FIFTEEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

FIFTEEN

 

(Kim’s House)

“O—ouch! Jessy.”

Jongin winced in pain where his hand was desperately trying to stop Jessica from continuously applying the ointment on his bruised face.

“Jagi! Will you please stop whining like a child?” Jessica growled; threw the cotton into the bin as she done.

“Sorry. It’s just hurt so bad. Felt like my jaw had been dislocated. I never expected that dad was so strong, for his age now,” Jongin explained while rubbing his own cheeks gently and talked cutely.

“That old man was angry, that’s why. If anger was controlling our mind, our body can become more powerful. Urgh! Speaking about that old man, it reminds me again with the last thing that he told us before he left,” Jessica said in anger.

“Just forget it. I won’t be like what he had said. Trust me.”

Jongin ended his sentence with giving a peck on Jessica’s lips.

“I trust you. Since I heard the thing that you’ve told Kyungsoo about she was your mistake, it really convinced me that you really love me,” Jessica said again and then giggled.

Jongin gave her a quick smile when he heard that before he slowly lowered his head down. He sighed forlornly while saying something in his heart.

“You probably hate me now right, Kyungsoo? If you do, then I will feel really glad. I’m sorry for lying to you. That’s the only way to make you to forget me. Although it is hard, I know you can.  You … You’re … You are never my mistake, Kyungsoo-yah. Never will be. It’s me. I’m your mistake. Meeting me was your biggest mistake because you don’t deserve a guy like me. Your dad is right. I know that I will regret everything but there’s nothing I can do now. I’m sorry I screwed up! I’m so sorry.”   

(Two days later)

(Sunday, October 6th 2013: 2 weeks pregnant)

(Do’s House)

Chanyeol: Okay. Thanks. Thank you so much, Yunho hyung.

Chanyeol was bowing his head ninety degree repetitively while saying thank you to the person on the line as if the said person could see what he was doing. He smiled broadly after he ended the call. 

“Appa?” Kyungsoo approached him from the back all of the sudden in which making his round eyes to open wide, and he jumped from his seat in shocked.

“Ommo! Kyungsoo-yah, you scared me,” he said nervously; palm being clasped over his chest.

“So—sorry,” she apologized.

She was also startled seeing her father in shocked like that.  

“It’s okay. Luckily my heart is still strong,” he joked, and Kyungsoo smiled when she heard that; took a seat next to her father.

“Who were you talking to just now?” She questioned him with wondered.

“Oh. It’s Mr. Yunho. He was my middle school senior years ago. He’s a lawyer, and he agreed to help us,” Chanyeol explained.

“Glad to hear that,” told Kyungsoo but not-in-so-happy tone. 

Chanyeol understood her. Who wouldn’t feel upset to be separated with someone that we loved, but Kyungsoo had to be strong no matter what. His daughter didn’t need a bastard like Jongin anymore in her life!

“Sweetie, be strong, eo?” told Chanyeol and then let her to be in his embrace.

“I know, appa. I’m tired of crying, after all,” she admitted and hugged back her father.

 

******

 

“Let’s hang out today. What do you think? It’s been a while since the two of us last spending our leisure time together.”

Chanyeol aired his suggestion. Kyungsoo needed to release her stress and have fun because that was the best way to avoid her from getting a severe depression and luckily the girl didn’t protest.  

“Okay. Let’s dress up ourselves first,” Kyungsoo told.

“Alright! Papa’s and Daughter’s Playtime today!” Chanyeol said happily in which making Kyungsoo to chuckle.

Her father could become so childish sometimes.

 

 

******

 

(Mall)

(Afternoon)

“Hyung, that’s not fair!” Sehun whined.

“Don’t deny it, Sehun. You lose. It’s your treat. I save my money for today,” Minseok replied with a broad-sarcastic smile carved on his lips, strong enough to make the younger to feel irritated to see his expression.

‘Bullying’ the younger was really his favourite. Sehun sighed in defeated since he couldn’t say anything more about that and then pouted.

“Blurgh! There’s nothing I can do then. Fine, I’ll treat you lunch. Let’s go,” he said while sadly looking at his wallet—thinking how his money would be gone after he paid for the bill later on.

Geez don’t overact, you kiddo. I was just joking. I’ll pay. Come on.”

Minseok knocked on the younger’s head lightly and then chuckled. As Sehun heard that, he couldn’t stop himself from grinning happily.

“I know you’re a nice hyung. What a lucky life to have a rich cousin to always pay for us.”

He placed his arm around Minseok’s shoulder from behind, chuckling too in process.

“Say that again, I won’t hesitate to cancel my treat,” Minseok joked to him.

“I know you won’t do that. You’ll always feel sorry whenever I act myself to look so pathetic,” Sehun replied him back with a bragging tone.

“Yeah, you got me there. Let’s just go.”

 

 

******

 

On their way headed to the decided restaurant, Minseok had suddenly gotten approached by someone and that made both men to turn their whole bodies to the back at the same time to know who the person was. And as Minseok could see the person’s face, it somehow could make him to smile happily instead of feeling surprised to see the person.

“Minseok-ssi, it’s really you. Annyeonghaseyo. What a coincidence,” the person greeted him happily.

“Kyungsoo-ssi,” said the two men at the same time, but it made Kyungsoo to wonder how the other man could know her name too.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, what are you doing here? Are you with your husband?” Minseok asked, and before Kyungsoo could answer him, Sehun took the chance to interfere too.

“Jongin’s here? Where is he?”

He sounded a little excited when he asked that.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo startled.

“Jongin?” Minseok wondered and because of that, the attentions were being given to Sehun from both Minseok and Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo-yah, you’re here. I told you to wait for me, right?” said Chanyeol all of the sudden who came from behind, but his attention for Kyungsoo disappeared when he looked at the two men.

As soon as Minseok’s and Chanyeol’s eyes met, both of them then let out their voices at the same time while pointing at each other.

“Minseok-ssi?”

“Chanyeol-ssi?”

“Uh? Appa, you know him?”

“Your dad?”

Minseok was more surprised.

“Okay … seems like everyone knows each other. Let’s just have our lunch together,” Sehun suggested.

 

******

 

(Restaurant)

“Yeah. Kyungsoo told me about that, but she didn’t mention me your name. Anyway, thank you so much for helping my daughter, Minseok-ssi. I owe you so much, and you too boy,” said Chanyeol to both men. “Kyungsoo, do you know that he is the richest CEO in Seoul? He is quite known by people here.”

The father asked his daughter, and Kyungsoo could only shake her head slowly while smiling uneasily.

“I—I never knew that. I knew that he is a CEO because he told me once but never heard of him before,” she told; making everyone to laugh lightly to hear her words.

“I thought that you’re famous enough, hyung,” Sehun told to the elder and then continued to chuckle. “Oh, I forgot to introduce myself properly, by the way. I’m Sehun. His cousin,” he introduced.

“Nice to know you, Sehun-ssi,” said Chanyeol and Kyungsoo at the same time.

“It’s kinda funny right, Chanyeol-ssi? We never talked like this before. I mean random topics like this.”

Minseok interfered after that. Chanyeol nodded his head vigorously and laughed at the same time; saying that he agreed with what Minseok had told him. For all this while, each time when there was a meeting between some companies in Seoul that Chanyeol attended as the representative for the company he works for, and Minseok was there too, they would only talk about business but not that long enough dawg. To get to know each other was just impossible.

“You’re so lucky to meet them, sweetie. Especially with Minseok-ssi,” told Chanyeol to Kyungsoo again.

“N-Ne appa,” Kyungsoo just said yes although she wasn’t so sure what so special enough to know him.

“Urm … how about you don’t address me with the ‘ssi’ right now. I mean I’m still younger than you. Just call me and Sehun by the name. Let the ‘ssi’ be with you only. That will be better,” Minseok suggested, but Chanyeol didn’t take it with an ‘okay’ directly because he felt he didn’t have the right to just call Minseok by the name only.

“I agree. Besides, we’re not in the company or having a business meeting so, it’s better for the elder to not feel down with the younger.”

Sehun agreed, and since both men agreed themselves to be known like that, Chanyeol didn’t have any choices other than agreed with them too.  

“What a humble kid,” whispered Chanyeol with relief in his heart.

 

******

 

“Kyungsoo, where’s Jongin by the way? And congratulation on your pregnancy. I never knew that my friend is gonna be a father.”

He sighed after finished his sentence and only to receive a surprised expression from those three. When Sehun lifted his head up to look at Kyungsoo, his nervous feeling appeared, and he knew what exactly that they wanted him to tell them.

“Okay first, sorry with the sudden question. For everyone’s information, I am Jongin’s workmate. We’re working at the same unit. Sorry hyung for not telling you that I know who her husband is when you told me about what happened before and … wait! I am not sure with myself either right now. You’re really Jongin’s wife right? I saw your wedding picture.”

Thud!

Some customers’ attentions were going to their direction when they heard a loud hit sound came from their table. Chanyeol was the one who had hit the table hardly for once. Minseok, Sehun and Kyungsoo were in the same situation like the other customers too; feeling surprised.

“That bastard is never her husband anymore! Stop saying his name! He doesn’t deserve my daughter!!!” Chanyeol yelled angrily.

Chanyeol had unintentionally become emotional and couldn’t control his anger at that time. Jongin’s name was being kinda sensitive to be heard by him lately, since the incident happened.

“Ap—appa!” Kyungsoo sternly stopped him from saying anything again. 

Her father was making her to feel so embarrassed in front of everyone as his action had really attracted the customers’ curiosities to know what her problem was, and she didn’t want that to be happened although she knew that it might be late already.

“I warn you to not mention Kyungsoo’s name in front of him, and since you know about my daughter’s pregnancy, you don’t ever dare to tell that jerk about that, you understand that?!”

Chanyeol continued to yell again at the innocent Sehun who knew nothing about their problem but got scolded as if he was the troublemaker. Minseok could only stare at them with full of surprise. Chanyeol at that time was so different with the one who they knew few minutes ago.

“Appa, stop it! What are you doing?!” Kyungsoo told him with a trembling voice, and her tears were already coiled up in her eyes.

She glared at Chanyeol for seconds when their eyes met before pushing him aside lightly and then walked out from the restaurant while crying. Only when Kyungsoo did that, Chanyeol could turn to his old self again. His anger suddenly disappeared like a wind, and he seemed like to could not remember clearly with what he had just done minutes before. His mind was blanked, and when he made his eyes to look at the surrounding, everyone’s eyes were staring at him with wondered especially the two men; staring at him with a complete surprised expression.

“I—I … I’m sorry. I have to go!”

Chanyeol bowed to them before he ran out from the restaurant to get to his daughter who had been walking to he didn’t know where.

 

 

 

At that moment, Minseok and Sehun knew that there was something going on with Kyungsoo and her small family although they didn’t clearly get what was that all about.

“Kyung—Kyungsoo-yah …” called Minseok sadly in his heart.

His protective feeling suddenly built up.