Chapter 19

My Almost Perfect Guy
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kris was excited to see some old friends. It has been more than 10 years when they all lost contact with each other when all of them had been living in Korea for a couple of years already. He just found out that Krystal was actually dating Kai for a couple of months already. Amber and Henry are handling some companies and once their partner in a project, but they never got to interact or even see each other for they only had representatives. Jessica, a simple and loving housewife, just came back after years of working abroad. Finally, Tiffany, she wasn’t able to come for she has her trip with her husband to Thailand.


“Hey honey~ Just enjoy the dinner okay?” Jieun tried to be as convincing as possible but Kris could still feel and imagine her pout. If only they didn’t have an emergency meeting, then Jieun could join their reunion.


“I can just cancel the reunion today, and so I can help you there.”


“No Kris, I can do this. At least one of us should go there, but don’t blow up the cover yet. I’ll do everything I can to finish this meeting early.” Jieun convinced her husband and he sighed.


“Okay honey. Hurry up please?”


“Yes, honey.”


“Jieun, the board is ready.” Kris overheard Miyoon on the phone.


“Good luck honey. I love you.”


“I love you too.” Jieun giggled before hanging up on her phone.


Kris knew how much Jieun wanted to go but she was right, at least one of them should go. It would be hard for him to keep the truth, and surprise all of their friends, but he knows it will all be worth it.


As he entered the restaurant alone, the rest of the gang is already waiting for him. Amber was not as tomboyish ash she looked like, Henry looked dashing in his formal suit, Krystal was clinging onto her boyfriend, while Jessica seemed to stay just the same. They were in awe to see him in a suit instead of just a simple shirt and jeans. The cousins had finally matured and somewhat calmly welcomed their friend, which was so new to Kris.


“Where’s Jieun, I thought she’d come?” Jessica asked and Kris secretly took it as a cue, texting his wife that she really had to hurry.


“I don’t know…” Kris shrugged and then Kai suddenly choked on his drink, almost busting out Kris’ plan.


“Why did you leave the school? The both of you? We came back but then no more Yi Fan and Jieun. We also tried to call you but then it’s already out of reach.” Amber asked curiously and the other nodded in agreement.


“Well, if only Kai introduced Krystal earlier, then we wo

Please log in to read the full chapter