Let's Go Back to Us

[That] One Summer [We Both Shared]

CHAPTER 06

L e t ' s   G o   B a c k   T o   U s

 

 

ChanYeol was walking down the street as he sheepishly grinned. He was holding on to a bouquet of flowers. His mind must’ve been in a scramble as he couldn’t tell what type it was, nonetheless they looked rather pretty.

 

He was determined to finally go to KyungSoo and remind him that he was his childhood bestfriend and, if he’d let him, they could still continue being one. He was flooded with memories and laughter they used to share. Eversince he and his family left that place, he hasn’t found anyone else that could make him smile the way KyungSoo did. It was KyungSoo or no one at all.

 

“It’s almost 4PM.” He said to himself as he looked at his watch. The details escaped his mind, but he finally found a way to have him and KyungSoo meet up. It was at the café where he and BaekHyun first became acquainted.

 

He was almost there, the sudden rapid beating of his heart told him so. What would he say once they’re face to face? Would they hug? Bowing seemed to be too formal. A handshake, yeah, a handshake is a start.

 

Chanyeol calculated and rehearsed the scene inside his head over and over again within the few minutes he spent walking towards the café. He found himself in front of the door almost wanting to run away. But he couldn’t. He mustn’t.

 

“ChanYeol, fighting!” He cheered himself on.

 

He opened the door and entered the not so crowded place. It still looked the same from the last time he was here. People were sipping their coffee while they talked endlessly to whomever they had company. The smell was aromatic and it filled ChanYeol’s lungs with encouragement.

 

His gaze quickly befell on a pale boy who was sitting on a corner, staring timidly at the window as his left hand supported his chin. His eyes were a mere expression of boredom as his lips pouted ever so gently.

 

He gripped the flowers he was holding and had the urge to throw them away, thinking that it might be awkward to offer him flowers. Afterall this wasn’t a date or anything. It was a simple reunion between two friends who lost each other, but are now back again. It’s that simple.

 

KyungSoo’s eyes wandered as he saw the tall boy standing by the door. He looked at him inquisitively as if telling him to make the first move. ChanYeol’s heart began to beat irregularly. His palms began to sweat and his feet seemed to have been glued on the floor.

 

The smaller boy sitting in the corner smiled softly as if to incite ChanYeol. He smiled back as he got the courage to walk up to him.

He sat opposite KyungSoo as they awkwardly exchanged smiles. ChanYeol scratched his temples and suddenly remembered the bouquet he was holding.

 

“For you.” He said in a deep voice. He didn’t have the courage to look the younger boy in the eyes while extending the flowers to him. It kind of looked like an aloof moment in a movie when a guy shyly gives a girl flowers.

 

He felt warm hands cover his. He shuddered unconsciously as he finally gathered the nerve to look at KyungSoo. When did he begin to grow this beautifully? He felt himself blush as he let go of the flowers to let KyungSoo take them.

 

KyungSoo earnestly looked at the flowers. He smiled that heart-shaped smile that ChanYeol missed so much. He remembered joking before that KyungSoo might grow up to be a good kisser. Not that he wanted to try and find out or anything, but the thought might have played in his mind a couple of times already.

 

KyungSoo looked him in the eyes and ChanYeol suddenly found himself swimming in his deep gaze. His eyes were edged by his beautiful eyelashes and accentuated by double lids. His lips did nothing to appease the nervousness that ChanYeol found building up on his throat. He wanted to say something but this wide-eyed boy across the table had disabled all his logic and senses.

 

KyungSoo slowly wetted his lips to reveal a much plumper and pink pair. ChanYeol regressed to his previous thoughts of wanting to find out how it would feel to press his own on those captivating lips. How wonderful would it be to tease them with soft bites and nibble them until they swelled.

 

He couldn’t hide his red cheeks now, but looking at KyungSoo seemed to be better than averting his eyes away embarrassed.

 

He was wearing a simple tee that showed a long and smooth neck. As much as his face was white and glowing, his neck looked supple, and creamy. How does it feel to nuzzle on that creamy neck?

 

And those tiny shoulders. Oh god, how can a guy have such tiny shoulders? ChanYeols arms would be enough to overwhelm that petite body, and he seemed to think that it would be nice to do so.

 

How long has he been gawking at him? Oh , I’m totally delusional.

 

“Uhm,” KyungSoo started, “thanks.”

 

ChanYeol managed to smile a modest one, although he’d rather beam a wide one just to show the smaller one how he appreciated just being there with him.

 

“Hey, think nothing of it Soo.” He wanted to become comfortable with him again. He craved for the bestfriend he had back then who didn’t give a rat’s how they acted around each other. Will they be able to get things back the way it used to?

 

“I just have one question.”

 

“Uhm, go ahead Soo.”

 

“Who are you?”

 

--

 

ChanYeol sits up immediately on his bed. He’s sweating profusely. He looks at the clock beside his bed: Four in the morning.

 

He presses his hands on his forehead and tries to recall his dream. Was it a bad dream that jolted him out from his slumber? It couldn’t have been because his heart was somewhat aching.

 

He rests his head on his knees as he let his emotions embrace him. Why can’t he recall anything? And why is he feeling like this all of a sudden?

 

He lifts his head and sees that the spot where he laid his face on his knees were wet. It wasn’t his sweat, it was something else.

 

He wipes his eyes and realizes that he was tearing up. He freezes and tries to fight back, but all he could do was surrender and cry. He’s never felt this much sad and alone since his last days in elementary. Those days that the world seemed to have abandoned him.

 

That one summer that KyungSoo gave up on their friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*******************************

 

I've had people ask me if this were a oosuɐɥɔ fic, and my reply would always be 'yes it is.'

And to alleviate your apprehensions guys, I did this chapter to show you that it really is.

I just want to build up a story and make sure that it get's really fluffy and angsty as the story progresses.

 

Thank you for subscribing guys!

Please leave comments on how you think the story is going so far, that'd really melt my heart and encourage me.

 

I promise to do my best and keep believing that:

oosuɐɥɔ is love.