48장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Settling into a booth in the corner of the shop, I practically melted into the soft cushions. I had just arrived at a ramen house and I had no plans to leave it any time soon.

After ordering, I unloaded all my school supplies onto the table. Having nothing else to do at home on a Saturday, going to a ramen house to catch up on school seemed most appealing. Due to recent events, I had gotten behind. Having a day out of the house, no matter what for, felt good also. Sitting in my room and turning my curiosities over in my head was pushing me to the edge. I had to remind myself that Oh Sehun’s personal issues were absolutely none of my business.

Except, then I remembered that he gave me quite a lecture in the middle of the street and then cried on me. But that didn’t exactly qualify as “hey, be nosy and into my life.”

The best for me to do was finish my homework, because it wasn’t like I was going to waltz back into his house and demand answers and nor was I able to Internet search him and get all the facts. So I pushed myself to concentrate while I waited for my food.

A hour later, fueled by the ramen I had eaten, I was heading into a stationary shop with nothing else to do. Half of my work had gotten finished because my attention span seemed to be getting worse and if I did anymore math problems, my brain was going to explode numbers and unnecessary letters everywhere.

I greeted the owner with a bow, heading for the cartoon character supplies without hesitation. I really didn’t have any need for anything in the store, except pencils, but I took my time looking around and deciding what I wanted to purchase. My choices ended up being a set of Winnie the Pooh post-it’s, some teddy bear pens, and some polaroid film that matched the post-it’s. Without much of an idea of what I was going to do with them, I stuffed them into my bag and left the shop, heading down the streets of Hongdae for something else to do.

It was still pretty early in the day before I left Hongdae. I was paying for a blue hair clip when I figured a trip to see Grandma wouldn’t hurt anything. Any questions asked could be brushed off pretty easily; I was expecting they were coming considering how silent she was last visit. The old woman wasn’t an idiot but she was nosy.

On the bus ride over, I looked through my freshly bought items. My post-it’s would most probably end up stuck all around my room, containing notes and quotes from books and for school. I would probably end up giving the polaroid film to Jaeeun just because I never truly had a moment worth capturing or anyone to take a photo of; Jaeeun was the one constantly taking selcas and shoving her camera up people’s noses throughout family gatherings and friendly outings.

I fiddled with the hair clip. Never really much of an accessory wearer, I rarely bought these types of things. But it was cute and I didn’t own any hair clips. Now that I sat there, staring at it, I was tempted to toss it over the seat and let the little whining girl with her mom have it. My hair wasn’t even long enough to look nice anymore. I resorted to putting it back inside my bag just as the bus pulled to a stop.

“Grandma!” I called out, slipping my shoes off and tossing my bag aside.

There was a clatter and an “in the kitchen” and I trotted in that direction, where I found her clad in an apron with flour all over her face. I raised an eyebrow.

“Having fun?” I asked.

She waved me over. “Peanut butter cookies with white chocolate chips,” she said, stirring the mix within the lime green bowl she held in the crook of her left arm.

Now full of interest, I plowed forward and peered into the oven where a dozen were already rising. “I brought you some bread,” I said, placing the bag of said food that I bought in Hongdae. She gave it a glance before returning to the cookies.

Seating myself on a bar stool in wait for the cookies, I absentmindedly brushed my bangs out of my eyes. “What ha—?”

“I can’t remember the last time I saw you with short hair,” she suddenly said, placing small round balls of cookie dough on the sheet.

I sighed, holding myself back from glaring at the elderly woman.

“Go ahead,” I said, placing my hands on the counter top.

She looked at me over her shoulder. “Do what?” she asked cluelessly.

Withholding a roll of my eyes, I ended up going over and rinsing my hands off at the sink before holding them out for the cookie dough.

“You saw my hair last time I was here but you didn’t say anything,” I said, rolling the dough between my hands as she leaned against the counter. “You’re a woman of many words, Grandma. I had to get it from someone.”

She chuckled, wiping her hands on a dish towel. “Does he at least look worse than you?” she asked amusedly.

I paused my actions. She made it sound like I was some elementry school boy that had just gotten in his first fight. Resuming the cookie rolling, I started to shake my head only to stop a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter