7: The Unexpected Butterfly

Leap of Faith [Complete]

7. The Unexpected Butterfly

 

*Kai's POV

 

It's been almost two months since I met her, Liu Ren, and I won't say she's different because she wasn't... At first.  But as time with her flew by it started to change. Since the beginning nothing was a coincidence -even me bumping into her and not apologizing, at the time I just wanted to get know how she'd react- and when she didn't show any initiative to know me I thought 'maybe I pissed her off' but it didn't turn out that way.

 

At first she was guarded, like everybody else, but when she opened up... I was the one caught off guard; I didn't know how to react. It started off with me watching her dance, and I was eventually attracted to her which I shrugged off as normal but then when the late nights came and she would lie down on the floor; I would catch myself watching her, wondering about things   I never even thought about before.

 

Does she have a boyfriend? Is she interested in someone? Is she happy? Where does her smile come from? Where did she come from? And one time I found myself asking is she an angel?

 

I'm not the kind of person who thinks about stuff like this especially during work but she... She has a different effect on me. What's more she's like this pure ball of energy and optimism, we wouldn't run out of things to talk about because of her randomness and she reminded me what life is about -Happiness- The first time we met, I kissed her, not because I already liked her but because I just wanted to see how she'd react but she didn't act awkward after, sometimes I don't understand her and on rare times I do.

 

One time I went back at the dorm late -again- only to find Lu Han Hyung and a few others still awake. I was texting Ren on the way in, probably a goofy smile on my face when Lu Han Hyung caught my attention.

 

"Enjoying, are we?" he tries to get my phone and the first few times he fails but then when I thought it was safe he swipes at it again- successfully getting it this time. He waves my phone and looks at it.

 

"Ren huh? So, this is the girl you're doing the MV with?" I just nod, pleading with my eyes for him to return my phone. Seconds later it vibrates and Lu Han Hyung reads the message.

 

"Gomawo, Kai-ssi. Take care and have a good night's sleep. I'm hitting the sack first. :)" I swipe my phone and glare at him.

 

Just before I get in the room he asks me.

 

"Do you like her?" and that question stops me in my tracks.

 

"I don't know, maybe." I smile then go in.

 

That night I thought about what Lu Han Hyung asked; I was confused and I decided to test myself, if I really like her -I mean come on; it's only been less than two months. So the next few days I watched her -really watched her- and when the day of shooting the actual MV came. That's when I knew.

 

I like Liu Ren and I might just do anything to stop.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tell me what you guys think! :) 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul