39장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I huffed loudly as I threw the gym door open. It didn’t take a genius to figure out where Luhan had put my bag after reading that heartfelt sticky note. After checking the soccer field, I went for the school gym, sneaking past the janitor, who would very likely report me for lingering around at school after classes. But as I entered the gym, I was slightly taken aback to see Kim Taeyeon standing there with her ugly minions right behind her. I felt so exhausted just looking at the haughty girl a few feet away. What purpose were she and Luhan serving?

“What kind of pitiful entertainment are you getting by taking my backpack?” I asked as I stepped into the dimly lit gym.

Taeyeon shrugged, her expression showing no sign of amusement. “Nothing really. It’s full of junk food wrappers and all that crap. No wonder you’re so fat,” she snickered, her friends mimicking the animalistic noise.

As a reflex, my stomach sank in beneath my clothes. I frowned at the females in front of me, spotting my backpack lying on the floor in the midst of them. “Just give it back, Taeyeon,” I said wearily, holding my hand out towards the object. I knew better than to step into the gym and possibly have myself locked in or have the way out blocked and then get myself cornered by Taeyeon again. But just as that thought ran through my head, I felt a presence behind me but had no time to react when I felt hands latch themselves onto my upper arms.

“You can’t leave just yet,” Taeyeon said as the girls moved about, “we’ve got to give you a makeover first!” The tone of Taeyeon’s voice never would’ve suggested she was implying hateful deeds, but the look in her eyes and the current situation with my life suggested otherwise. And that was enough to have my hair stand on end and chill bumps to rise on my skin.

Glancing left and right, I saw  familiar faces. Luhan and Jimin both grinned down at me. My eyes instantly roamed, looking for the face of the devil. No doubt he was nearby. Having heard that he sent his regards that morning, it was obvious he was the conductor of this big shebang.

“Lock the doors.” Speak of the devil (again), literally. Sehun came around from behind us, dragging a canteen chair with him. He threw me a quick grin before sauntering by just as I heard a quick click that meant we were locked in the gym.

“Who said I wanted a makeover?” I asked returning to the conversation and glaring at them all.

Luhan scoffed close to my ear as he and Jimin began pulling me towards a single chair placed in the circle of us all, an identical one to the one Sehun had brought in.

“Trust us, you need it,” he said, pushing me to sit down. I was just about to jump up and hightail it, but Luhan’s arms encircled me, holding me in place. “Hold still, princess.” I jerked my shoulders, trying to get him off but soccer player strength wasn’t something to play with. Inhaling deeply, trying to calm my nerves that began to run wild, I protested against the hands that were grabbing ankles.

“Let me go!” I shouted, flailing. Panic rose up my throat like bile.

Luhan’s hot breath hit my neck. “I said hold still,” he ground out, his lips barely touching the spot beside my ear. I shivered and ceased my movements, wanting the creep to get away from me. I looked away and caught Oh Sehun sitting backwards in his own chair, arms propped up as he watched us without any expression. I glared hatefully at him before looking down at Jimin, who secured my ankles tightly, ensuring I wasn’t going anywhere.

Luhan released me and then there were ropes around my torso and hands. I gasped, not actually believing they were tying me up. What kind of makeover were they planning on? I glanced back at Sehun before Taeyeon stepped in my line of vision.

“You would look lovely with some eyeliner,” was all she said before large hands forced my face upwards and Taeyeon’s scrawny fingers were drawing on my face. I flinched, trying to make it hard for her. She kept complaining I was making it ugly, but I didn’t want her touching me. I didn’t want any of them touching me. I was at least thankful Sehun decided to sit this one out. It was just absolutely insane. What kind of human beings tied a person up to give them a ‘makeover?’

One of Taeyeon’s friends walked over, carrying a big case of what looked to be cheap makeup. Of course, they would never use their own makeup on me. The only thing I could think was that they probably put out five bucks for a case of kid’s makeup from the nearest toy store. “Should we do blush?” she asked, holding out the set of different shades.

I turned my face away as Taeyeon examined my eyes for a second before nodding and holding her hand out for the blush. The person I assumed to be Luhan removed his hands and I began thrashing again when Taeyeon tried to touch my face.

“Why can’t you just leav—” My breath stopped in my throat when her hand connected with my cheek in a quick slap. Upon stopping my moving around, she began applying the blush that was no longer needed on my left cheek. I could hear Luhan chuckling from somewhere, the noise echoing around the gym.

Taeyeon turned away to grab a few things and Sehun was back in my line of view, Luhan sitting on the floor next to him with his legs folded. I wondered where Tao and Kai were, why they weren’t helping torture me, especially when I had seem them around earlier that day. Behind them, on the bleachers, I saw Jimin and someone else from the soccer team sitting there on their phones. Narrowing my eyes at them, I mentally handed it to myself that I had suspected Park Jimin all along. Just as I turned my eyes away, I managed to get another hateful glare in Sehun’s direction before Taeyeon was back with lipstick.

“Pucker up,” she said before grabbing my face and slathering the bright orange substance onto my lips, upper lip, and chin—I swore it even got in my nose. More than that, my jaw trembled at the pain of her grip and long nails digging into my skin.

“Stop,” I insisted, pulling my face away. Pulling away, she recapped the lipstick and looked for something else to apply. While she was off, Luhan laughed and snapped a few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter