Unbridled Emotions 2

[That] One Summer [We Both Shared]

CHAPTER 16

U n b r i d l e d   E m o t i o n s  II

 

 

Dancing has always been JongIn’s passion. A kid at three, and a big heart, he always showed his parents that his zeal was to express music into movements of beauty and spectacle. He grazes his hair as a smile bemuses his countenance while recounting something, or someone, who essentially rivals his first love. And now he’s waiting for that someone to remind him why he’s been patiently waiting for almost an hour under a rumpus of busy strides and walks. He drinks his apple juice and brings it to hollow as he throws it into the trash along with his first serving.

 

He fumbles for his phone as the non-existent text message and call got lost in a furore of incomprehensible conversations of people around him. He was getting impatient.

 

“JongInah~” comes a familiar voice, he turns around and quickly tussles the boy in a tight embrace.

 

“I thought you’d never come Kyung,” he starts smelling the familiar strawberry scent of KyungSoo. He holds the boy, both his hands clasping his arms, and starts to survey him. How is it that he’s able to woo such creature as cute and adorable as the one he’s holding onto now?

 

“O-kay,” KyungSoo breaks from the grip and takes JongIn’s hand instead, “How about this? We eat dinner together. You tell me how your day was and I’ll tell you how my first day at work went earlier?”

 

JongIn nods furiously, albeit still not talking, as KyungSoo vainly supresses his laughter at the other.

 

“I’m sorry for being late though.” JongIn was oblivious to this. KyungSoo’s here now, that’s all that matters to him.

 

“Let’s eat then. I’m starving! I haven’t had anything but apple juice since lunch.”

 

“Let’s.”

 

The two had dinner as JongIn starts to narrate to KyungSoo how eventful their orientation was and how he made a new friend already. His name is Oh SeHun and they are in the same class and year. He recounts how his school had large practice rooms and how his curriculum would eat up most of his weekends.

 

“But we can still meet up every afternoon. That’s what I was planning on doing. You finish your class everyday either 4 or 5PM, right? I finish at 6 so that’d give us at least 2-3 hours everyday to eat dinner and talk about stuff, and,” JongIn takes KyungSoo’s hands in his own, “Us.” The younger smiles earnestly and squeezes JongIn’s hands.

 

“Of course, I mean what else should a student do after classes but hang out and throw their homeworks away right?”

 

“You know what I meant Kyung.”

 

“I know JongIn, it’s just that…”

 

“I’m not rushing you for an answer now.” He squeezes KyungSoo’s hands back. “I’ll wait even if it takes forever.”

 

“Cheesy.”

 

“Okay so until I prove to you that I’m good enough, okay?”

 

KyungSoo stares at JongIns soft eyes. He wants to say yes at this moment and nothing should be holding him back, but he decides that maybe now isn’t the time, yet. His faint sigh gets lost somewhere in between the clattering spoons and forks of the diners around them. JongIn instead hears a hushed okay, or it might’ve been the guy on the other table who’s talking incessantly to the person across the table from him. He yields at the mellifluous chuckle of KyungSoo as he retracts his hands and finishes the last of his strawberry shortcake.

 

You’re worth it KyungSoo, I just know you are.

 

After the hearty dinner, KyungSoo and JongIn decide to walk the far distance between the restaurant and KyungSoo’s dorm. The park was picturesque especially now that the night sky litters it with stars that seem to sparkle an air of confidence. KyungSoo looks up and supposes that the constellations were oddly close. He swears he could just reach up and steal one, concealing a little bit of happiness for himself. The past few weeks have taught him to be selfish, but just thinking of how others might miss the star he pocketed instantly unsheathes a sad smile on his face.

 

JongIn is quick to notice this. He speeds up and picks something up from a nearby bush. He hurries back to KyungSoo and procures a frail yet brilliant yellow flower.

 

“Hey, is this the flower from your story JongInah?” The other boy simply hums. KyungSoo’s hair falls unnoticed to hide a part of his eye.  JongIn pushes it back and is greeted by a diffused yet tender stare from KyungSoo.

 

“Yes it is.”

 

“You chose one that’s almost withering,” the paler boy notices as one of the petals falls off and mutely touches the ground.

 

“But it still is beautiful, is it not?”

 

Indeed it is. The way the petal danced in the air before it beset the ground reminds KyungSoo of falling stars. How he would spend countless nights staring at the limitless sky just to catch a glimpse of one. He always wonders what happens to them once they’ve reach their destination.

 

“Do you ever think of what happens to stars when they fall from the sky?”

 

“Do you want to know?”

 

“Yes, I’ve always wondered where they go to after falling.”

 

JongIn stops and holds on to KyungSoo’s wrists. He gently brings the younger to meet his gaze and cups his soft cheeks with both his hands. He notices how the pale skin under his fingers was now flushed and warm. KyungSoo forcefully closes his eyes, yet there’re no hints of refusal from under the taller boy’s gaze. Air seems to thin out as the space between them gradually curtails and their bodies start to resonate a single rhythm coming from their chests.

 

“Kyung, is it okay if I kiss you?” KyungSoo whimpers almost inaudibly at the question, as he slightly bites his lower lip.

 

Time seems to abscond the while as two pairs of lips move in such perfect synchrony that words may not be indispensible at all to convey the reserved emotions they have for each other. Every movement tides in a sea of hands clawing the other’s back, hair locks carelessly sliding in between fingers, and smiles being swallowed by the other.

 

JongIn pulls away as their intertwined breaths part allowing the concealed gasps and passion between them leave their mouths. KyungSoo squeezes JogIn’s nape one last time as if anxiously seizing the memory, that inestimable feeling that comforts every fiber of his being. Everything around them is now slowly coming back. KyungSoo opens his eyes and sees a pair of dark ones looking back at him.

 

“There’s your answer Kyungie.”

 

“Huh, what do you mean?”

 

“For every star that falls, two lips meet. And as a final attempt to brighten the world it has dutifully watched over in its lifetime, these stars twinkle in our eyes.”

 

They both walk hand in hand as KyungSoo rests his head on the other’s shoulders. He can definitely get used to this.

 

--

 

ChanYeol looks at his watch. It was almost 10 in the evening and his roommate hasn’t come back yet. He fiddles with the small pink bottle he was holding. He stares at it and admires the Pororo character on top of a giant strawberry. This is, or was KyungSoo’s favourite, he thinks to himself. He’s going to give it to him, sort of like a peace offering for annoying the younger earlier.

 

Beep beep.

 

From: Baekkie

Sent: 09:55 PM

Hey Channie, are you still up? I just finished unpacking my stuff here at the dorm. Let’s meet up for baozi, can we?

 

ChanYeol squeezes his temple and thinks for a minute. He opens his drawer, pulls out a blue post it and starts scribbling on it. He looks at what he’s written down and smiles intently. He sticks it to the Pororo strawberry drink and carefully puts it on top of his roommates’ bed-side table. It reads:

 

 

See you tomorrow at work KyungSoo!

Let Pororo give you the energy you need!

Fighting!

 

 

He then inattentively pulls out a wind breaker from his bag and leaves the room to meet BaekHyun.

 

A good 10 minutes after ChanYeol left, KyungSoo is outside the door with JongIn. He was pressing for the other to go on home but JongIn is persistent. Afterall, KyungSoo’s not prepared on telling him that the lanky giant he had a brawl with the other week is in fact his workmate, much more his roommate.

 

“JongIn, don’t be so hard-headed, go home it’s almost eleven! I thought you guys had a curfew?”

 

“I know, but I just wanna see where you’re staying so I can imagine how you look like sleeping later.”

 

“Kim JongIn, that’s one of the most stalker-ish thing I’ve ever heard.”

 

“Aww, but Kyung-Kyung, please?”

 

“No means no, and that’s that,” He pushes the boy away and starts to open the door. He looks back at JongIn and smiles, “Now good night JongInah~ I really had fun tonight.”

 

Before KyungSoo had the chance to fully open the door, JongIn rushes inside albeit the shrill protests from the other. He quickly scans the room and recognizes that the left side belongs to KyungSoo. He props himself on the bed and sniffs the linen and pillows.

 

“KIM JONGIN you are in a world of trouble!” KyungSoo notices that ChanYeol isn’t home yet. He squints his eyes in defeat as he slaps the leg of JongIn who was making himself comfortable on his bed. “I’ll just be in the bathroom for a quick sec, but the minute I come out you better get your outta here, ok?” JongIn hums yet again as he closes his eyes, smiles and basks in the comfortable bed that belonged to the person he cares about.

 

KyungSoo goes inside the bathroom and hopes he still has time to shoo JongIn away before ChanYeol gets back. Meanwhile, JongIn carelessly stretches as he tries to dispel the weariness his physical body is starting to feel. He unintentionally bumps on something that was on top of the bed-side table. It fell down on the floor and rolled a couple of feet towards the other side of the room. He sits down and retrieves the curious pink bottle. He didn’t notice that a small blue post-it fell from it and now lay hidden under the bed, as he carefully scrutinizes the item. It was the strawberry flavored  Pororo drink that ChanYeol left for KyungSoo. He opens the bottle and starts consuming the contents and finishes with an ahh. He throws the bottle in the thrash can as KyungSoo opens the door of the bathroom.

 

“Yah, you’re still here. Go! Leave! I still have to wake up early tomorrow!”

 

“I’m leaving, I’m leaving! But, on one condition.” JongIn closes his eyes and pouts his lips signalling the other to give him a kiss. KyungSoo lets out a small what-the-hell kind of laugh but complies nonetheless. He gives him a quick smack, a hurried goodnight and a forceful push outside the door.

 

KyungSoo rests his back against the door as JongIn smiles while leaving the dorm. KyungSoo carefully lifts a slowly withering yellow flower in his hands and gives it a kiss as well. The night promised him a good rest and a peaceful sleep.

 

--

 

BaekHyun and ChanYeol leave a small convenience store both holding on to a baozi and a drink. They take a seat on one of the public chairs lining the not-so-crowded street leading to the university.

 

“Sorry if dragged you out so suddenly Channie. I just didn’t want to eat alone.”

 

“S’kay Baekkie, I don’t mind. I wasn’t doing anything anyway.”

 

BaekHyun went on for a good ten minutes as to how hot it is and how extremely difficult it was for him to bring all his stuff to the dorm (to which ChanYeol apologetically smiled back), and how excited he is for the new school year to start.

 

“But what about KyungSoo?”

 

“So, what about KyungSoo.” BaekHyun retorts with an emphasis on the name.

 

“I mean you guys are bound to see each other. You’re in the same University, same college and same year. I mean isn’t it time to patch things up? I told you I’ll gladly explain everything to him. How it was my fault that –“

 

“Shush Park ChanYeol! No one is going to explain anything to anyone, much more apologize. I realized how everytime we fought, I was always the one to say sorry to him, eventhough it wasn’t my fault. I’m sick of how he treats me more like of a pet dog than an actual friend. I just can’t let go of everything so easily.” BaekHyun’s words are tainted with regret and sorrow even how hard he tries to hide it.

 

“Don’t you crave for, closure at least?”

 

“All I care about right now is you Channie.” The words come out instinctively yet somehow BaekHyun didn’t know how it ended up as a stopper to their KyungSoo conversation. He mentally kicks himself and nervously sips his drink.

 

ChanYeol just smiles and scratches the back of his neck and offers a light mirthful laugh. BaekHyun looks at him and shies away the moment their eyes meet.

 

“I mean, you know. You’re my friend now – and we should care about each other. Right?”

 

“Yeah. I do care about you Baekkie. You’re my friend afterall.”

 

BaekHyun didn’t want to press forward. His emotions are a mix of bliss and regret and anything else from ChanYeol today might shove this precarious state he’s in. Since meeting him, he wanted to be more than friends, but he knew for a fact what they were at the get-go. He knows that there’s this indiscernible expanse between him and ChanYeol that’s keeping him from completely confounding that small part of him that yearns for something more than the other had to offer.

 

“Well Channie, let’s go. It’s really late. Thanks again for upping my offer for a late snack.” BaekHyun uneasily turns away. ChanYeol grabs his wrists and turns him around. He feels something wet against his forehead.

 

“Goodnight Baekkie. Thank you as well.”

 

ChanYeol releases BaekHyun and makes his way back to the dorm leaving the other still deep-rooted in his place. His hands caressing the place where ChanYeol kissed his forehead.

 

--

 

ChanYeol quietly enters his shared room and sees that KyungSoo is already sleeping. His bedside lamp was open so he had this rare chance to look at how peaceful he looks. He feels a warm smile slowly build up on his lips as he notices that the Pororo drink is no longer on the table. He sees the empty bottle on the trashcan and the smile he’s wearing grew to a grin.

 

I knew you couldn’t resist Pororo.

 

--

 

JongIn warily makes his way back to KyungSoo’s dorm. It’s already half past midnight, but he couldn’t restrain himself. He’s holding something and is beaming mischievously. He stops in front of KyungSoo’s room and plasters the item on the door. He swiftly leaves the dorm making sure that his jovial expression never leaves his face.

 

Duck taped on the door was a familiar pink bottle. It had Pororo on top of a big strawberry, and a message written in black marker. It reads:

 

To my wifey,

Let Pororo help you out today!

Fighting! <3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

********************************

As promised I'm back!

I wrote a longer chapter to make up for 5 days that I haven't updated.

How was it? kkk~

No direct oosuɐɥɔ interaction but I promise to try to have one on the next chapter.

 

I just recently went to a Korean store and bought this strawberry Pororo drink.

This is where I got the inspiration for the story.

 

Anyway, as always your comments and suggestions will help me out a lot.

 

BTW thanks to my new subbies!

*excited for EXO's come back*