NINETEEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

NINETEEN

 

(Avenue Company)

“I’m about to go to Avenue Hotel now. Is there anything that any of you want to ask or inform me before I go?” asked Minseok to his co-workers.

“No, Minseok-ssi,” answered them at the same time.

Minseok smiled and nodded once. He reminded them to call him if there was anything, and then he exited the building together with his female secretary. His driver was already waiting for him inside the car. As he and his secretary got inside, the secretary immediately started a conversation with him.

“Minseok-ssi, I’m excited for tomorrow’s events. I’ve got news that people are giving good responses. As expected from our company. Always the best among the best!” she said and squealed.

The CEO could only chuckle as his first respond to his secretary’s words and act. One thing about Minseok, his workers would always feel comfortable whenever they talked with him because of his polite and didn’t care about positions attitudes. They didn’t feel awkward if they wanted to act crazily or childishly in front of him, and although Minseok was so kind to them, they never took advantage towards his kindness. 

“You’re funny, Hyoyeon-ssi,” said Minseok and smiled, making her to smile sheepishly.

“Your late father must be so proud of you Minseok-ssi,” she said back.

And just as Minseok wanted to open his mouth to reply Hyoyeon’s words, his intention got interrupted by his ringing phone. He smiled to the woman and told her to give him time for a while to answer the call. He took the phone out from his suit’s pocket and quickly answered the call without even checking who the caller was at first.

Minseok: Hello?

 

******

 

(Do’s House)

“Oh God, he answered!” Kyungsoo screamed nervously in her heart.

Minseok: Hello?

Kyungsoo: Urm … hhi, Minseok-ssi.

Kyungsoo bit her lips after she greeted Minseok. She didn’t understand why she felt so nervous that time.

Minseok: Uh? KKyungsoo-ssi? (sounded surprised)

Kyungsoo: (chuckled uneasily before she talked) Hayyeah. It’s me, Minseok-ssi.

Minseok: (sighed in relief) I haven’t heard from you for a month. How are you? I’m happy that you call me (talked in a happy tone)

When she heard Minseok saying that he was happy to receive the call from her, it had made her to stay silent for seconds. Minseok did sound so happy, no doubt about it, but she didn’t really understand why. Did it mean that the man was thinking about her and waiting the call from her for the past one month?

Minseok: Kyungsoo-ssi, are you there?

Kyungsoo: Huh? Oh, yes, yes. I’m still here. Sorry.

Minseok: Okay. So, how are you? And why do you call me, by the way?

Kyungsoo: I’m fine. Urm … Minseok-ssi, can we meet today? I meant, during your lunch time, can we?

Kyungsoo couldn’t let her nervousness controlled her now. She needed to say what she had to say right away and didn’t prolong it even more.

Minseok: WWhat? (surprised and in disbelief)

Kyungsoo: I’m sorry for this sudden call and request. But if you’re busy, than that’s fine. I don’t want to trouble you, to be honest. I on—

Minseok: No, it’s okay. I’m not busy. We can meet, but why?

Kyungsoo: That’s why I want to meet you, so that I can explain why. But it’s not a serious thing.

Minseok: Oh, urm … well, you’ve really put me into curiosities. Where do you want to meet?

Kyungsoo: Your office. Is that okay?

Minseok: My office? So, you want to come to my company? Oh, okay. That’ll be no problem. My lunch time is at 12:30.

Kyungsoo: (happy) Really? Thank you, Minseok-ssi. I’ll see you in few hours. Thanks once again.

 

******

 

(Techno Company)

Jongin wiped away his tears and breathed out calmly. No. His mind was just trying to play with his heart. He shouldn’t think about Kyungsoo anymore. He shouldn’t! He should forget her. That was what he wanted. Jongin was back to feel stress. He fisted his fingers into his hair and ruffled it till his hair looked like a mess.

“God, I know I’ve done wrong. I’ve hurt Kyungsoo. I’ve tortured her feelings. I couldn’t understand myself. I love her so much, but when I’m with Jessica, it feels like as if Jessica is the only woman I love. I completely forget about Kyungsoo. I can’t think of anything anymore, God. I’ve screwed up everything! What should I do? Help me, God. Help me,” he talked and begged and cried at the same time.

 

******

 

“Where’s Jongin?”

“K—Kwon-ssi,” Sehun immediately got up from his seat and greeted his boss.

“Where’s Jongin?” asked the boss for the second time.

“Kim Jong In?” Sehun asked him back in which making the boss to stare at him angrily.

“Is there any other Jongin in this room? Yes! Kim Jong In! Where is he?” shouted the boss at the innocent Sehun.

Sehun was taken aback, but his mouth quickly uttered the words to answer his boss’s question. He was bluffing by telling his boss that Jongin was going to the washroom. With that, Mr. Kwon didn’t have any reasons for him to get angry if his worker was going to the toilet.

“Fine. Tell him to prepare the secretarial file as soon as possible! By lunch, I want it!”

“YYes, sir,” answered Sehun stutteringly.

After the boss left, Sehun then exhaled deeply. His boss was scary—always. He looked at his wrist watch and saw the time was 9:45 a.m. Jongin had been out from the office for thirty minutes already. Sehun needed to get him back here before he got scolded again because of Jongin.  

 

******

 

After Sehun arrived at the rooftop, his brows furrowed when he saw his best mate was lying like a soulless person on the floor. He walked near him and called his name.

“Jongin, you okay? Mr. Kwon was looking for you just now. You better go back to the office and do your work,” he told.

However, he didn’t receive any responses from Jongin. The man was still lying on the floor with his right forearm used to cover his eyes. Sehun scoffed lowly and called out for Jongin’s name once again.

“I heard you. I’ll go back after this,” replied Jongin.

“No, you need to get back right now. Hurry up, buddy. Okay, I know that you have problem, but yo—”

“Shut up!” Jongin yelled and sat up at the same time, glaring sharply at Sehun.  

Sehun noticed the man’s eyes were red and a little swollen, but he didn’t want to care about that first.

“Why do you have to yell and look at me like that?!” he yelled back at Jongin.

He was sick of getting scolded and yelled for no reasons. Without waiting for Jongin to say anything more, Sehun decided to just leave him and go back to the office. Letting himself not to get involved and acted ignorant would be better.

 

******

 

“You look happy, Minseok-ssi. I bet it was because of the person that has called you just now,” Hyoyeon commented and smiled mockingly.

“Huh? Aaa.”

Minseok was smiling uneasily after he received such comment and scratched his head although it wasn’t itchy. By looking at his expression, Hyoyeon could tell that he was shy and nervous. One of the ways to prove that he was nervous was when he started loosening his tie and huffed for like numerous times.

“Minseok-ssi, are you okay?” asked the secretary and chuckled softly.

“Huh? Well, yeah. Yeah. I’m cool,” he answered, causing Hyoyeon to chuckle even more.

“You’re nervous, Minseok-ssi. So, are we, the workers, going to have Mrs. Kim to handle the company soon?” she continued to ask, and Minseok shot her with a slightly surprised expression.

Mrs. Kim? Minseok felt his heart was beating fast right now. He hoped that was true, but it wasn’t going to happen. Kyungsoo had a husband, and although he knew that there was a problem happening between the married couple, it still didn’t give him the chance to have Kyungsoo in his life.

“Unless if she’s divorced,” he thought. “No, Hyoyeon-ssi. She’s just a friend,” he said back.

“Okay, just a friend. I got it,” told Hyoyeon sarcastically, making Minseok to just smile and shook his head.

 

******

 

(Liberty Company: Chanyeol’s workplace)

Chanyeol: So, you agree to go for the interview tomorrow? (sounded happy)

Kyungsoo: Yes, appa. That’s why I want to meet him this afternoon. I’ll go to his company to ask for further info.

Chanyeol: But sweetie. You can just talk to him through the phone. Why do you have to trouble yourself to go there alone?

Kyungsoo: Because I think it will look unfair if I just or maybe get interviewed through the phone. I need to go and see him face to face. That’s better.

Chanyeol: Hmm … yeah, you’re right. Alright then.  I’ll send you there, okay?

Kyungsoo: No, no. It’s okay, appa. I can go by taxi. Don’t worry about me, eo? I promise that I’ll take care of myself.

Chanyeol: Are you sure?

Kyungsoo: Yes, appa. I’m sure.

Chanyeol: Promise me once again.

Kyungsoo: (chuckled) I promise. Don’t worry okay, appa?

Chanyeol: Okay, sweetie. Just call me right away if there’s anything.

With Kyungsoo saying yes, that was how their conversations ended. Chanyeol put his phone on his table and moved his gaze to his laptop. Next to it was a medium size rectangular frame which had the picture of Kyungsoo who was still a baby and Chanyeol’s wedding picture combined together. He smiled warmly and let out a soft sigh when he took the frame. He made his eyes to stare at his wife’s face and his fingers were caressing the glass frame gently.

“I miss you, yeobo. There’s no moment where I don’t miss you. I want to meet you so bad, but I still need to stay strong. Our baby girl needs me. I wish you were here with me, Baek. I-I really wish you were here with me and Kyungsoo. I feel … I feel lonely, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol spoke quietly with tears started to slowly running down on his cheeks just when he kissed on the hard frame.

 

******

 

(Lunch)

(Avenue Company)

“Thank you for sending me here safely,” thanked Kyungsoo to the taxi driver politely.

“Anytime,” answered the driver to her with a smile, and drove away seconds later.

Kyungsoo stayed still in front of the entrance door while frowning as she suddenly hesitated to enter. The company was so big and beautiful, and it seemed unbelievable that she was being friend with the CEO of this company. The sliding entrance door then automatically opened as it could detect Kyungsoo’s presence. Kyungsoo started to step inside slowly where she could feel eyes from the workers there were staring at her as if she was some kind of a criminal or a suspected person. Who wouldn’t want to look at her? Like people always said, she was different; not in a good way. People would be like, ‘Look at that boy’, ‘Look at his outfit’, look this, look that and on and on and on.

“I’m wearing jeans and sweatshirt. Why do they still give me these awkward stares? Or is it not because of my outfit? I think it’s because I’m not the worker here,” Kyungsoo thought.

“Are you looking for someone, little boy?” asked a beautiful lady whom people would call as the receptionist.

“Little boy?” Kyungsoo thought again.

She ignored that and let the lady to think her as a boy. She looked at her name tag and read her name with a low voice as Sooyoung. She looked so nice and didn’t stare at Kyungsoo weirdly like the others did.

“Urm … Minseok-ssi. I’ve met an appointment to meet him here,” told Kyungsoo.

“Oh. Minseok-ssi hasn’t back yet, but you can wait him in the waiting room there,” Sooyoung informed.

“Okay. Thank you, Sooyoung-ssi,” Kyungsoo thanked.

However, before Kyungsoo could get to enter the waiting room, she got stopped by Sooyoung from doing so because Minseok luckily had arrived back at his company. Minseok saw Kyungsoo, and he automatically hovered a warm smile on his lips.

“Kyungsoo-ssi,” he said, making his feet to walk towards the woman.

Hyoyeon looked at Kyungsoo with a creased eyebrows. So, Minseok wasn’t talking with a woman this morning? But she remembered clearly Minseok addressed Kyungsoo as ‘she’ when he told her that they were just friends. The workers were looking at them with wonders. They noticed how brightened up their CEO was looking.

“Hhi. Afternoon, Minseok-ssi,” Kyungsoo greeted and bowed her head.

“Yeah, afternoon to you too. You’ve just arrived here?”

Kyungsoo nodded her head as the sign of saying yes. Without delaying his time, Minseok then asked Kyungsoo to follow him. They left the reception area, heading to the elevator while leaving the workers there with questions playing inside their minds.

“Minseok-ssi, wait,” called Hyoyeon and quickly sprinted up to the elevator also.  

 

******

 

(Techno Company)

“Hey, buddy.”

Sehun lifted his head up and saw Jongin was standing in front of his table. But, since he was still feeling offended towards Jongin this morning, he didn’t want to greet him back and continued to do his works again. When Jongin saw that, he knew he had got ignored by his friend. He let out a sigh and talked.

“I’ve sent the file to Mr. Kwon just now,” he told.

“What does it has got to do with me?” Sehun asked him in an angry tone, making the man to sigh once again.

“Okay, I’m sorry about this morning. I shouldn’t get mad at you,” Jongin apologized.

“Ok,” Sehun answered shortly, still didn’t look at Jongin.

Jongin knew that Sehun was still sulking. Seriously, it had made Jongin to feel awkward. How should he coax a sulking man?

“Buddy, don’t do this to me. I’m sorry, alright? Can we have lunch together?”

Sehun stopped from typing. With a loud huff, he closed his laptop and made his eyes to finally look at his friend’s face. Jongin was waiting for him to talk.

“You pay,” he said, making Jongin to chuckle.

“Alright, alright. I’ll pay. Can we go now?”

Smiled, Sehun then nodded his head and said yes.

 

******

 

On their way heading to Jongin’s car at the basement, they were talking about something and led Sehun to ask him about his decision.

“You sure you want to quit?”

“I don’t know. I just feel like quitting but hasn’t confirmed yet. I need to find another job first before I quit,” answered Jongin.

“New job huh?” Sehun muttered in a low voice then stayed silent.

Suddenly, Minseok’s face appeared in his mind which then made him to come out with an idea. With a broad smile, he placed his one arm around Jongin’s neck and tugged him. His action startled Jongin so much.

“What are you doing? Get off,” told the tan man to him, but Sehun ignored him and kept on tugging.

“I have a job for you. If you really want to quit, I can promote you with this job.”

 

******

 

(Avenue Company)

(Minseok’s Office)

“Thanks for the tea. You can go to your room and do your work,” Minseok ordered to his secretary.

“Very well, sir,” said Hyoyeon to him and she left the room.

Kyungsoo was sitting on the couch while staring at the surrounding. She was amazed to see such a big and clean office room of Minseok. Minseok saw her while hovering a smile on his lips. Her reaction was too cute for the man’s opinion. Minseok couldn’t stop from smiling when he looked at her. For a month they didn’t contact each other, he swore that he really couldn’t stop from thinking about her. He always prayed that Kyungsoo would be okay, and by looking how she was right now, it seemed like she had getting better than she was a month ago.  

“This is such a beautiful company, Minseok-ssi. It’s my first time to enter this building and now I understand why people keep telling how great this company is. And by people, I meant my dad,” she praised and chuckled.

Minseok took a seat opposite Kyungsoo and sipped his drink before he talked.

“This is all my dad’s hard works, Kyungsoo-ssi. If it wasn’t because of him, this company isn’t going to be as how it is now,” he replied.

Kyungsoo nodded her head and finally changed her gaze to Minseok. Minseok was doing the same thing as her, and now, they were staring while smiling at each other.

“I haven’t asked you yet. How are you, Minseok-ssi? It’s been a month, right?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Yeah. A month. I’m fine, like always. I still can’t get over how happy I am to see you again.”

His statement had turned her cheeks to blush. Kyungsoo didn’t know how to explain her feelings now. It wasn’t like she had fallen for him. She somehow felt like she had become as one of Minseok’s important persons in his life; she felt appreciated.

“I’m sorry about what had happened at the restaurant before. I wasn’t—”

“Kyungsoo-ssi, it’s okay. You’ve got nothing to be sorry for. Past is past. It’s normal to have problems in marriage. We can’t expect to have rainbows and sunshine every day, right?” told Minseok who suddenly interrupted Kyungsoo from finishing her sentence.

“Urm … y-yeah. You’re right,” she agreed.

“I just hope you and your husband are okay by now. And let’s don’t talk about that, shall we?  Tell me the reason why you want to meet me today.”

“Oh yeah, about that,” she paused for seconds. “Actually, I’ve seen the news on television last night. About your Avenue Hotel’s launching,” she said.

“Okay … then why is that?” Minseok asked her with a soft tone.

“Can I … can I go for the interview tomorrow, Minseok-ssi? I really want to work and you’re like the golden chance that I have right now. I came to meet you here because I want to ask further details about the interview,” Kyungsoo finally admitted.

Minseok was in a surprised state. Was that some kind of fate? He felt like he was dreaming when he heard Kyungsoo telling him that she wanted to work at the hotel which was under his company. It meant that he would have more time to see Kyungsoo whenever he would come to visit the hotel.

“Minseok-ssi? Why don’t you say anything? I’m sorry if you feel like I want to meet you today because of this thing only,” Kyungsoo apologized with guilty tone and feeling.

“What? No, no. I don’t take it as a bad thing. In fact, I’m happy. At least this job can allow me to meet you again. And sure, sure. You can come for tomorrow’s interview. Anyone can come. Just bring every certificate that you have.”

 

******

 

Sehun and Jongin had arrived at Minseok’s company. The two men didn’t go for lunch because Sehun urged Jongin to come there. Since Minseok had told Sehun about the launching of his hotel, that was how the idea of making Jongin to attend for the interview the next day popped out in his mind. Now, they were here because Sehun wanted Jongin to ask the receptionist there further info about the interview. Jongin agreed with his friend’s idea.

“So, this is your cousin’s company? Wow!” told Jongin with amazement while his eyes were looking at the building.

“CEO, Jongin, CEO. What do you expect?” replied Sehun with a chuckle.

“Yeah, hell rich. We are not going to meet him, right?” asked Jongin again.

“Nope. We just go to the reception area to ask for the info. Just try for the interview tomorrow. If you get qualified, only then you can quit your job.”

Jongin nodded his head and patted the other man’s shoulder.

“Thanks so much, buddy. You really are my good friend.”

“Yeah, right. I love my job now. If not, surely I want to quit the job and follow you to work here, but geez. I also don’t want to work under my own cousin’s company,” said the man and both chuckled.

“Let’s get in there now,” Sehun suggested.

 

******

 

Kyungsoo and Minseok had returned to the first floor again because they wanted to go out for lunch together and Minseok would offer to send her home. Kyungsoo didn’t reject because she was really hungry and needed food to restore her energy. Her baby must’ve feeling hungry also. The two of them were talking and chuckling while they were walking to the entrance door. The workers seemed couldn’t believe with what they were seeing at that time. Their CEO seemed so happy and chuckled a lot when he was talking with the person that they assumed as ‘he’.

As the door was slid open and both of them made their steps to walk outside, Kyungsoo didn’t realized that there was someone in front of her since she was busy talking with Minseok. The person wanted to walk inside. She got startled when she got bumped with the person and by hearing how the person reacted, she was sure that the person also didn’t realize that she was walking in front of him also.  Minseok immediately put his arm around Kyungsoo’s back to support her and asked her whether she was okay or wasn’t.

“Hyung,” called another person with a surprised tone.

Kyungsoo and Minseok immediately turned their gazes to the person.

“Sehun?” said Minseok back.

Kyungsoo then made her eyes to look at the person whom she got bumped with and when she saw him, her eyes widened in shocked and she was in disbelief. The person was giving the same reaction like her also. Both of them were looking at each other in shocked. Sehun saw Kyungsoo, and it really made him to feel nervous. He looked at Jongin, and he knew that it was too late to ask Jongin or Kyungsoo to back off. Minseok was also looking at Jongin with a frown on his face. Since he still didn’t know how Jongin looked like, it had made him to wonder who that guy was.

“JoJongin …” Kyungsoo muttered with a low-weak voice.

“Kyungsoo …” Jongin muttered her name with a low voice also.

 

 

 

This shouldn’t be happening. 

 

A/N :  Hey  everyone! I'm back again for real now! Miss me? *sobs* T_T. This story isn't gonna be on hiatus anymore, so be happy okay? ^^  Hope you guys still remember the storyline. I've changed the plot for this story now. Hehe. New ideas come :D Anyway, thank you for still subscribing. Enjoy reading this, ok? Like always, Comments and  Upvotes are LOVED! Hehehe.