TWENTY (PREVIEW)

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

TWENTY

 

“Kyungsoo-ssi, are you okay? Do you know him?” Minseok asked.

Minseok didn’t hear the time when Kyungsoo and Jongin were uttering each other’s names seconds ago, and that was why he came out with that kind of questions. Both Kyungsoo and Jongin were looking at him at the same time. Meanwhile, Sehun become speechless. He thought why must they bump into each other in not really a perfect time like this?

“Huh? W—what did you just ask, Minseok-ssi?” Kyungsoo asked him back.

Jongin didn’t say anything and was now staring at both of them. He remembered Sehun called the man as hyung, so Jongin was sure that the man was his cousin. And Kyungsoo knew him? Since when?

“Do you know this guy? You look surprised just now,” he asked again.

“Oh, no. No. I—I …” Kyungsoo paused, slowly made her eyes to look at Jongin again. The truth, she felt really nervous. She could see Jongin was still staring at her, and it made her heart to beat faster. She didn’t know what to say, but in the end, she decided to bluff. “No ... I don’t know him. I got startled because we almost knocked on each other. That’s all.”

“Don’t know?” Jongin finally talked in a sarcastic tone, making Kyungsoo surprised.

Sehun and Minseok then changed their gazes to Jongin. Sehun quickly took an action because he thought he really needed to stop this. He didn’t want this situation to get worsen.

“Hey, buddy. You don’t know her, right? Let’s go. Minseok hyung, see you later,” Sehun told and tugged him.

He used his palm to close Jongin’s mouth and dragged him inside the building with all his strength. Because of his quick action, Jongin didn’t get to stop him from doing so. Minseok really didn’t get the whole situation. He was blurred, but he still could sense something was not right. When he looked at Kyungsoo, the sad expression plastered on her face was so visible.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, you sure you’re alright? Do you really don’t know him?” Minseok asked with a gentle voice; seeing Kyungsoo sad, it worried him so much.

“Yes, I don’t know him. Can we go now? I’m so hungry,” she answered, patted her hungry stomach softly while giving Minseok a forced smile.   

 

******

 

“Let go of me, Sehun!” Jongin ordered, pried the man’s hands from closing his mouth and tugging him.

The workers were looking at them confusedly. Some of them who knew Sehun immediately greeted that man happily, and he would greet them back politely. Jongin rolled his eyes, headed to the receptionist’s table without waiting for Sehun. As he walked, his mind was working hard on thinking about Kyungsoo.

“I did not expect you could find a replacement so fast, Kyungsoo,” he thought.  

 

******

 

It was so quite in the car. The radio wasn’t , Minseok was focusing on driving, and Kyungsoo was just sitting quietly while her eyes were staring at the outside road scenery. She almost had succeeded in forgetting Jongin for the past one week, but the man had appeared again in her life. It had made her to remember about the incident at the court where Jongin pleaded her to forgive Jessica, in which triggered her angry feeling so much. As she thought about it, a loud huff was then being escaped from and it could clearly be heard by Minseok.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, you do know that guy, right?” he questioned, emphasizing the word ‘do’.

“Huh?”

Kyungsoo woke up from her thoughts and quickly changed her view to Minseok. The man was still focusing his eyes staring on the road.

“You make it obvious. After all, I’m not that blind enough to not notice it,” said Minseok again.

Kyungsoo fell silent again for seconds before she spoke.

“Well I—I … yes, I know him,” she admitted.

 

 

Xiumin here is so urghh!! Manly Umin! His muscular arms, love itt!!!