FIVE

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

A/N :  Enjoy reading. Comments and  Upvotes are LOVED! Hehehe.

 

FIVE

 

(Two weeks later)

“He’s not coming tomorrow,” Kyungsoo told.

Disappointment can be sensed by her tone. Jongin, who was standing in front of a big mirror in the middle of fixing his tie, stopped and turned to Kyungsoo.

“Why?” he asked.

Chanyeol was supposed to come to their house two weeks ago; the day after Jessica moved in, but his plan got cancelled due to the sudden order he received from his boss. He was chosen as the representative of their company to attend the two week course in Daegu.

“Appa was supposed to be back today but the course has been extended for another week,” Kyungsoo answered, ending her sentence with a loud sigh. “His boss’s a jerk!” she added, then finally stared back at Jongin who was already staring at her.  

Jongin smiled, continued fixing his tie.

Well there’s nothing we or appa can do anyway, yeobo. No matter how angry you are right now," he said.

“Hmm … yeah. I should’ve just let appa come the day when you brought Sooyeon onnie here, and now I regret for not doing so. I miss him so much,” she said it sadly.

Jongin made his way towards Kyungsoo who was still on the bed. He planted a soft kiss on her forehead then sat beside her.

“Chill out, eo? It’s not like you’re unable to see him forever. Be patient just for another week, okay?” he told.

He was trying to change his wife’s mood and fortunately, he succeeded. 

“You’re right,” she agreed.

“Cutie pie~” said Jongin while pinching Kyungsoo’s left cheek which made her whined like a baby.

“It hurts!” she complained cutely.

“Now up. Let’s have our breakfast. I could already smell Jessica’s delicious pancake calling for us downstairs,” he said with a chuckle, wasn’t really sure what made him so happy.

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin with her usual emotionless expression. It somehow made the guy crazily awkward when their eyes met seconds later.

“Wha—what’s wrong, Kyungsoo?”

He wondered, but his question got ignored as Kyungsoo came out with her own question.

“Are Sooyeon and you really best friend? You two behave more than what best friend are supposed to be like, you know? To be honest, I don’t really trust the term of best friend between a man and a woman because—”

“Kyungsoo wait! What are you talking about?” 

Jongin was surprised and nervous with the sudden questions he received, and Kyungsoo could see it; noticed it very clearly. However, her pureness prevented her from evil deeds. It made her pity seeing her husband looking like that, and she slowly changed her mind. Shaking her head twice, she told, “Nothing. I was just overthinking. Forget it,” and then smiled.  

 

******

 

As much as she wanted Jongin to forget, it was kind of late already. Curiosity had surrounded Jongin entirely, and he couldn’t even enjoy his breakfast as much as he liked when questions like ‘Did she know’ kept on playing inside his head. When he recalled everything, Jessica and him had never been obvious. He was sure both of them were acting attentively. He was positively sure. Kyungsoo shouldn’t have noticed. 

“Or did she?” 

 

******

 

“Take care, yeobo. I love you,” said the wife after she gave her husband a kiss on the lips.

Jongin nodded and smiled while Jessica could only roll her eyes from behind.

“I will yeobo and … Jessy?”

“Y-Yes?” she answered cluelesly. 

Kyungsoo’s eyes were glaring sharply at Jongin, but the man didn’t realize it when his focus right at that time was only at Jessica.

“Are you sure … well, you sure you don’t want me to accompany you to the clinic? It’ll be a lot better you know if I go with you this time. To know about the baby’s progress together.”

Okay. That was just so obvious, Kim Jong In.  Kyungsoo’s expression changed immediately, and she lowered her head as she was trying to avoid getting notice by Jongin. A sudden wave of electricity buzzed throughout Jongin’s whole body as it was  signalling the guy that his words could really put him and Jessica in trouble. Jessica was giving him a look of asking him with ‘What are you thinking?! You sounded obvious!’ and the guy could only mutter a silent ‘Sorry’ for that. Both of them synchronizing-ly turned their heads to Kyungsoo.

“W-What do you mean, Jongin? It’ll be more awkward if you go with me, and I do appreciate your offer but that’s okay. I’ll go by myself,” Jessica told, still trying to put up on an act.

“I was just asking. And if you don’t want—”

“Cut it out both of you,” Kyungsoo interrupted. She lifted her head up, giving Jongin a fake smile. “Yeobo, I think you should go now. You’ll be late.”

She gave him a pat on his back and then walked inside, leaving behind the dumfounded couple at the entrance door.

 

******

 

Kyungsoo poured herself a glass of orange juice and drank it in just one shot. As she threw the glass into the sink, she opened the water tap and washed her face in frustration. Everything was just not right! For the past two weeks, she had been fooling herself by letting Jongin and Jessica played behind her back. She was stupid, she admitted that. Two weeks were already enough for making her felt unworthy, and she really thought she couldn't hold it any longer. 

“I should make things right; even if it means by losing you.”

The thought of it broke Kyungsoo’s heart truly. She held onto the sink, biting her lip and eyes tightly closed as she was trying to hold herself from crying.

“K-Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo, are you alright?” Jessica asked softly, standing beside her.

Kyungsoo remained silent. She didn’t feel like talking or even looking at Jessica’s face. If she followed her evil heart, she wanted to kill the pregnant woman instantly, but she knew she would benefit nothing from doing so. The only thing she could do was to control her emotion.

“Kyungsoo?” Jessica called her for the third time with her palm resting on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“Onnie I’m fine. Can you just please leave me alone?” Kyungsoo requested.

“But you seem like you’re having problems. I can’t let you stay bothered like this. You can share it with me if you want to,” Jessica offered.

“Stop acting! What if my problem is you? Will you help me too?”

“W-What?”

  “Why must people like you exist in       this world?!” Kyungsoo said angrily,     glaring at Jessica.

 

******

 

Jongin wasn’t far away from his house actually. He had stopped nearby as he couldn’t really focus on driving. He felt uneasy because he could feel something not right was happening. The way Kyungsoo said  ‘Cut it out, both of you’ had slightly convinced Jongin that his wife might have known about his relationship with Jessica. If indeed their secret was revelead, he didn’t want Jessica to face the problem on her own.

“I should go back now.”

 

******

 

“What are you talking about?” Jessica asked nervously.

“Why am I so stupid?!” Kyungsoo told herself, ruffling her hair like someone who had lost her mind.

 

******

 

It took only five minutes for Jongin to arrive back home. He only parked his car in front of the gate and clumsily running to the entrance door.

“Kyungsoo. Jessy. Open the door please,” he called while knocking on the door.

The sound of the knocking had attracted both women’s attention, and when Jessica could hear Jongin’s voice, she quickly walked to the door to let him in. Kyungsoo on the other hand immediately washed her face again before she walked out to get to Jongin also.

“Jongin, what made return?” the pregnant woman asked just as the door opened.

“Hey Jessy. Where’s Kyungsoo?” he asked, Jessica could see how nervous he looked as if he had been chased by something or someone.

“Y-Yeobo?” Kyungsoo called and when Jongin heard her, he quickly wrapped Kyungsoo into his embrace.

His action really made both Jessica and Kyungsoo wondered.

“I had a bad feeling just now. Glad you two are fine,” he told, still hugging his wife.

Fine? No, Kyungsoo was not feeling fine at all.

“But I … I’m not fine, Yeobo. I really am not,” Kyungsoo said and then buried her face into his chest while hugging him back.

“You knew it, don’t you Kyungsoo?” Jessica suspiciously asked, which made Jongin surprised.

 

******

 

“You knew it, don’t you Kyungsoo? Answer me!”

“Jessy, what are you talking about? What did Kyungsoo know?” Jongin asked.

“Damn it Jongin! Kyungsoo knows about us! I told you that we’re not gonna be able to make it through a year!” she told angrily.

Jongin gasped lowly while Kyungsoo just stayed silent. Jessica scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest and glared at her fiancé angrily. Jongin stiffed. His heart pounded fast, and he gulped as he felt nervous. Kyungsoo didn’t say a word or move even an inch from hugging him which made him feel extremely nervous. He didn’t know why he felt like Kyungsoo was going to stab him all of the sudden; just like a killer would do.

 

(click here) listen while reading

 

“K-Kyungsoo …” he called softly, but his words got cut off when the wife interrupted.

“I let you go. I’ll step back. Di-divorce me, Jongin,” she said in defeat, sniffing as she finished talking.

 

******

 

“What nonsense are you talking about, Kyungsoo? Why would I want to divorce you?”

Jongin released Kyungsoo from his embrace.

“You heard Sooyeon onnie just now. Yes, I knew it! I knew about your relationship before you introduced me to her,” she said and took something out from her pocket and then showed the thing to Jongin. “This! I found this photo weeks ago. Y-You, you lied to me yeobo. You told me you got work to do that day, but you actually went out with her!”

Kyungsoo threw the photo right to Jongin’s face and then burst out in tears. She couldn’t hold herself anymore and just cried as much as she wanted. Jessica was just staring at them without showing any surprised, guilt or sympathetic expression. What she thought was only served Jongin right because it was really his fault.

Jongin was lost for words. Seeing Kyungsoo crying her heart out hurt him also.  He knew something like that was going to happen; where he would see a terrified Kyungsoo crying and hurting because of him, but he didn’t know why he still allowed them to happen. He knew he was a total scumbag, and Kyungsoo deserved someone better than him. He had ed up his beautiful life that they had built three years ago just as fast as snapping fingers.

“Sooyeon onnie has given you everything you want now. You … You love her, and she loves you, and now you guys are waiting for your baby’s arrival in few more months. You guys have completed each other’s lives. There’s no reason, no reason for me to stay with you anymore, yeobo. I—I, I have nothing. I could only give you love … not a family,” she talked between sobbed, paused for seconds when she felt like not continuing talking. The crying activity had made her choke and gasped for air.

“Kyungsoo’s right.” Jessica finally joined  the conversations. “It’s alright now because she has decided to divorce you, Jongin. I’m not being selfish, but you know how my situation right now is. We have our baby on the way, and we both need you more than Kyungsoo does. It depends on you now. You started all these, and you’re the one who’s gonna make the decision wisely.” 

 

*

*

*

 

“I-I’m sorry, yeobo. I—I … I let you go. I’m sorry.”

Tears were finally streaming down Jongin’s cheeks, and he didn’t even have the heart to look at Kyungsoo in the eyes. He was hurting, but it couldn’t compare to how much hurting Kyungsoo was. Kyungsoo smiled with her red eyes and nose, cupping Jongin’s face.

“Yeobo, thank you for taking care of me since we first knew each other. Maybe … maybe we’re not fated to be together in this world, we’re destined to be together in heaven. I don’t hate you, so don’t hate yourself. I, I love you, yeobo. Forever ...”

 

 

 

And that day...

was the last day Jongin had seen Kyungsoo because as the next day came, Kyungsoo wasn’t found anywhere in the house anymore.