Unbridled Emotions

[That] One Summer [We Both Shared]

CHAPTER 10

U n b r i d l e d   E m o t i o n s

 

 

The dinner that they had was exceptional. He can’t remember the last time he laughed so hard at the littlest of things that the other had to say. He’s finally been given a chance to open up to a new world. A world that exists outside the walls that he created for himself. A world where hopefully, Kai won’t be able to reach.

 

Kai.

 

Who is Kai? Or, who was Kai? One thing is for sure, he isn’t here today. The man who’s looking at the pale kid in front of him is not Kai. He is JongIn. The wary yet impish boy who likes to annoy KyungSoo. The dark skinned JongIn that took a liking at this adorable and cute teenager who, as of the moment, seems to be shying away from having to look him in the eyes.

 

“Is something the matter Kyung-Kyung?”

 

“No. Everything’s fine.” KyungSoo cracks a smile as he settles his spoon down on his plate, finishing the last of his dessert. He can’t seem to forget the incident earlier nor can he figure out why he didn’t even stop JongIn from mustering the courage to advance on him.

 

He looks at his watch and it tells him that it’s 7 in the evening. He looks at the other and nods, hinting that they should be on their way. Soon enough, they find themselves walking the meager distance between the restaurant and the movie house. They walk side by side, close to each other.

 

Electricity shoots up from KyungSoo’s right hand up to his arm as it brushes against JongIn’s. He wonders why he’s suddenly awkward around the other boy. What’s changed? It’ only been a day and he’s done a complete 180.

 

JongIn takes notice of the sudden shift in KyungSoo’s behaviour and decides to act on it. He slides his arms around the petite shoulders of the younger and pulls him closer. He feels soft under his hands. Supple and fragile. Almost feminine.

 

KyungSoo’s emotions get the best of him as he lets JongIn proceed with his ministration. The strong manly arm around him is a sensation he’s never experienced before. And as much as he wants to deny, he actually likes it.

 

Not long after the short walk, they finally find themselves in front of the cinema. They basically have 3 choices: a horror film, a chick flick, or a thriller. JongIn knows better as he buys two tickets for the chick flick. He didn’t want a repeat of yesterday’s episode, so did KyungSoo.

 

The cinema barely had people, save from the few couples that occasionally strew here and there. They settle for the seats at the middle. There is a good 10 minutes before the movie starts and they take this time to measure the direction of their exploits. What exactly is going on between them?

 

--

 

BaekHyun isn’t having the time of his life, but he doesn’t exactly hate the fact that ChanYeol is exerting effort to woo him. Either way he’s in this already and all he’s got to do is play it out.

 

ChanYeol is distracted. He can’t push the image of JongIn and KyungSoo in the café out of his head. What are they to each other?

 

“I wanna watch the chick flick. I’ve had too much adrenaline for one week thank you very much,” BaekHyun says a matter-of-factly as the taller one pretends to examine their choices. He smiles.

 

“Then that’s exactly what we’re going to watch.”

 

They make their way inside and realize that the movie had started already. They settle comfortably in the middle row letting their popcorn and soda flank in between them.

 

After a few minutes, their eyes adjust to the dimness of the cinema as they watch silently. ChanYeol keeps shifting his position as the back rest of his seat isn’t enough to support his tall frame. He surrenders and sits upright instead.

 

He soon finds himself staring at the back of the person sitting in front of him. He sees that this guy was alone but quickly realizes that there was someone resting their head on the guy’s shoulders. He looks at BaekHyun and half expects him to move closer to him in an attempt to maybe do the same. A sigh of relief escapes him as he notices how absorbed the other boy was with the film. He promptly looks back at the person sitting in front of him.

 

He unwittingly discerns that they were both guys as well. He chuckles at the thought. ChanYeol takes a sip of his soda as the boy, whose head was resting on the shoulder of the person in front him earlier, lifts his head up and whispers something to his companion. They both snicker inaudibly.

 

Just then, something catches his eyes. A pair of heart-shaped lips displays from the other boy. It’s unmistakable. His ears begin to feel warm as his heart starts to pound wildly. He moves uncomfortably, trying to affirm his observation.

 

He looks from one boy to the other, hoping against hope that he’s mistaken. But what he discovers might very well become his own undoing.

 

--

 

KyungSoo moves his head left to right, as if trying shake off an uncomfortable sensation. JongIn takes notice of this and guides the other boys head to rest on his shoulders. KyungSoo’s eyes widen as he lets the warm hand play with his hair, gently ruffling them. He settles restfully and tries to avert his attention back to the movie.

 

He suddenly remembers something that he was supposed to say over at dinner earlier. He whispers to JongIn’s ears and their short conversation draws a smile from both of them. Why is this so easy? Why does it feel right, him and JongIn, watching a movie together?

 

He’s just about to rest his head on the other’s shoulder again when he felt something cold trickle down his left shoulders. He looks at JongIn’s surprised expression, coupled with his now wet hair and shirt. He looks up and saw someone he’s seen before. He’s tall and he had these ears that seem to have been planted at an obscure angle with his face so that it was conspicuously standing out.

 

JongIn recovers immediately and swiftly turns his gaze to the person who clumsily emptied his soda cup on him. What he sees yanks his senses in all directions. He impulsively gets up, not paying heed to the feign apologies the taller guy was murmuring, and punches him smack on his right cheek.

 

The four of them were now standing motionless as if waiting for one another to make the next move. ChanYeol reels from the sudden attack and launches his own. His fist hits JongIn’s face which draws a racket from the other people inside the movie house.

 

JongIn was about to retaliate but KyungSoo pulls him away before any more ruckus come out of it. He hears a lot of cussing spew from both guys’ mouths prompting him to pull JongIn harder and outside the cinema.

 

“What is the matter with you JongIn!? Why’d you punch that guy!?”

 

“He deserved that! That ing prick did that on purpose!”

 

“You don’t even know him! For god’s sake JongIn what’s the matter with you!? Why are you acting li--“ KyungSoo was interrupted by two figures emerging from the same hall they exited. A tall guy and a shorter one. He chokes as he realizes that the shorter one was BaekHyun. What catches him off guard was the tall one who had his hands scrunched to a fist as it smacks JongIn, this time, in his gut.

 

“Who the hell are you!?? What’re you think you’re doing???” KyungSoo pushes ChanYeol away and quickly helps JongIn up. He positions himself between the two who appear to be out for blood.

 

BaekHyun takes heed and holds ChanYeol’s arms forcefully. He glares at him which stops the other from pressing on any further. ChanYeol frees himself from BaekHyun’s grasp and stands menacingly in front of KyungSoo and JongIn.

 

JongIn pushes KyungSoo aside as he launches himself onto the taller guy. They both fall to the ground and a fury of fists and punches subsists between the two. Both BaekHyun and KyungSoo were now trying so hard to pull these two aggressive boys apart. It takes 3 security personnel to end the debacle, and to throw the 4 of them out of the cinema.

 

KyungSoo was literally dumbfounded with what happened. He looks at BaekHyun and something in him wrenches his stomach. He recognized JongIn’s aggressor as the guy who BaekHyun was with on the night of his arrival from Busan. Probably the guy that made him forget about his return.

 

He throws an icy accusatory look at BaekHyun and yells at him.

 

“Yah! BaekHyun! What’s the meaning of this!?”

 

BaekHyun’s torn between yelling back and apologizing. But right after hearing KyungSoo’s unsympathetic bawl, he retaliates.

 

“What do you mean ‘what’s happening!?’ You guys were the one who started this!” BaekHyun flusters. He didn’t know if it was because of anger or frustration.

 

We started this?? And I suppose let’s discount the fact that that giant boor with you just found it very funny pouring his drinks on us!”

 

ChanYeol squirms. Giant boor. What is he talking about? It’s him ChanYeol, his childhood best friend. Why won’t he recognize him?

 

“Wow! And I suppose you didn’t hear my friend’s apology then huh? Oh, yes. You didn’t! Because your friend just decides that a brawl is more in order. How pathetic and juvenile!”

 

“You’re the one who’s pathetic Byun BaekHyun!” KyungSoo’s voice was shaking. It was becoming personal, “Who between us conveniently forgets about his best friend, just so he can hang out with a guy!?”

 

“You’re one to speak Do KyungSoo!” BaekHyun quickly eyes JongIn, “You and your pretentious beliefs! Do you remember how you would discourage me whenever I start liking a guy? Telling me how they’ll just take advantage of me and nothing good will ever come of a relationship between two guys?? I should’ve known that was just a charade. You were just jealous. Jealous of the fact that I am comfortable with my uality, and am not afraid to embrace who I am. You are nothing but a conceited and hollow closet case!”

 

The haze of street lights and passing cars hastily disappears as emotions and conflicts secedes what was supposed to be a perfect day. A sound of flesh, slapped, echoes the soundless night as BaekHyun touches his cheek. It was red and warm. KyungSoo’s hand stays frozen in mid-air as everything that seems to hold them together dissolves right before their very eyes.

 

“I should’ve just let you die in that beach KyungSoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************************

So we now know that KyungSoo is a closet case!

*not that we didn't know he was ghei*

In this fiction anyway.

 

But ommo!

Baekkie and Kyungie were suppose to be bffs!

 

 

I must say, I'm pretty pleased with the level of angst I've introduced into this chapter.

I'm going to try to write some fluff in the next chapters though.

I don't want this story to be too heavy.

 

Comment on what you think so far guys.

Again, let me read your thoughts, I may get a good idea out of it y'know.

 

Love you guys!