11장

Irony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had no way of being sure of the moment Oh Sehun would be in the clubroom. Figuring he would be smart enough to wait until after classes started and attendance was taken, which he probably didn’t, I waited until midway through class before raising my hand and requesting a pass to the restroom, to which the teacher reluctantly granted permission.

Bowing low, I hurried out of the classroom and looked down both ways of the hallway, hoping Sehun and his woman had already retreated. I began my way downstairs, now knowing why I never saw him pass when he skipped; he simply didn’t even show up for attendance. Just how does he get away with it? I wondered.

Just then, as I walked down the hall, leading to the clubrooms, I realized I had no idea how I was going to tattle. I couldn’t just waltz into the office and announce Oh Sehun and Kim Taeyeon were smoking pot in the old clubrooms. I needed to be anonymous or else I would get the rear end of the whole situation. Then again, how was Sehun going to know I was the one who busted him? I guess I was just going to have to take the chance and hope nothing went awry. I decided to just inform one of the faculty that I spotted Oh Sehun sneaking away while on my way to the restrooms.

I crept as quietly as possible down the hallway, finding my way to the clubrooms. I passed a few students that had a free period, or maybe not, but I paid them no mind. I didn’t even mind the fact that Luhan was skipping classes also. I didn’t even care that Taeyeon was skipping; she just happened to be skipping with Oh Sehun, my target.

Finally making it to the hall with all the clubrooms, I made sure no one was around before continuing towards the old Chess Club door. My palms were sweating in anticipation; I couldn’t mess this up because I would never get another chance and I would also be in very deep doodoo if I did.

After two years, all I wanted was for Oh Sehun to learn he couldn’t just do whatever he pleased and get away with it. I needed him to see he couldn’t continue bullying me; he needed to stop. Just one lesson—

Holy baby Jesus. Mother Mary, Moses, Jonah, the Ark, all the fishes in the sea! They are not smoking pot! Whoa!

I backed away from the door after peering through the small glass peep window. I sincerely thought I was going to catch Oh Sehun with a joint between his crooked lips, laughing about how stupid people are and talking about how much he hated me but that was not the case at all. Never had I ever seen so much skin from Kim Taeyeon, and that was saying something.

They were not smoking pot, ladies and gentlemen. They were getting it on in the old Chess Club room.

No clothes had vacated the bodies of the two students, but they were surely soon to. I made a face as I leaned against the opposing wall. Now I knew what that was doing in Taeyeon’s makeup bag. My face scrunched up in horror, mouthing ‘ew’ to myself. I was truly traumatized, especially since I had caught a clear glimpse of Oh Sehun’s side that was showing because of Taeyeon pulling on his shirt like some kind of lifeline as he d her non-existent behind.

I slapped myself in the face, trying to get it together. I had to hurry and tell a teacher before they finished up and made a run for it. I groaned inwardly as I trudged away from the disgusting scene going on behind that door. I was basically sprinting out of horror. Seriously! You don’t have on school property. Come on, man, that’s just wrong. Some kids are trying to learn here, and not ed!

Upon spotting my destination of which was the office, I sped up my pace and calmly busted into the room. “Can I speak to principal Kim, please?” I asked, breathless.

The lady behind the desk gazed at me inquiringly. “May I ask what for? And why are you out of class?” she asked.

I calmed my breathing and rested my hands on the desk. “I had a bathroom pass and spotted Oh Sehun skipping his class, going in the direction of the clubrooms,” I informed her straightforwardly. “I overheard from a teacher once that he was skipping and I thought it would be important that you were notified.” I stared at the slender lady as I blinked, waiting for a response, hopefully one of good reaction regarding Oh Sehun’s absences.

With a nod, she replied. “Very well. Thank you for letting us know, we’ll deal with it. For now, just return to your lesson,” she said, to which I gladly nodded and bowed before exiting the way I entered.

I nervously glanced around the hallway as I made my way back. Now I was definitely in for it. Oh Sehun was going to behead me and let the basketball team use my head for their face game of the season. Goodbye family, goodbye chicken.

After lessons, I so badly wanted to stick around see if the boy actually got busted for sneaking away to do the nasty during lessons, but I was too much of a coward and I made for the bus stop as soon as the students stopped pushing me out of the way. I did, however, notice that Oh Sehun’s car was still parked in the car lot as I was leaving. Usually, he was one of the first ones out. My blank face slowly turned into a grin as I headed for the bus stop. I was pleased with myself for having the guts to do something like get Oh Sehun in trouble. It might not even work, he could’ve been speaking with a teacher or meeting with a club and the principal might not have even tried to check up on him, but at least I tried.

As a reward, I bought myself a bit of street food and skipped the bus stop, walking home in the cold but enjoying my delicious tteokbokki. It wasn’t a long walk, but it was too long that I would be late for school in the mornings and I was too tired after school to walk it in the evening. I was energized then, though. Another reason I didn’t like walking to and from school was because I had to pass the small rich neighborhood in which a few of Wings High’s prestigious students lived. Namely Kim Minseok, Choi Minho, that Jin guy, Park Chanyeol, pretty sure Krystal and Jessica Jung lived there too, and let’s not forget Oh Sehun. I’m sure more of my school’s VIPs lived there, but I didn’t care enough to investigate; I only knew those things because of hearing conversations near my locker or behind me in class.

Finishing off my food when I passed, I glanced down the street and noticed a few guys playing basketball. Most probably members of the basketball team in withdrawal because it was a day that there wasn’t practice after school. Some of them were shouting and begging one to pass it to them. I saw a few familiar faces; Huang Zitao and Luhan were the ones I could match names to while the other VIPs I wasn’t sure of. I think one went by Kim Namjoon and another Lee Taemin, but the others’ names was what I was unsure of. I did know Kim Namjoon was a VIP by association through that guy named Jin; they were apparen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter