10: Strings of Fate

Leap of Faith [Complete]

10. Strings of Fate

 

*Lu Han's POV

 

I was ecstatic when I saw Ren Ming on the shoot even though I never thought she'd enter the entertainment industry I was happy. I've been trying to contact her since a week after my 'disappearance' -those times were crazy, with me being scouted and all the papers- I didn't have time to do anything else but when I've settled everything the first thing I did was to leave a her a message on skype and weibo but she never replied, in fact she never went online again.

 

I didn't stop though; I tried sending her letters, presents for her birthday and Christmas, I even mentioned her on shows and the radio -in hopes that she'll hear it- but she never turned up. I always told Sehun and the others about her to the point where they complained.

 

I remember it was a month before her birthday and I was in the mall with Sehun and Chen trying to look for the perfect gift when Sehun asked me something that left a mark on my mind.

 

"Why do you even bother? You've been doing this for how many years but she doesn't even reply. Not once, so why bother?" his voice seeping of both irritation and curiosity.

 

I scratch my head and smile. "I don't really know, she's my child hood friend. The best I ever had so I can't help but try and try." I answer.

 

We go inside bubble tea for a break and sit there.

 

"Tell us the truth, do you love this girl?" Chen asked and I stop to think. I'm not really sure, what does that even mean?

 

"I don't know... How would I know?" I ask them and they stare at me dumbfounded.

 

"You feel different when you're with her. She makes you want to be better without her saying anything, you just see her and think that you want to be better, for her and for yourself. I can't really explain it but when you do love someone you'll know, just like that." Chen answers, snapping his fingers and I just think silently.

 

I know for a fact that she's different, more than a friend but is it love? I know I used to like her -a lot- I liked everything about her; her flaws and her perfections alike.

 

"I used to like her -a lot." I admit, sipping from my drink.

 

"Did you ever tell her?" Sehun asks and I shake my head.

 

"Why didn't you Pabo?" Chen scolds.

 

"I was afraid. I'm three years older than her; what if she only she's me as her older brother? Or what if I scare her away? I couldn't live with that." I answer, defending myself.

 

They just shrugged. I continued sending her letters and gifts but no answer ever came. I was about to give up but Fate decided to give me a present, another chance.

 

I made a mistake once and I regretted not telling her anything, I also regret not making her feel like how I should've and I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.

 

I know Jongin likes her but I knew her first and even though life doesn't work that way, I'll do everything to get another chance with Ren Ming and this time I don't intend to let fear take over.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This would be enough updates for today, hope you like it! :* 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul