answered switching her attention from the book she read before to her mother, smiling.

“You know that Luhan had been admitted to hospital right?” Her mother asked. Seohyun smile immediately fade from her lips hearing that name.

“I know mom.” She replied shortly, knowing where this conversation is headed to. She then put the pencil she was holding before to the desk.

“Then, go visit him. He is you fiancée after all.” Her mother stated, trying to pursue her.

“I’m busy with my study right now. We got examination this week.” She replied back, trying to change the topic.

“Seohyun, he is your future husband. What is more important than that?” Her mom voice sounds a bit firm than usual.

“Okay mom. I’ll try to find the time.” She surrenders, not wanting to discuss the matter more.

“Make sure you did.” Her mom ended the conversation before closing her door room.

Seohyun closed the book in front of her, standing from her sit and heading toward the bed. She throws herself into the comfort mattress. He is your fiancé after all. Her mom words from before ringing on her ears. She turned to the desk beside her bed and her eyes caught a frame with her photo and Luhan smiling happily from last year vacation they went together. She closed her eyes and sighed, trying to put her mind in dreamland.

 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Luhan opened his eyes slowly when he felt someone shaking his body carefully. The sunshine from the open window caught in his eyes. He slowly getting up rubbing his eyes, hurting from the sudden light caught through it.

“I’m sorry to wake you up, but you have an appointment with Dr. Jung this morning.” The nurse spoke slowly, afraid to surprise him.

“Thank you.” He replied shortly nodding, trying to wake from dreamland. He then turned to side way only to realize the bed beside him is empty.

“Nurse, where is she?” he asked, confused to what he saw. The bed is empty and already being tidy up.

“Chorong have been dismissed early this morning. She said sorry to you for not saying goodbye. She doesn’t want to wake you up. You look so tired. She got some urgent business to attend.” The nurse replied with a sorry faces.

“Owh” Luhan muttered the word slowly, dumbfounded.

 

 

 


p/s : Hi guys!!! Sorry for the late update... I'm kind of busy this whole week. plus, I caught a fever... T_T huhu...

But, I'm trying hard to update before this week ended and so here I am.... For Chapter 3, I kind of making Luhan a bad boy type here (Don't kill me for that)... And the rommates part, too bad I watch Love Story In Harvard.. haha.. So, I hope you guys enjoys and don't forget to comment... See you guys next time... XOXO