19장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►[Track 02]

Some could call it paranoid, while others would only say cautious and good measure and beckon me on my way. I didn’t give two hoots what it was called as I eyeballed everyone when I walked into school the next day. It was getting old being so on edge every time I went to school, but I couldn’t just act as if I wasn’t scared of what Oh Sehun was going to do next.

Like I said, I wasn’t expecting immediate action from him. He was a man of diligence and he was going to do his job well thought out and very well conducted.

Fortunately, I didn’t even see the Poop Face Squad until lunch. They were being boys, as always, sitting on the table tops and bothering girls who were trying to gossip in peace. Oh Sehun of course was sitting next to his girlfriend, Kim Taeyeon. I pretended to choke on my lunch as I watched her peck him on the cheek and then giggle as she wiped the lipstick mark away. I moved my eyes over to the basketball table where Kim Taehyung now resided along with Tao and Park Jimin and Park Chanyeol along with many others. I returned to my food before I lost the appetite for it. They all made me sick. Backstabbing, lying, manipulative, hateful people; that was all they were and I hated all of those things in a person.

All in all, I got away from school with only a trip coming out of the girls’ room and a small scene of Oh Sehun and Tao calling me out in the parking lot after classes. A good day, if you asked me. So instead of getting off the bus at my usual stop, I headed on to my grandma’s, deciding to pay her a visit. As usual, she bustling in the kitchen.

“How are you, Hui dear?” she asked, setting a mug of milk in front of me. I stared at the white liquid, my cheek resting against the table top. “How is school?” She sat down across from me.

I sighed and closed my eyes. “I wish someone would just arrest him and get him out of my hair,” I told her, leaving the milk be.

“Did he not like the scarf?” she asked.

I blinked innocently at her, realizing I had completely forgotten about the scarf that was wound around my bed post back at home. “A scarf won’t solve anything anyway,” I told her defiantly, sitting up straight.

She pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear before pushing the milk towards me. “I tell you, Choi Eunhui, it’s the small things that get to people.” She wagged her finger at me.

“I’ll say,” I mumbled, taking a sip of the hot milk. I stared at the table top, definitely remembering how just that small sentence that Taehyung said at the basketball game hurt and how it ruined a barely bloomed friendship. How those small words Sehun had said to me the day before had me scared to go to school. Small things definitely got to people. Mostly me.

After continuing our one-sided conversation about my bully, I finally went home and had dinner with my parents. My sister was staying with some friend who lived closer to her university, so it was only us in the house. Unlike my grandma, my parents didn’t ask and prod me about school. They asked, I said it was fine and that was the end of it. That wouldn’t have been a lie a few days before. And it just seemed as if that lie got bigger and bigger with each day that passed.

I would also be lying if I said I slept like a baby at night. I felt like a trampled banana arriving to school on Friday morning. I had been expecting something to have happened for the past few days and because of that, I had been tossing around in bed at night when I should have been sleeping. The days ended up passing with my running into the idiots in the hallway and then seeing Oh Sehun angrily walking around school like someone had killed his cat. The teachers weren’t pleased with me to say the least. I was threatened with more detention for falling asleep in history. It wasn’t like people never napped in that class anyway.

“Is this Night Of The Living Dead?” someone quipped when I walked to my locker.

I was too tired to snap back at Tao as he laughed. I barely spared the four boys a glance as I picked out my books and closed my locker, leaning my forehead on it. I wanted nothing more than to go back home and sleep until Oh Sehun graduated. I jumped when someone banged on the lockers across the hall, looking up I saw it was only Byun Baekhyun bothering Luhan. Thank God. I thought maybe I could get a break if the day went smoothly and then I would have the weekend to sleep. Just because Oh Sehun was grumpy and not bothering me didn’t mean people weren’t still laughing about the whole basketball game fiasco. It had somewhat died down though, thankfully.

When it was finally lunchtime, I thought I would just go out to the quad and nap under a tree. I was too sleepy to eat, so I grabbed my backpack and stepped outside. I sighed when I realized the sun still hadn’t even warmed up the weather enough. I sat down, placing my overcoat over my legs, and ped my backpack, pulling out the green scarf that supposed to be given to Oh Sehun; I had worn it to school and taken it off before certain someones saw it and tried to take it. Sorry, Grandma. I wrapped the long piece of knit fabric around my neck and nuzzled into it, feeling warmer already now that my face was blocked from the wind. It would’ve been smart to nap inside, but I couldn’t go anywhere without a teacher finding me and yelling at me. And I definitely wasn’t going into one of the old clubrooms.

It wasn’t long before I happily dozed off, my face hidden inside the big ball of dark green scarf. Naps always made me feel better, so I expected to wake up energized and ready to face the rest of the day. Sadly, I was shaken away by someone only twenty minutes into lunch break.

“Principal Kim wants you to the office,” the girl said before walking off. I sat up and stared after her, my eyes instinctively squinting at the bright sun. Shaking my head to clear it of drowsiness, I got off the ground and brushed my behind and jacket off before stuffing my scarf back inside my bag.

On my way to the office, I looked for the Coyote pack, wondering if they were the reason I was called to the office. All I caught were a few judgemental looks from girls that were in my class and they all quickly turned away when they caught me staring at them. I sighed and entered the office.

“Principal Kim wanted to see me,” I told the same lady that I had reported Oh Sehun to.

She nodded her head firmly and directed me to the principal's office that I was already very aware of the whereabouts were. I bowed before knocking on the door, only entering w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter