3: The Capped Man

Leap of Faith [Complete]

3. The capped man

 

It's been five months since the day I -along with my mom- made the decision that led me to this day. March 16, 2014. I put another X mark on my calendar, tie my hair up and grab my gym bag. These past few months have been the longest months of my life.

 

I now understand Korean, speak the language -though I haven't mastered it yet- , can control my voice, dance other genres other than ballet -mostly jazz- and have friends, they aren't trainees like me though- they've already debuted. I take my iPad and stuff it in my bag, it's been a habit to Skype with my family every day and that would always be my favorite part. Everyone misses me back home and they told me that I've lost a lot of weight, most probably because of the hectic schedule I have to keep up with. I can't say it isn't fun though. The dorm is just a few blocks away from the company; I was walking to the beat of the music blaring from my headphones when someone nudged me.

 

I look beside me and see Dara Sunbae waving; I take off my headphones and bow.

 

"Yah! Ren Ren, I told you not to be too formal around me didn't I?" she says pouting; she points at me then to herself. "Chingu, arasso?" she asks, taking a bite out of her sandwich. I nod and smile, she's always been like this and I can't help but be thankful.

 

She's been helping me with almost everything, especially when I was still so new. It was hard because I couldn't understand anyone and they couldn't understand me. Dara Sunbae was the one of the little who did, like me she also lived in the Philippines for a while and that was the start of our friendship. We already entered the building and were talking about possible good themes for a comeback when someone bumped into me-quite hard. I look up to see who it was but I didn't get to see his face since he wore a cap, he didn't even apologize. What a guy.

 

We go up and I go directly to the conference room since Ms. Choi -my manager- told me that they have found someone perfect for my MV debut.

 

It was my first day in the company and they asked me what image I will go for. I thought for a moment but I can't really focus on one thing. I want to be versatile, not stuck on one image I'd need to uphold for the rest of my career so instead I gave them a concept to work with.

 

I told them I'd like to portray a girl who is passionate about ballet and guy who has made it a habit to watch her a for a few minutes every day but then the girl gets an injury and needed to stop her passion for a month when the month ended she was already eaten by her fear that the injury would worsen and therefore didn't try to dance. The guy notices this and helps her find the strength to face her fear and do what she loves again, at the same time their feelings flourish along with the dance.

 

I know it's kind of a cliché but what can I do? This is what people want to see. I knock on the door, go in then bow to everyone in the room. I sit next to my manager and wait for them to start. After a few minutes Mr. Sung comes in, smiles at me then says

 

"Hello, we've already found a person for the MV. He's perfect. Let's welcome him." he says, gesturing for someone to come in.

 

A gasp escapes my lips when I see who it is, the guy in the cap, the one who didn't apologize.

 

"Introduce yourself." Mr. Sung tells the mystery man.

 

He takes off his cap, bows then faces all of us smiling. He had chocolate brown hair, brown eyes that almost disappeared when he smiled, nice white teeth and a tanned complexion.

 

"Hi, I'm Kim Jongin. You can call me Kai, thank you for picking me to do this project. I'll do my best." he says, bowing again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update! I kind of.. forgot to update last thursday. XD Show some love. :)) 

xoxoxo Kyon Seul