An Unlikely Reunion 2

[That] One Summer [We Both Shared]

CHAPTER 07

A n   U n l i k e l y   R e u n i o n  II

 

 

KyungSoo’s been heavily avoiding having to talk to BaekHyun. It’s been a month since the incident and they only have 2 more weeks before school starts again. Truth be told, KyungSoo wanted to give in at times, but is too afraid to fess up that he’s the one at fault. He doesn’t want an awkward moment with his bestfriend so he shrugs everytime he thinks that it’s time to talk to him, assuring himself that he needs more time to plan a perfect apology. But that time never came.

 

“Channie?” BaekHyun has been hanging around ChanYeol’s place for more than a month now. He considers this as a fall back since KyungSoo didn’t want to see or speak to him.

 

“Hmn?”

 

“What say we head to that summer school festival that my cousin goes to? It’s not like we have anything better to do right?”

 

ChanYeol is lounging on the sofa with a magazine on his face. He didn’t feel like moving around too much in the summer heat.

 

“Yah! Channie!”

 

“Sure, whatever.” He mumbles, although if he will have it his way, he would rather stay at home and sleep.

 

--

 

KyungSoo steps outside their house and closes the door. He sees a familiar figure outside. He ignores him and goes the opposite side.

 

“KyungSoo! Hey wait up!”

 

“What is it JongIn? What do you want?” KyungSoo asks irritated. He walks a little bit faster trying to outrun him. JongIn swiftly grabs his wrists and turns him around. Why does KyungSoo always finds himself in situations like these?

 

“Come with me Kyung.” The taller guy grins at him. He isn’t even asking KyungSoo, he’s saying he should. They’ve been in a lot of circumstances like these since their fateful re-encounter at the mall. Eversince then, JongIn made it his daily job to bug him. Quite frankly, KyungSoo finds this a little bit entertaining at times as this keeps his mind away from BaekHyun.

 

“No! Get away from me. Go annoy someone else.” KyungSoo pulls himself away and starts walking again.

 

“But Kyung-Kyung, don’t you love me anymore? You promised to take care of me, forever and forever!” JongIn has put it unto himself to be the loving husband of the paler boy. He finds that teasing KyungSoo and getting him riled up like this makes him cuter.

 

“Oh go an egg.”

 

“Can I your egg?”

 

KyungSoo stops and blushes wildly. He looks at JongIn, eyes almost popping out. The latter only responds with a pout. KyungSoo almost retorts but JongIn pulls out something from his pocket and shows it eye-level to the boy in front of him.

 

“Will you be my date today Kyung?” He was holding two tickets to a summer school festival. JongIn couldn’t believe at how incredible big KyungSoo’s eyes got upon seeing the ticket.

 

KyungSoo’s always wanted to go to this school because of how appealing the curriculum they had was to him. But his parents insisted that he go to the university where they met and fell in love. He’s always grossed out at how his parents recount their college years whenever he tries to plead his case to them. He always surrenders in the end anyway.

 

Without second thoughts, KyungSoo grabs the tickets and heads for the bus stop.

 

“Does this mean you’re saying yes? We’re going to the summer festival? We’re going on a date?”

 

“Maybe, yes, and definitely no to your last question.”

 

They both ride the bus and settle at the back quietly. KyungSoo still had the tickets in his hand and he’s looking at it wildly. He doesn’t notice JongIn eyeing him still with an affectionate smile on his lips.

 

--

 

ChanYeol and BaekHyun entered the school and marvels at how many people turned out even when it was hot outside. They had a lot of street food lined up at the entrance. And some were scattered throughout the campus. They notice that there were also rides that have been put up like a Ferris wheel, bump cars, even a horror house.

 

“Wow, Korea University put all stops to be able to get more enrolees this year huh.” BaekHyun is in awe of how festive it was inside. He spots a cotton candy stand and immediately pulls ChanYeol towards it. “2 please!”

 

ChanYeol groans and shrugs as he let the smaller guy drag him everywhere. BaekHyun looked like a kid left to roam a toy store. He wanted to try everything he sees. From the potato twists to carnival-like games that littered the sidewalks. He even had ChanYeol win him a fluffy penguin.

 

It’s 4 in the afternoon as they lazily look outside their gondola. The Ferris wheel slowly rotates as it gives them a perfect view of the place.

 

“KyungSoo would’ve loved being here. He really wanted to get into this University. But his parents wouldn’t let him,” BaekHyun says sheepishly.

 

ChanYeol looks at him and offers a genuine smile. After all that’s happened, he was still thinking of his best friend. He’s happy that KyungSoo found someone who’s sincerely cares for him. He idly ruffles BaekHyun's hair which taints a quick blush of pink on the younger one’s cheeks.

 

“What should we call him?” BaekHyun diverts the attention to the white stuffed penguin sitting beside him.

 

“Let’s call him, Pororo.”

 

--

 

JongIn and KyungSoo enter Korea University. They were greeted by the same festive atmosphere as the certain couple earlier.

 

“Let me just point out Mr. Kim that we are not here as a couple, nor will we ever be one. It’s just that I’ve been meaning to see this campus a long time. Now seemed to be a good time as any.” KyungSoo stresses as he slides out of JongIn’s arms who was trying to place his around the shorter boy’s shoulders.

 

“Aww,” JongIn fake- mopes but just decides to shrug it off. Suddenly, he sees KyungSoo’s eyes widen. He looks at what the other boy was looking at and sees a blue giant penguin. “So you like Pororo?”

 

“Like him? I love him!” KyungSoo squirms excitedly. “Eversince I was a kid, all I remember asking my parents for is anything that has Pororo in it. I can’t believe I’ve forgotten how Pororo used to make me feel happy.” KyungSoo was smiling wildly. He was now examining the stuffed penguin encased inside a glass cabinet.

 

“Do you want me to win it for you?” JongIn checks KyungSoo’s reaction. At first his eyes sparkles, but after a few seconds they return to the black orbs that the elder boy was used to seeing.

 

“We better get going. I wanna see the other attractions too.” KyungSoo says flatly. His company’s heart sank as he thought he finally found something to relax KyungSoo. Another failed attempt he breathes.

 

After 2 hours of going around and checking what the festival had to offer, KyungSoo and JongIn find themselves in front of a horror house.

 

“Wow, they even have a horror house. This must be a pretty big event.”

 

“Horror house, meh, how pathetic.” KyungSoo says inanimately. Just then JongIn gets an idea.

 

“Is it? So you won’t mind if we go in it right?”

 

“No way are you going to trick me into going in there JongIn.”

 

“Oh I see. It’s pathetic because you’re scared. Is that it?” JongIn was now teasing the other. He really thinks that this would work.

 

“Fine. Let’s go inside then” He just didn’t think it would work so easily.

 

“J-jinjja?” JongIn stutters.

 

“Why Mr. Kim. Are you chicken?” KyungSoo flails his arms mimicking the flapping wings of a chicken.

 

“Oh you’re so on Mr. Do.” JongIn sneers as they head for the first entrance.

 

--

 

BaekHyun glances nervously at the admission booth. It reads: Korea’s Horror House, enter if you dare.

 

“I don’t think this is a good idea Channie,” he squeaks nervously.

 

“Aww c’mon Baekkie, they're just people wearing hideous make-up,” ChanYeol laughs as BaekHyun tightens his grip on the taller boy’s arms.

 

They were standing on the second entrance of the horror house. Business was booming for the said attraction so the management decided to open two entrances. ChanYeol pays for two tickets, not soon after they find themselves walking through a creepy hallway.

 

“Cha-ChanYeol, please don’t let go of me.”

 

“Baekkie, you’re so funny, we haven’t even gone far from the entrance yet.”

 

“But I told you already I’m sc-scared.”

 

Just then, the creaking wall behind them revealed a very pale woman who’s neck seems to be bleeding profusely. Her hair was dishevelled and a lot of eyeliner make-up covered her eyes.

 

“KIIIYYYAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! G-Get away from me!!!” BaekHyun panics and runs towards the left side of the hall in front of them, leaving Chanyeol laughing his off on the floor.

 

When ChanYeol finally collects himself, he runs after the scared boy. But instead of taking the left turn like BaekHyun did earlier, he mistakenly takes the right hall thinking that this is where BaekHyun ran screeching earlier. It was dark after all.

 

--

 

JongIn inspects the room in front them. Surveying the place, making sure that they can anticipate anyone trying to scare them. “Coast is clear Kyung-Kyung.”

 

KyungSoo follows him, shaking. Turns out, the younger boy is scared afterall but just didn’t want to let JongIn get the best of him. He squeezes the hands of JongIn more firmly that it elicits a quick yelp from him.

 

”Jeez, Kyung, take it easy. If I’d known you were really scared I shouldn’t have asked you to come here.” He says apologetically.

 

KyungSoo was in the verge of tears. It was dark and he couldn’t see JongIn’s face so he didn’t take hint of the rueful face that was being thrown to him. JongIn just seriously wants to pick this boy up and bring him of out that place safely.

 

Frustrated and angry, KyungSoo breaks his grip from the other and starts running forward.

 

“Yah! KyungSooyah!”

 

He doesn’t take heed of JongIn calling after him. He just runs and prays that any moment he’ll see the exit door. But instead he finds himself in a completely dark room. He stops and suddenly feels his heart beating wildly. He begins to cry. The room is quickly filled with his sobs. He is genuinely terrified.

 

Suddenly, someone grabs him in his wrists and hugs him. Hugs him so tight he thinks that his body would be crushed. But he doesn’t fight back. He cries more loudly and buries his face on the chest of the person who’s comforting him now.

 

--

 

“BaekHyun! Where’re you?” Chanyeol shouts. No response. He starts to regret having to laugh at the younger’s expense. He’s seen people break down before because of the experience they had inside a horror house. Guilt suddenly bites him as he frantically searches for BaekHyun.

 

He ends up in a dark room. He can barely see anything, but he definitely hears something. Someone’s crying. BaekHyun, he tells himself. He makes his way in the middle of the room and finds someone sobbing uncontrollably. He grabs the other person’s wrists and hugs him warmly.

 

Strawberry. The small person he was hugging smells like strawberry. BaekHyun uses vanilla shampoo. He thinks he might’ve grabbed a different person, but something about the fragrance stops him from making soothing circles at the back of the now wailing person on his chest. This was familiar. He’s been in this situation before. Lots of times in the past. He freezes, as he finally realizes who he was holding on to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***************************************

This is the longest chapter I've written for this story so far.

I'm certainly building on my promise to give you oosuɐɥɔ.

How was it guys?

I hope you like it. I just re-watched epidoe 10 of EXO'S Showtime.

That's why I came up with a horror house chapter.

 

Guys your encouragements and criticism would really fuel me.

 

Please do leave comments, neh?

'I love y'all' to my Beautiful Subscribers. *squeezes*

 

And remember:

oosuɐɥɔ is love