Chapter Fourteen

The More You Hate, The More You .. Hate??
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

 

 

Dara smiled as soon as they landed to South Korea, How she missed this country where she grew up, its been a while since she last set foot in this place. She's here because of a project that her friend Chaerin offered but she knew in her mind that there is something else she needed to do here.

 

"Oppa? Where are you? Kyaa! You can't abandon me here" His brother who is supposed to fetch her called that he can't. What the?! How will she go home now?

 

"Dabi noona??"


Dara removed her sunglass to clearly see who called her with that pet name that only her close friends knew.

 

"Noona, it’s me. Tao, the cute maknae"

 

Dara smiled, he didn't changed that much. In front of her is her childhood friend who still have the black thingy under its eyes. "You're not the maknae, its Minji. Where's Chaerin?"


"Dunno, that rascal is everywhere" He answered easily.


"You called your wife, rascal?" She laughed, "Wait till I tell her about this"

 

"Noonaaa... Aish!" Tao helped him to put her luggage's at his car compartment. As she settled herself at the front seat beside him, her mind started to drift off and think about the changes happened on their lives. She stared at the view outside the car and sighed,

 

Years flew so fast. Her friend Chaerin and Tao got married, who would have thought? Even her was surprised when Chaerin called her about the wedding but unfortunately she didn't attended the said special day because of her commitments that time.


It’s started when Tao "accidentally"

 

Sehun and Minzy? They're engaged. It was long time ago and I wonder why didn't got marry already but according to them, they want a long engagement to cherish being together. They're time together. They are so cheesy... *sighs*

 

Baekhyun? Bom? Kris? It’s a surprise. 

 


She found herself at the park where a promise was told, Tao pushed her out in the car. She knew why, she's very aware that Tao is still their shipper; number one to be exact of her and Chanyeol. So instead of cursing him, she just made her way towards the swing which is now occupied by someone she knew by heart.

 

She didn't let her gaze off with the occupants; she silently walked towards him which she failed because he turns to her and smiled. Her heart skips a beat, that's kind of cheesy she thought.

 

"You came" He walked towards her and hugged her all of a sudden that caught Dara off guard. He's still tall, of course. Handsome, given and owns my heart. Cheesy again. "Come" he assisted her to sit at the swing.

 

Silence consumed afterwards but not the awkward silence but the comfortable silence. Next thing Dara knew is that they're now talking about their life when they part ways. The places they've been, reminiscing.

 

Then all of a sudden, he looks at her, "Can you come to my wedding?"

 

Dara is beyond shock, she thought. She thought, she let out a smile, "Yo- You already have someone who you're marrying?" She stuttered, still analyzing what he just said.


He smiled genuine, "Yeah, She's amazing". Dara clenched her fist, she's late .. Too late, she can clearly see that he's in love to her 'bride' which she doesn't know who.

 

She smiled back sincerely, happy that he found someone who can love him truly, "Good for you"

 

"She's perfect and she made my dull life to be colorful and meaningful" he said dreamily. She felt something within her broke. She thought she can show him how happy she is for him but she guessed it’s too much for her to take in one go.

 

"That's cool" She managed to said, this is not good. She need to leave, she can't pretend that his news is not affecting her.

 

"So I have a question.."

 

This is it, he's going to ask me if I want to be bridesmaids, she let out a soft "Hmm?" Please no, don't ask me.


The whole playground suddenly covered with colorful lights even the swing has it?  Dara roamed her eyes around, confused why the whole playground lit up like it’s Christmas day, A bouquet of rose is now on Chanyeol's hands which she didn't notice a while ago, Dara looked around in amazement as she clasp the flowers Chanyeol gave her, she thought it’s a welcome gift for her but when she take look to Chanyeol, he's nowhere to be found then she heard someone clears it throat and she look down where she heard the noise and there he is, her frienemate kneeling with a small box on its hands. He smiled at her when he looked up,

 


"So, are you going to fulfill our promise seventeen years ago?"

 

 

Tears come out from her eyes, He remembered, she's not the only one waiting for this day. Funny that they stick to that child

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter