11: Feelings, Feelings

Leap of Faith [Complete]

11. Feelings, Feelings

/Krong Krong Krong Krong/ I turn on the bed and put a pillow over my ears. It's too early for a call. Ughhh. My eyes shoot open when I realize who was calling. Kai. A smile tugs on my lips.

 

"Yebeoseyo?" I answer, still lying on the bed I yawn.

 

"Good Morning my butterfly, sorry to break it to you... I know I promised to look at the views with you but... I couldn't help but take a peak... And it's reached over half a million views in a span of three hours. Congratulations!" he yells into my ear and I sit up. What? I look at the clock on my bedside, it was already 12 in the afternoon and I was supposed to be there with him 4 hours ago.

 

"I'm sorry, I overslept. I'm coming, wait for me." I tell him and hurry on to clean myself up.

 

After ten minutes I was showered, dressed and was already in front of the building (my shortest record) and I bowed to everyone like always but there was something new... They bowed too, as if acknowledging that I'm part of the company.

 

I take the elevator and sprawl on the floor beside Kai the moment I arrive.

 

"I'm sorry I'm late." I tell him. He looks at me, smiles and pokes me on the nose.

 

"That's fine, you deserve your rest. Here." he says, handing me a carton of banana milk. I feel my spirit lift up and I smile at him.

 

"Thanks!" I say, sipping from the carton.

 

Just then someone -many people- barge inside the room and start to sing me a happy birthday. Kai was suddenly nowhere to be found and I spot Lu Han in the middle of everything. I should've known. He was holding strawberry shortcake-my favorite- and he stared into my eyes. After everyone sang he walked towards me and offered me the lit cake.

 

"Make a wish, tīan shî." and I do.

 

"Wha- Why?" I ask him.

 

"So you would never forget your birthday again." he answers, placing the cake down to a table I didn't notice before.

 

"I doubt that." I say, not being able to hide my smile.

 

"Yeah. Don't worry; I'll always be here to remind you. -A few moments of him staring into my eyes- Sit there." he says, slightly guiding me to a chair I also didn't notice before.

 

When I sit they start giving me gifts and they all kept asking for a dance. I felt like it was my debut -in my personal life- and there was a smile pasted on my face. It was Kai's turn -11th- and I smile at him as he made his way to me, a gift and one blue rose in his hand. My heart beats faster; my cheeks warm and I feel like we're the only people in the world.

 

Everything was perfect... Until the smell hits me. Someone -probably Kai- wore perfume... I start to sneeze and cough continuously, I was already gasping for air when Lu Han guided me away asking "Where's your inhaler?" I point to my bag and he immediately gets it then lets me take a shot.

 

A few seconds pass and my breathing evens, air entering my lungs. I close my eyes take a deep breath but it shoots open when I heard someone yell.

 

"Don't you know that she's allergic to perfume and other strong scents? She could have died." Lu Han tells Kai.

 

"I- I'm sorry I didn't know." Kai answers, head bowed.

 

Lu Han was about to say something else -probably another sermon- but I managed to speak before him.

 

"It's fine. Lu Lu, I'm fine." I tell him then I go to Kai.

 

"It's okay. I'm fine; it's my fault for forgetting to tell you anyway." I say, lifting his head up to look at me. "Hey look, I'm fine." I say smiling but then he lightly pushes me away.

 

"You should stay away from me. I still have the scent of perfume on me." then he walks away, I was about to go after him when Lu Han stops me and shakes his head.

 

"Let him be. You could've died sit." he says.

 

"But I didn't. Lu Lu, I'm not a kid anymore. You can stop taking care of me because you're not obliged to. Thank you for this, it's beautiful. I feel like it's my 18th birthday again." I tell him, smiling.

 

"It's not finished yet, you haven't danced with me have you?" he asks, holding my hand and dancing me.

 

I just roll my eyes; this guy knows how to make me smile. As much as I'm thankful to Lu Han, I can't forget about Kai. What's he doing right now? Where is he?

 

Most of all, Is he okay?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm backkk. and my writing skills are rusty so please bear with me. :( hope you like it though and I'll try my best to update! 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul