46장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I ended up running right into Sehun when we both leaped for the door, and I went stumbling backwards, not even catching sight of Junmyeon before Sehun hauled him away. I recovered quickly out of surprise when I heard the thunk of Sehun slamming the class president against the wall, a very loud shout of “you moron” leaving his mouth.

Not really in the mood to put up with Sehun’s tantrums any longer, I only watched the two. Junmyeon looked greatly surprised, funnily, but Sehun looked ready to kill. I mean, I could understand being angry with someone for locking me up but I wasn’t even a hundred percent sure it was actually him and I wasn’t exactly going to punch him in the face for it.

Junmyeon looked between the both of us — up at Sehun and then at me who stood in the doorway of the office. Then he slightly grinned.

“Did you guys work things out?” he asked as if we were just out for tea and Oh Sehun wasn't holding him against a wall by his collar.

I gaped at him before I shook my head, a noise of disbelief leaving my lips.

“I told you to stay out of things, Junmyeon,” was my reply as I grabbed my bag off the floor.

Sehun slammed him against the wall once more before releasing him. “Did you two plan this?” he asked, eyes blazing.

I gave Sehun a stupefied look while Junmyeon straightened his uniform out. How did he actually believe I would willingly lock myself in a room with him for almost two hours? We were both losing our minds back there. I rolled my eyes, settling that as my answer as I turned to leave. I was hungry, tired, and had looked at Oh Sehun enough for one day.

“You have to be the stupidest girl I have ever met,” he said loudly. “Haven’t you realized by now that nothing is going to solve your problem? The problem is you!” And with that, the Oh Sehun had returned. I spun back around to retort but Junmyeon was already ahead.

“Yah! Can’t you ever be nice?” he asked Sehun, grabbing ahold of his arm. “She had nothing to do with this. We aren’t even friends. But it’s not hard to realize you’re some kind of spawn of Satan with how much torture you put that girl through.”

Sehun slung his arm off. “Well, obviously it’s very hard for people to mind their own business around here,” he spat. “And let’s have one more meeting like this, Kim Junmyeon, and that SKY future you’re always raving about will be burnt to the ground.”

On instinct, I started to back out of the way when he went for the door, red-faced and angry, but the look on Junmyeon’s face struck me as panicked. Sehun had just threatened his future over some stupid idea to get us to be friends. At least someone cared enough to try.

“Yah, Oh Sehun!” I called after him, but he was already bursting out the door. I expected smoke to billow through the doorway after him.

Junmyeon cleared his throat, looking a bit shaken. “He’s more vicious than I thought,” he mumbled. “I just thought that maybe . . . that would help. I mean, it always did when my mom locked me and my brother up when we fought.”

I would’ve outright laughed in his face if the situation didn’t revolve around myself and Sehun. Junmyeon obviously meant well, but it just didn’t work. Nothing would, I didn’t think.

“Do you think he’ll really mess up my chances with college?” Junmyeon asked, eyes round. “I mean, his dad is a lawyer and all and—and—”

Looking at how hopeless he now looked, I sighed and turned my face away. This guy was all big shot and ready to solve any problem even if it wasn’t his own but now he feared for his future of going to one of the big three colleges just because Oh Sehun got mouthy.

“Junmyeon, don’t worry about it,” I quickly said before running out the door. “Just stay out of his way,” I added before I was entirely out of earshot.

Holding tightly to my straps, I sprinted down the dark hall. It had been a while since I was last in school this late and right then, I had no desire to stay any longer. A frightening thought crossed my mind that I could’ve possibly been locked in the school with those two boys and I picked up pace.

Either I was moving pretty quickly or Sehun was walking quite slow, because by the time I made it to the gates, he was just leaving. I slowed to a walk, catching my breath. He didn’t seemed to notice I was there and I took that to my advantage while I slowed my panting to even breathing. His face still looked a bit red but he seemed relatively calm as he inched along, hands stuffed in his pockets. He didn’t particularly look in any hurry to get home, which was both a good and bad thing for me.

Chances were if he had beenhurrying, I would’ve left him alone. But he was being slow and giving me time to contemplate. However, I was really just contemplating on sprinting right on by him just to get away from him. But that was really just an excuse I made up to avoid what I was planning to do. I think being locked up had really messed with my head.

“Do you always have to threaten people? Ever heard of talking things out? Or forgive and forget?” I asked from a safe distance. My footsteps halted when his did and I waited for him to turn around.

He tilted his face towards the darkening sky.

“Go home, Eunhui, please,” he said calmly.

I proudly smirked to myself.

“My house is the same direction as yours,” I asserted, rocking back on my heels. I followed him when he resumed walking. “I’m just saying. You didn’t have to threaten Junmyeon.”

For a moment, I thought he was going to start being mute again.

“He shouldn’t involve himself in other people’s matters,” he finally answered.

I silently agreed with him; I had actually said that to Junmyeon’s face.

“But that still didn’t give you a right to threaten his future,” I countered. Under my breath, I added, “at least someone cares enough to help me.”

It became silent again, although this time there was open space and other noises around us. I sighed before speaking up again. “You know, you scared him. I was angry too but you didn’t see me slamming people against walls. You don’t always have to use violen—”

“Shut up!” He finally rounded on me, eyes wide and quite frightening on a whole other level. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Just shut up and stop defending people for once in your life! What would you do if I actually decided to ruin his chances? Are you going to follow me around and nag me and demand I play nice? You can’t help everyone. You can’t even help yourself, Eunhui. Just shut up and stop being so nice; that’s all your problems right there. You can’t please everyone.”

Across the street, some woman hurried her baby carriage along while passing us hurried glances of alarm. I myself gulped, words stuck in my throat, and took a few steps back in surprise. Many times I had seen Sehun get angry and holler, but never had he outright shouted in my fac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter