30장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a mistake to assume that Oh Sehun was still lingering around the house. In fact, it had been a mistake to believe anything he had said the night before.

“He went home,” Tao had said, now clothed and done with his shower concert. I tried to avoid his dripping hair as he ran through the kitchen, making a beeline for the fridge. He shot me a look of annoyance. “He politely woke me up early this morning and told me so. I’m starving.”

Jongin sat down on the stool I was standing by.

“The cheetos are gone,” he told Tao, taking a bite of the sandwich he had just made.

Ignoring Jongin’s comment about the cheetos, once again, I gaped at Tao.

“He left?” I asked. I seemed to recall him telling me he would take me home the night before. Not that I minded taking the bus, but I was aggravated that he upped and left. Especially after rubbing his disgusting scent all over me.

“Yep.” Tao closed the fridge with a disheartened expression. His eyes twinkled when he turned around and spotted Jongin’s sandwich. “Jong—”

Jongin placed a hand in the air and silenced the kid before he even had a chance. Looking at me, he shrugged.

“He may come back later. You’re welcome to stay,” he said as if it was his home. Speaking of not being his house, I wanted out of there before any of the other boys began waking up and running around half like some had, especially the actual person who lived there. Tao and Jongin weren’t exactly bad company at the moment, but influencers were about and I wanted out.

“No, thanks,” I said, giving an awkward bow and heading for the door as Tao began asking for Jongin’s sandwich. Pulling my jacket on after I discovered my shoes by the door and slipped them on, I opened the door only to jump back in surprise at the person standing there.

“Good morning, sunshine,” Sehun said around the plastic bag hanging from his mouth.

Tao came out of nowhere, scaring me again. “Sehun’s home!” he squealed, shoving me aside to grab the bag of food from Sehun’s hands before running back into the kitchen, yelling, “And the darling brought food!”

Sehun stepped over the threshold, taking the second plastic bag of food, which Tao had completely bypassed, from his mouth , and shut the door, pulling my grip away from it. “Shut up before you wake the others. I didn’t bring enough for everyone,” he said, stepping around me.

Jongin chortled. “Aw, and we thought you were going to be nice for once,” he said, already almost finished with his sandwich. He grabbed a bag and rummaged through it.

Tch, tough luck. I reached for the knob, about to leave when Sehun turned around and glared. Not expecting his sudden flip of attitude, I shrank back against the door.

“I’m leaving,” I asserted, turning my back and twisting the knob.

Before I could even pull the door open, he placed his hand on it to prevent me from doing so. “What happened to wanting me to take you home oh so badly?” he asked, leaning over my shoulder with his towering height.

I scowled at the door. “That was back when pigs flew.”

He chuckled and poked my back, causing me to flinch. It seemed my painkillers had worn off.

“I didn’t know you had wings,” he remarked. Instead of retorting to his dumb joke, I jerked the doorknob attempting to get out. The door didn’t budge.

I turned, glaring up at him. “You said I could leave today.”

He sighed exasperatedly but before he could say anything, Tao was standing behind him, peering over his shoulder.

“Why is she even here?” he asked.

Talk about influencers about. Sehun had barely opened his mouth and Tao was already ready to attack.

“She needed a doctor last night,” Sehun replied simply, getting off the door.

Tao eyed me. Not seeing any potential damage, he raised an eyebrow. “And you, of all people, brought her here? Why?” he asked.

“Because he tried to make her roadkill in Luhan’s car last night,” Jongin piped up, his voice muffled. Looking around him, I saw he was practically inside a bag of bibimbap.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter