10장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day, someday, probably never, would I thank Kim Taeyeon. Sehun grinned when he saw me with Jaeeun, but then Taeyeon began demanding his attention and he was prompted to leave me be, for now at least.

While eating, I watched them like a hawk, trying to be sure they weren’t going to mess with me while I was with my sister. I wasn’t sure why, but I didn’t want her to know. Even if I had told my whole family already that I was being bullied, I knew they hadn’t taken me seriously. I could’ve been afraid that having Jaeeun know would make it seem worse, more real, and I didn’t want her asking questions about Oh Sehun or pushing me to ‘fix’ things. I was working on it. As a matter of fact, I had been awake late the night before figuring out what I should do about the so-called war that had been declared. And then it popped, the black bubble inside my head, and it revealed a lightbulb, buzzing with an idea.

Get Oh Sehun—the prestigious, golden student, son of a businessman, brother of a former prefect of Wings High, and my bully—busted for skipping class.

That’s a lot of titles that could and hopefully would come crashing down if he was caught for skipping class just for the doggone heck of it. Why would it be such a big deal for him to be busted for skipping? It was just skipping, all the students do it from time to time. But I figured out Oh Sehun’s game as soon as he and his girlfriend took a seat behind me and my sister inside that restaurant on February 18, a Saturday.

“Mrs. Hong keeps bothering me about skipping class, maybe we should switch up times,” Taeyeon was saying.

I was slurping on my noodles while pretending to be listening to Jaeeun talk about her own school problems. What’s so hard about college? Get over it, Jaeeun, I’m investigating over here.

“I can’t,” Sehun said, his mouth full from his own bowl of noodles. I had clear view of him from my seat, but I wouldn’t dare attempt to watch him obviously. He stirred his noodles, not even looking at Taeyeon. “I really can’t afford to miss anything in my other classes right now, plus Luhan skips math and it’ll get suspicions if we both skip at the same time.”

Taeyeon sighed, back facing me. “The teachers are already getting suspicious, Sehun!” she said. This was getting interesting, I was getting just what I needed to bust him, and her. “Right before break,  Mrs. Hong told me to stop skipping so much or I was going to be held back.”

Sehun made a face. “It’s twice a week, what’s the big deal?” he asked, leaning back in his chair, glancing my direction, which I caught but quickly avoided, acting like I was listening to Jaeeun who was still talking. I rolled my eyes at her before tuning back into Bust ’Em radio station.

“Why can’t we just go to your house after school?” Taeyeon asked.

I paused from eating my noodles. They were seriously inches from confirming my suspicions of what they were skipping class for.

Sehun sighed. “Why can’t we go to yours?” he retorted, already finished with his noodles. I looked down and realized my bowl was still practically full. I gobbled a big mouth full before Jaeeun kicked me again.

“Why are you taking so long to eat?” she asked. So I hurried and ate, still thinking of a plan in my head.

All I had to do was catch them on the one of the two days they were skipping, tell the teachers Oh Sehun and Kim Taeyeon were smoking pot in one of the old clubrooms, and be on my merry little way. Oh Sehun would learn not to mess with me.

On the way to school Monday, I sat in the back of the bus and tried to add details to my plan. I literally had my tablet out, writing down things. First thing was that I needed to know what days he skipped, then I have to find out which period he skipped, then which room he went to to meet Taeyeon, and then make sure he was indeed there and lead the teachers there and then I’m out like a rocket.

During lunch, I ate my sandwich while on a walk, to the hallway with all the clubrooms. A few club members were eating in their rooms with each other I noticed as I passed by. Following the grey walls, I found two doors that had signs stating they were inactive clubs. The Chess Club and The Woodshop Club. I checked for any other students before peeking into the rooms. Empty, except for a few cardboard boxes and tables with chairs. They were clearly abandoned and no one ever came to clean there, that was clear when I noticed shoeprints in the dust that had long ago settled there. I didn’t go in though, because then Sehun would see my own shoeprints and know someone else had been there.

Closing the door back tightly, I turned and crept back towards the classrooms, pulling my tablet from my blazer pocket. I wrote down the information of location: the old Chess Club ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter