EIGHT

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

EIGHT

 

“Where are we going actually, jagiya?”

Since they got into the car ten minutes ago, Jongin didn’t say a word to the pregnant woman. All that could be heard was the sound of the car’s engine roaming fast because Jongin was driving his car  faster than he usually drove. She could see that her fiancé was frowning the whole ten minutes.

“Jagi?” Jessica called him for the second time, but still, no response was given to her. It really pissed her off, and because of that, her fierce voice finally came out. “Jagi! Stop the car now!!!”  

“What the hell, Jessy! You could have made us both got into an accident!”

Jongin scolded as soon as he made an emergency brake. Luckily there was no car behind them at that time. Jessica scoffed loudly as to show that she was annoyed.

“I asked you where were we going, but you ignored me!” She angrily told him.

“I’m in hurry, okay? I heard you. You’ll know it too when we arrive there later,” Jongin replied.

“To where?! Is it hard enough for you to tell me, Kim Jong In?!”

She smacked his arm like a mom scolded his son.  

“Ouch! Don’t do that,” Jongin said, his other hand was rubbing his hurting arm.

“Now tell me!”

Jessica forced, ignoring the puppy eyes that Jongin was giving to her and knowing that his cute act got rejected, he then let out a sigh.

“I’m heading to Seoul General Hospital,” he finally told her.

Jessica wondered.

“Hospital? Why?”

“Kyungsoo’s there. Someone found her fainted, and the doctor had asked me to come there,” he told again.

Jessica scoffed in disbelief. The news of Kyungsoo didn’t surprise her at all. It was more to jealousy.

You actually in hurry like this because of Kyungsoo? Wow, jagi! That’s so nice of you!” she said sarcastically. “I thought that you didn’t care about her anymore,” she added, rolling her eyes.

“But she’s at the hospital right now, Jessy. How could I not care?”

“Ya, Kim Jong In! Just so you know, there’s nothing going on between both of you anymore, and don’t you dare to act like you care so much about her right now because you shouldn’t! You’ve decided to leave her, so, you don’t have to bother about her anymore! And now I won’t allow you to go ing see her because if you go, then I’ll leave! Just like five years ago!!!” she warned angrily, making Jongin dumfounded.

 

******

 

(Seoul General Hospital)

Minseok and Kyungsoo somehow could get along very quickly. At the first ten minutes, they were a complete strangers and awkward but when the second ten minutes came, both of them had become natural. They were talking as if they had known each other before. Starting with the basic info about each other, they could relate some info with jokes and situations and it did help to make their conversation to grow longer.

“You talk a lot, Minseok-ssi. Honestly, I thought that you’re a silent and an arrogant type of person.” Kyungsoo told, chuckled lightly and when Minseok heard that, he blushed although it wasn’t a praise that he received from Kyungsoo.

Rubbing the back of his neck slowly, he replied “Urm … I’m not a talkative person actually. Yes, I am a silent type of a person, but I, I don’t know why am I talking so much with you right now. I’m usually will get terribly shy around females.”

Maybe because I look like a boy? Just like what you’ve told me earlier?” Kyungsoo joked, and guiltiness suddenly could be seen created on Minseok’s face.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, I’m sorry for thinking like that. I’m sorry if I offended you,” Minseok apologized nervously in which causing Kyungsoo to laugh.

Waving her hands lowly as a signal of saying ‘no’, she said, “Oh, no, no. I don’t feel offended at all. You don’t have to worry. I was just joking.” 

 

******

 

Kyungsoo was just too adorable, Minseok swore. His heart was beating like crazy, and he did laugh and smile a lot the whole time when they were talking. If all his workers were there to witness the scene, definitely they would feel surprise because it was a totally different CEO Kim Min Seok they knew. Well, he wasn’t being selfish to his workers. He was just known as a humble and kind CEO who rarely smiled. He smiled at them but … not like when he was with Kyungsoo.

While waiting for Dr. Lee to come, the minutes that were left for them had been used to know each other little by little.  The basic things that Kyungsoo knew about Minseok were; he was a CEO, he was 32, the one and only child in his family, his hobbies and he was single. Kyungsoo was telling him the same thing that Minseok had been telling her, but when it came to her status, she quickly changed the topic. The word ‘divorce’ didn’t feel like to come out from , and she didn’t want to bluff Minseok by saying that she was still married where she was not anymore. Without they realized, it was already 7:15 p.m. They heard a knocked on the door and saw Dr. Lee came in with a result in her hand.

“Oh, Minseok-ssi, you’re still here,” she said, and Minseok nodded his head once with a smile. “Kyungsoo, this is your result, and I hope you’re ready to receive the news.”

Kyungsoo gulped at the thought of she might be sick, but if she did, the doctor wasn’t supposed to smile broadly like that. She was confused, but her head was eagerly nodding, as she couldn’t wait to know what her problem was. Before the doctor proceeded, she asked whether Kyungsoo allowed Minseok to be there too because Minseok was in fact a stranger to her. They weren’t even related to each other.

“It’s okay. I don’t mind,” Kyungsoo told.

“Alright then. Now.”

As the nervousness building inside her, Kyungsoo’s hand automatically held Minseok’s. Kyungsoo was just thinking that she needed something for her to hold onto, and she didn’t have any other intentions than that. Minseok became a nervous mess also. Not because of the result that he would hear but because of the petite woman who was holding his hand gingerly. He could feel that her hand trembled; showing how nervous she was.

“Well, Kyungsoo, you’re not sick,” Dr. Lee told her with a warm smile but Kyungsoo was still staring at the doctor while frowning. If she wasn’t sick then what? “You’re indeed were lacking of energy as you told me that you haven’t eaten today, but your condition got worsen because of the symptoms that you’ve described to me earlier. The symptoms are … early symptoms of pregnancy. I went ahead and ran through the blood test to double-check, and these papers prove that you are pregnant.”

And with that, both Kyungsoo and Minseok widened their eyes surprisingly. 

 

******

 

“I-I’m what?”

“You’re pregnant, Kyungsoo-ssi.”

A faint gasp escaped her lips when she confirmed the news about her. Her eyes were b with joyful tears. She almost couldn’t believe with what she saw with her eyes when the doctor handed her the result where it clearly stated that she was positive, on the paper. She couldn’t describe how overjoyed she was feeling at the moment. Only God knew better. She cried, finally just let her tears to stream down on her cheeks and covered her face with her palms. The doctor smiled again while Kyungsoo’s back softly.

“Congratulation, Kyungsoo-ssi. Your husband must be happy to know about this later on. He’ll be here in any minute.”

Kyungsoo  choked a sob and gave the doctor a confused stare.

“What do you mean?” she asked, and only by then the doctor realized that she forgot to tell Kyungsoo about the call that Jongin made.

“I forgot to tell you. The minutes before you woke up when I came into your room, coincidently your phone rang. I picked it up because I saw the title of ‘My Husband’ was calling you, and then I explained everything to him. He said he would be here as soon as possible, but I don’t know why he is not here yet. Maybe he’s still on his way,” the doctor explained.

 

******

 

“You can be discharged by tomorrow afternoon. Anything, you can go and find me or the nurse.” Dr. Lee told and bowed before she left the room.

Kyungsoo was clasping her palm over her stomach and smiled broadly. She had stopped from crying and was now staring on her stomach, feeling happy as she was thinking that there was another life living in her warm tummy. Jongin would come to meet her, and she would have to tell him about the news, and if he didn’t show up, then Kyungsoo would never gonna let him know; or did she? She was still in the dilemma, but she couldn’t really focus on it as she was still happy about the baby.

Minseok hadn’t said anything since the doctor announced about Kyungsoo’s pregnancy. To be honest, he was disappointed. He was just about to get to know the woman better, but unfortunately she had already become her husband’s fully property.

“So, you’re married?” Minseok asked.

“Uh?”

Kyungsoo bit her lips and lowered her head down. She didn’t know how to tell Minseok about the real situation. Minseok was wondering when he saw that, and he felt even surprised when he heard the woman suddenly sniffed.

“K-Kyungsoo-ssi, are you alright? Hey, what’s wrong?” Minseok asked, immediately got up from his seat.

Kyungsoo cried for the second time. She couldn’t hold herself from not doing so. It hurt her heart a lot as she was thinking about Jongin. The fact that she had known that she was pregnant but she and Jongin were over was hard to accept. They were supposed to share the good news and raised their kid together but those dreams were already vanished.

“Jongin-ah … Jongin-ah …”