ONE

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

ONE

 

(A week later)

“Take care, yeobo," Kyungsoo bid happily.

Jongin drove away whilst Kyungsoo waved continuously at him until he was out of her sight. She felt happy because everything had gone back to normal. Jongin was being Jongin again, her sweet and lovable husband had back.

 

 

******

 

(Jongin’s working place: Techno Company)

“Morning buddy!” Sehun, Jongin’s close workmate greeted.

“Hey,” he replied, settled himself down before he started his work.

Sehun smirked, got up from his seat before offering his busy friend a cup of coffee.

“You want?” he offered, and the said man stared at him for seconds before he replied with a “Yeah, thanks.”

Crossing his arms over his chest and leaning his against Jongin’s table, Sehun said, “Chillax. Our boss is coming late today. So, you don’t have to be so hardworking,” ended his sentence with a chuckle.

“Really? Why?” Jongin wondered.

As far as he knew, their boss wasn’t the type of person who would come late for work unless there was an emergency.  

Hmm his secretary told me that he’s going to the airport today. He needs to fetch up his daughter. The good news for me is, she’s going to work here with us, and she’s single. Yehet!”

Jongin scoffed lowly when he looked at Sehun. Surely the 27-year-old single Oh Se Hun who desperately wanted a partner in his life wasn’t going to let go the golden opportunity that he might have.

“Just keep your ‘yehet’ first because it is impossible. She is our boss’s daughter. What makes you think that Mr. Kwon wants to accept a normal worker like you as his son-in-law? And what if she is ugly? She’s fat, hideous, and looks like Fiona from the Shrek?” Jongin ended up his sentence with a chuckle again.

“I repeat. His daughter is going to work here with us, which means our position is the same, and once you love a person, appearance isn’t that important  anymore, and Mr. Kwon will definitely want me as his son-in-law. Believe it. Mark my word.” 

“Yeah, right. I’m so going to guarantee that you won’t even look at her if she’s ugly. Trust me.”

“Whatever! I’m gonna do my work.” Sehun said.

 

 

******

 

(Kim’s House)

Cleaning their bedroom was going to be the final house chores for Kyungsoo on that day. Wasting no time, she entered the room and began cleaning. On the bed she saw was Jongin’s coat. She shook her head while smiling, remembering how clumsy her husband’s act that morning before he took off to work since he was almost late. Jongin could be cool and dumb sometimes and those characters of him attracted Kyungsoo so much.

She took the coat and flapped it as to remove the dust before she hung the coat into the wardrobe. When she flapped the second time, something fell out from the pocket. It immediately caught Kyungsoo’s attention. It was a photograph.

Whose photo was it?

Kyungsoo squatted and slowly took it. At the back of the photo was a note saying, ‘Monday: 13th May 2013—Our precious memory.’

Kyungsoo swallowed the lump caught in . Something was not right. The picture had been taken about four months ago; the date of their wedding anniversary. She remembered Jongin calling  her on that day, saying that he would not be able to celebrate their anniversary together because he had works to be done a.s.a.p. He needed to  stay overnight at the office to finish them. Kyungsoo was being a good wife back then, saying it was alright and that she understood his situation. She remembered clearly that they didn't take any photos on that date and by looking at the handwriting, it was neither Jongin’s nor hers.

Nervously, Kyungsoo turned the photograph over.

 

 

And her breathing stopped for seconds...

 

 

She didn’t wish to believe what she had seen.  

It was a picture of a happy couple.

There was a beautiful woman, happily kissing a man’s cheek.

This said man was none other than Kim Jong In, her husband.

“Yeo—Yeobo.”

 

******

 

Jongin received a call from someone, and as he read the name of the caller, he immediately walked out from the office to find a suitable place for him to talk. He went to the washroom, standing near the door so that he could see if someone he knew was coming.

Jongin: Hey, babe.

???: Morning!!! (greeted happily and loudly)

Jongin: (chuckled) Babe, you’re so loud. It hurts my ears (chuckled again)

???: Oopps. Sor—ry. (then giggled)

Jongin: That’s okay. Miss me?

???: A lot! Jagiya~ (called in a cute tone) Lunch together?

Jongin: (chuckled again) Alright. I’ll pick up my love Soo Yeon around 12:30, okay?

???: Ya~! Don’t call me that! It’s Jessica. Hmph!

Jongin: I was just joking. Alright then, Jessica.

Jessica: Hehe. See you at noon. Love you!

Jongin: Love you too.

Jongin ended the call with a broad smile. “Cute,” he praised and then walked back to his office.

 

(Flashback – Monday; 13th May)

“All done! Now I only have to wait for Jongin to come back.”

Kyungsoo smiled happily as she was satisfied looking at her works. She had decorated their house and baked an anniversary cake. That night was going to be a romantic candle light dinner for the both of them. The excitement was indescriable. Right before she wanted to call Jongin, the man had done it first.

Kyungsoo: Hello? Jongin-ah, I—

Jongin: Kyungsoo-yah, I’m sorry.

Kyungsoo: (wondered) Uh? W—why?  

Jongin: Yeobo, I wanna go home so badly, but I can’t because I’ve works to be done. My boss wants it by tomorrow. I don’t think I can go back home tonight.

Kyungsoo: R—really?

Jongin: Of course, yeobo. Is it alright?

Kyungsoo:  Urm … I can’t do anything either. It’s okay. I understand (tried to make a happy tone)

Jongin: Sorry once again, Kyungsoo-yah.

Kyungsoo: It’s okay. Don’t worry. We can celebrate it tomorrow. Just don’t overwork yourself, ne yeobo?

Jongin: Alright. Thanks for your understanding. Love you and happy anniversary.

Kyungsoo: Ne~ Happy anniversary and love you too.

 

******

 

“So? Can we go now?”

“Of course, babe,” Jongin replied happily and then kissed the person’s lips.

 

******

 

“Hmm … happy 3rd anniversary Kyungsoo and Jongin. Hope we will always stay together and have lots of kid someday,” Kyungsoo wished by herself and then blew the candles before she kept the cake into the refrigerator.  

(End of flashback)

 

For some time now, Jongin had been lying to Kyungsoo. He didn’t have work that needed to be done on that night. He actually had another plan for himself. He had a date with his secret lover. A special date that signified Jung Soo Yeon/Jessica Jung was officially his fiancée. 

 

******

 

(Kim’s House)

“Jongin-ah …”

Kyungsoo had been crying for almost an hour. She felt lifeless; sitting on the floor at the edge of their bed, her back was leaning weakly against it while staring sadly at the photograph. As she kept on staring at it, tears continuously streamed down her cheeks. The photograph had become quite damp because of the tears that kept on falling on it.

Kyungsoo couldn’t accept the fact that the guy in the picture was really her husband.

She couldn’t accept the fact that her husband was cheating on her.

She couldn’t accept the fact that Jongin had lied to her.

She couldn’t accept anything at that time. Everything was just too surprising and unbelievable.

“Yeobo … is—is this really you?” Kyungsoo asked with a trembling voice as if Jongin was there to hear her.

 

******

 

(Lunch time)                                                                           

“Hey babe,” Jongin greeted and gave a peck on his fiancée’s lips before he took the seat opposite her.

Jessica was smiling sheepishly while staring at her Jongin. The two were talking about everything like every couple would and continued doing so after making their order. Jessica was reporting to her fiancé on how tiring her half day of work was, having to deal with some of her lazy workmates and how she would  scold them, but in the end, she got scolded  for being such an annoying  .

While listening, Jongin couldn’t help himself from smiling or laughing as he found how cute Jessica was with her angry expression. Jessica pouted when Jongin gave such reactions. She thought that Jongin would be mad to hear that she had been tagged as a , but his reaction with her thought was completely vice versa.

“You don’t even care!” she said angrily before leaning herself against the chair, crossing her arms around her chest and turned her head to another direction.

Jongin immediately played his role as a good fiancé. He got up from his seat and stood up behind his angry fiancée. He hugged her from the back without giving a damn care to what other customers in the restaurant would think. Casually, he kissed Jessica on the cheek.  With that action, he successfully made his fiancée grinning.

“Jessy, let them be. Let them call you whatever they want because you know in my eyes, you’re always the angel of my heart,” Jongin said, being as cheesy as always.   

“You haven’t changed at all. Always my cheesy Jongin,” she replied with a chuckle.

 

******

 

(Kim’s House)

Kyungsoo: Hello, appa.

Mr. Do: Kyungsoo-yah! It’s so nice to hear your voice. I miss you so much!!!

Kyungsoo: (chuckled) Me too. I miss you too, appa. (sniffed)

Mr. Do: (wondered) Kyungsoo? Are you okay? You crying?

Kyungsoo: Ne? No I’m not. It’s the flu. (laughed uneasily)

Mr. Do: A~ Okay then, miss so not good at lying. Don’t lie to your appa.

Chanyeol; Mr. Do, was Kyungsoo’s father—a 44-year-old single father. He was such a lovable man who loved Kyungsoo more than anything in this world. He was so in tune to his one and only daughter’s behavior, that Kyungsoo could never lie to him. Since he had lost his wife after she gave birth to Kyungsoo, Chanyeol had promised that he would take care and love his daughter with all his heart.

Mr. Do: Just tell me what’s wrong. Did you and Jongin have a fight?

Kyungsoo: No, no. We’re okay, appa.

Mr. Do: Then what is it? You’re making me worried, sweetheart.

Kyungsoo: I—I … I just miss you. Can you come here tomorrow, appa? Or … are you busy?

Mr. Do: Aww Kyungsoo-yah, appa will always have time for you. Alright then, tomorrow appa will come to your house. But you should tell Jongin first. Okay, sweetie?

Kyungsoo: Ne, appa.

Not so long after that, Kyungsoo ended her call. To be honest, she didn’t feel as if she could stop crying and she really needed her father. When she was little, her father would always make jokes, read stories or sing to make her stopped from crying. She missed cuddling and resting in her father’s warm hugs for she felt completely protected and safe there. 

 

******

 

(Restaurant)

“Come again?” Jongin asked, wanting Jessica to repeat her words.

He knew he had heard it clearly, but he still didn’t sure if it was right or not.

“I said I’m pregnant. Clear now?” Jessica repeated as what she had been told to.

Jongin was speechless. He didn’t know what to say as a response because in his mind all he thought of was ‘How is that even possible?! I’m pretty sure I’ve used protection!’ Jongin asked the girl one more time whether she was sure of that, or was that the last way that she could use as the reason for Jongin to really should get divorced with Kyungsoo.

“Jagiya. As much as I want you to quickly divorce Kyungsoo, I will never use ‘pregnant’ as an excuse for me to do that. This is unplanned,” she replied.

“But we used protection!” Jongin whsipered nervously.

“I know, and we both also knew that condoms can break too. It is use to protect, but it doesn’t give a 100% protection.”

Jongin scoffed loudly, loosening his tie as he suddenly felt suffocated. Jessica was annoyed upon seeing his reaction.

“You know what? I thought that you would feel happy to hear this news because you’re the one who crazily wanted a kid, but now look at you! You seem scared and wanting to run away from me.”

“No I’m not,” he replied.

“Yes you are! Fine. You can just leave me, and I’ll take care of our baby on my own!” she said angrily, immediately getting up from her seat and was about to walk out from the restaurant when Jongin held her hand.

“Jagiya, wait.”

 

******

 

“Let’s take care of our baby together, eo? I love you. I love you so much, Jessica!” Jongin said and hugged the girl in his embrace. “Everyone! I become a dad! My fiancée here is pregnant!”

Jongin made an announcement to all the customers in the restaurant. Everyone in there clapped their hands and cheered for them. It was something embarrassing to do, but the feeling of excitement had pushed the negative feeling away from Jongin at that moment. Because he was too happy that his dream to have his own kid had been fulfilled by his beloved fiancée. 

 

 

A/N: If you guys do not know the meaning:

Jagi/Jagiya/Yeobo = Honey, My love

Appa = Dad

Ne = Yes

Eo = Okay