TWO

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

TWO

 

(At night) (Kim’s House)

“Yeobo!” 

Kyungsoo beamed and hugged Jongin tightly, burying her face into his chest as soon as he entered their house. Jongin was startled with her action, but didn’t say anything.

“Welcome home, Yeobo,” she added, hugging him even tighter.  

“O … kay thanks Yeobo, but what’s  up with you today?” he asked confusedly.

Kyungsoo lifted her head up and stared at Jongin with her wide eyes. She grinned, making her looked even weirder.

“Come. Food’s waiting.”

She pulled Jongin’s right arm, softly directing him to the dining room but the man quickly stopped her.

“W-Wait!” he said, earning an emotionless stare from Kyungsoo.

“What’s wrong yeobo?” she asked.

Jongin gently removed Kyungsoo’s arm, moving a few steps back while the girl was just staring at him.

“N-Nothing, yeobo. Can I … Can I just go upstairs first? Change my clothes?” he asked while pointing to his attire.

He didn’t really know why he was stuttering. He somehow was acting as if he was scared of Kyungsoo.

“Oh. Okay,” she simply replied.

 

******

 

Jongin huffed as he closed the bedroom door, walking toward their bed. He sat on the bed as he took off his clothes and changed into some comfortable clothing. While doing that, he remembered his conversations with Jessica during lunch.

 

 (Flashback)

“Since you’re pregnant, I can’t let you stay alone.”

Jongin could see her happy expression after he said that.

“You’re going to stay with me, right?” Jessica asked in excitement.

“What? N—no. Baby, I can’t leave Kyungsoo alone too. You know that.”

“Then what are you trying to do?”

This time she sounded angry.  Jongin smiled and held her hands gingerly in his.

Well, I’ve planned something actually, and I hope you will agree.”

“Really?  What is it?” she asked.

*

*

*

“You stay at my house. The three of us. Kyungsoo, you and I.”

 (End of flashback)

 

(Meanwhile)

Sighing.

Kyungsoo had been sighing all day. She wasn’t sure whether the decision that she made was right or wrong. She just kept thinking about it all day. She had decided to pretend like she hadn’t discovered anything. She wanted to save their husband-wife relationship. She didn’t want to take the risk of starting a fight with her husband because if she did, she knew that she would lose him forever. Jongin had an affair, and in a situation like that, he definitely would leave Kyungsoo and choose his affair if they were to ever fight. If he really loved Kyungsoo, the other woman would never appear in their love story.

“But why must this thing happen to us?” Kyungsoo asked sadly in her heart.

 

 

******

 

(Dining Room)

“Dad? Whose dad? My dad or your dad?” Jongin asked and then continued munching his food.

“My dad. He wants to come here tomorrow. Can he?”

Kyungsoo followed what her father told her to do, which was to ask for Jongin’s permission first before she could invite her dad to come over.

“Alright then,” he quickly replied since he didn’t bother to think twice of thrice.

Kyungsoo was smiling as she got good response from her husband.

“So, what is it?” she then asked.

Frowning, Jongin then asked her back.

“What’s what?”

“You told me that you’ve something to say too. Then what is it?”

The said man then chuckled as he already understood what his wife was saying. The thing was, Jongin wanted to tell Kyungsoo about his plan; not really the original plan, but his made up story.  

 

(Flashback)

“We’ll play our own character. The two of us and this one guy which I named him Eli are best friend. So, this Eli guy is your husband. The situation is like this. Eli has to attend some company thing in Paris and has to stay there for a year. Since you and Eli don’t have any family members live in Korea, Eli asked for my help to take care of you. We’ve been best friend forever and Eli only believes me.”

“That’s so childish, Jongin. Is this the best a 27-year-old man could think? Why would I want to live at your house if I can’t be lovey dovey with you? And I’m sure this plan isn’t gonna work successfully like you’ve predicted. I don’t think we can go on with this plan for a year,” Jessica protested.

“We can give it a try first, okay? For now, just follow this plan and I’ll try to think of another plan later. Alright, jagiya?”

(End of flashback)

 

“Your best friend? I never knew that you have best friend,” Kyungsoo told then chuckled.

“Yeah. Actually, the three of us met each other again last year. Both of them moved back here but Eli's boss filled in his name as the representative of their company to attend a company course in Paris. He couldn’t decline. The thing is, his wife is pregnant, and he needs someone to help him take care of her. Since both of them don’t have any family members living here, he could only depend on me. And I said yes because I know that you will agree with me too, right?”

 “B-But Jongin …”

Before Kyungsoo could say anything, Jongin interrupted her.

“Sooyeon will not be going to work when she hits her fifth month of pregnancy. At least when she starts her leave, you’ll have someone to accompany you while I’m at work. You are definitely gonna like her. She’s as nice as you are, you know.”

Kyungsoo stayed silent for seconds because she wanted to think about what her husband was saying. Honestly, she began to feel jealous.  She was afraid that Jongin would ‘accidentally’ fall in love with his own best friend eventhough that was so wrong of her to think like that. But she also knew that one should help someone in need.

“Wait! Jongin would never fall in love with her because he already has an affair. So, his best friend is not my problem right now,” she thought.

 

******

 

“Al-alright then yeobo. I agree.”

Hearing that, Jongin couldn’t hide his joy; he was smiling broadly. He still didn’t know that Kyungsoo had discovered his relationship with Jessica. Although Kyungsoo didn’t know the name of her husband’s mistress, she had known Jessica’s face. Jongin didn’t know what would happen when he brought Jessica to their house later.  

 

******

 

(At night)

The night went on like any other nights the couple had. Kyungsoo would switch channels just to distract herself from focusing too much on the problems that she had,  the issues with her not being able to get pregnant and Jongin’s affair, while Jongin  was sitting in front of his laptop, trying his best to finish his work.

Silence was conquering the whole space of their bedroom, and it was kind of suffocating for Jongin because there was going to be another two hours before bed time. He thought about expressing the cheesy lovey dovey side of him.

“Never mind,” he thought, decided to stop from doing his work. “It’s not like a night relaxing can affect my job.” 

He convinced himself to completely neglect his works and went to Kyungsoo on the bed. As his beloved woman was about to speak, Jongin had engulfed her in his embrace. It took Kyungsoo seconds to blink back to reality.

“Yeobo,” Jongin whispered closed to Kyungsoo’s ear before he gently seized the remote control from the other and then switched off the television.

Kyungsoo thought of asking what was with this sudden act, which was kinda weird for the Jongin she used to know. However, Jongin’s act itself had told her the answer. All the unexpected sniffing around the crook of her neck, the unexpected caressing on her thighs; both-oh-seductively, could tell that her husband was in heat. After all, his hard-on was just too obvious to be seen.

“Aren’t you needy?” Kyungsoo finally played along with Jongin’s ‘game’.

“Well can’t I have another moment savoring the sweet taste of my wife?” Jongin teased back, earning chuckles from both of them.

“Then, will you play back so that this wife can have hers without sharing with other people?” Kyungsoo back mockingly to which the dumb Jongin didn’t buy it at all.

 

******

 

That night, the sadness and hurtful feelings that Kyungsoo got from the unexpected discovery of her husband’s secret relationship were forgotten momentarily when the two were making love.