4: Broken Winged Angel

Leap of Faith [Complete]

4. Broken Winged Angel

 

He sat down across me and everyone warmly welcomed him. I wasn't a cold person so I smiled at him from time to time. He wasn't really that handsome but something was different. Maybe his appeal? Hmmm. The meeting continued, Mr. Sung along with my manager talked about the song, MV and some other details ... I assume, I don't really know because half way through the presentation I fell asleep. In my defense it wasn't my fault, I knew everything already and I haven't gotten much rest these past few days.

 

Someone was nudging me and I lift my head, rubbed my eyes and was about to stretch when I realized that I was still in the meeting and my iPad was singing the Pororo song I tried to record with Dara, someone was calling me on Skype. My eyes widened, I rummaged through my bag for the iPad and rejected Dara's call. Aishh. This girl. I bowed and apologized, my cheeks were hot with embarrassment them I took my seat.

 

I check my phone to see that Dara called 20 times and texted me multiple times too, what happened?

 

"So, that concludes our meeting. Kai-ssi if you have any questions please feel free to ask Liu Ren, she's from the Philippines and has not yet mastered our culture so forgive her for any mistakes." Mr. Sung says, I roll my eyes.

 

I stand up with everyone and was about to go when someone prevented me from doing so. Kai. I bow and look at him.

 

"Yes?" I ask

 

"Uhmm. Aren't you going to tour me around here? Or aren't we going to practice?" he asks, confused. I smile.

 

"Official practice starts tomorrow, about the tour... I don't know, I haven't explored this place either. All I know are the practice rooms I've been to and the rooms of my coaches. How about you just ask your manager? He probably knows something." I answer, bowing again.

 

"Wait, Wait. At least give me a roundup of the steps and the plot?" he asks smiling. I sigh.

 

"Fine. Let me just swing by my friend?" I ask, feeling like I'm left with no choice. He nods then we go to where Dara is the cafeteria.

 

When we entered Dara waved us over.

 

"Annyeong Kai-ssi, long time no see." He smiles then sits.

 

"Yah! Dara unnie! What happened? Why did you call so many times? Even on Skype?" I ask her. She offers me pocky but I refuse.

 

She shrugs "Nothing really, I was just bored and I missed you." she says, grinning. "So it's true huh? Kai-ssi here will be your leading man. Nice catch." she tells him.

 

"Yah yah! What are you saying unnie? Stop spouting non sense, he's not my leading man just my partner on the MV. A leading man is for dramas. Aish. We're going." I wave at her and encourage him to follow.

 

We were walking to the practice room. I was ahead of him since I find it awkward.

 

"Here we are." I say when we arrive, trying to break the ice.

 

We go in; I put my gym bag down and start to stretch. He wasn't speaking; he just sat down and looked at me. I cleared my throat.

 

"So... Since we're going to practice starting tomorrow let's be friends. Arasso Kai-ssi?" I say, smiling.

 

"You should call me oppa." he answers, smiling and starting to stretch as well.

 

"-ssi is also respectful isn't it? I'm fine with that." I answer. "So, tell me about yourself." I ask, trying to at least get to know him.

 

He chuckles. "We aren't high school students anymore besides we'll know each other soon enough. For now just tell me about the plot." he says, I secretly roll my eyes.

 

"Fine. It's about a girl who has a passion for dancing ballet but she gets an injury and she couldn't dance for months, on the backside there was a guy who always watched her dance secretly, when the time came and she could dance again, she found it hard. She was scared that the injury would come back for good and the guy notices this, and then helps her get rid of her fear. “I finish, I was doing the splits when I found him staring at my reflection. I was uncomfortable so I fidgeted.

 

"Sooo. Any ideas?" I ask and he smiles.

 

"Let' try It." he says, standing up.

 

"But I haven't really recorded the song yet and the only copy I have was when I recorded it on my phone. It's not done clean." I answer, starting to panic.

 

"That's fine." he pushes. I stand up and get my iPod then plug it to the speaker. "Sorry." I tell him before playing it.

 

The piano introduction started and I started to dance, seemingly lost in the music. I did it as I always imagined, I pretended I was practicing and when the time came for me to fall on the wrong foot I acted as if I did and found myself crying. I almost forgot that someone was there and I didn't continue, I just sat there and cried. Minutes later, Kai comes near me and offers me a handkerchief; I take it and mumble an apology.

 

"Did you really hurt yourself?" he asks, worried and I laugh.

 

"Aniyo. I don't even know why I'm crying. Pabo Ren." I say and he helps me up. "Thank you, let's continue?" I ask, wiping away some more tears and he nods.

 

Just like this we continued to dance, no practiced choreography; just our hearts and feelings leading our feet. We were making art. I knew, because I see our reflection and we looked like ethereal beings (not something I can accomplish) so maybe it's him, it's his effect. After the dance we looked at each other and laughed, just like that we were friends. I was drinking Gatorade when Pororo spoke; it was my alarm for the daily Skype.

 

"You like Pororo a lot don't you?" he asks, wiping his mouth. I nod.

 

"Super. He's cute and I love a lot of cartoons. Wait okay?" I say, calling up my mom's account. She answered on the third ring.

 

"Mā!" I yell when I see all of them on the screen.

 

Then we started to talk in Chinese, minutes later my mom asks

"Who is the boy beside you?" I instinctively look beside me and accidentally brush my lips against his cheek, I blush.

 

"Oh, this is Kai. My new friend." I answer quickly, regaining my composure. He bows and speaks

 

"Wo Jiao Kim Jongin." then smiles. I look at mom and we both laugh, he's not very good in pronunciation.

 

I clap him on the back.

 

"Good try." I tell him, he smirks then looks at the camera.

 

"She's my broken winged angel." then he kisses me on the cheek. My mom and I stopped laughing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So sorry for the late update. ;-------; anyway, hope you like this part. Don't hate, Appreciate! :* Subscribe chingus! 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul